Author: Dave Hardin

  • Fernando O Fundora – Phony SEAL

    Fernando O Fundora – Phony SEAL

    The folks at Military Phony send us their work on this Fernando O. Fundora fellow.  Fernando raised a few eyebrows with several retired Navy SEALs and they alerted Military Phony.

    In this photo, he wears both a Trident pin and a SEAL Team Three insignia.

    Fundora claimed he was a SEAL and spoke about how much it meant to him.

    Him being a SEAL even came as a surprise to people that knew him.

    He even dresses his son up with SEAL bling.

    However, the U.S. Navy remembers Fundora’s service a little differently.

    Fernando’s summary sheet shows he was in the Navy for approximately 5.5 months and was discharged as a Fireman (E-3).  He did not complete Machinist Mate “A” school. His entire time was just in Great Lakes, so NO BUD/S, NO SEAL Command. 

  • Vietnam POWs were honored at their 45th annual reunion.

    Vietnam POWs were honored at their 45th annual reunion.

    Circle T Ranch has rolled out the red carpet for a group of Vietnam prisoners of war gathering in North Texas for their annual reunion.

    The 2,500-acre ranch, which is in the Westlake area and is owned by Hillwood, staged a huge event for the dozens of veterans Friday evening. Festivities included a private air show featuring a B-52, A-1 Skyraider, a A-37 Dragonfly, an A-4, a T-38 and a flag jump.

    The veterans are members of a group called NAM-POW, which was formed to help repatriate 801 former prisoners of war returning from Southeast Asia.

    Attendees include entrepreneur and former presidential candidate H. Ross Perot, Hillwood chairman Ross Perot, Jr., Congressman Sam Johnson, Major General James “Jim” Jackson (Ret.), General T. Michael “Buzz” Moseley, and representatives from NAM-POWs, Inc.

    There is a nice video with the story at THIS LINK

  • Homeless Veteran Claims couple raised $400,000 for him but they are spending all the money themselves.

    Homeless Veteran Claims couple raised $400,000 for him but they are spending all the money themselves.

     

    They raised $400,000 for a homeless man — who claims they spent it on vacations, casinos and a BMW.

    She was a motorist on Interstate 95 in Philadelphia who found herself stuck on an off-ramp, scared and out of gas.

    He was a homeless veteran who told her to lock her doors, then spent his last $20 on that day in October to bring her a canister of fuel.

    Later she sought to repay the favor, first with cereal bars and warm socks and spare dollars, then with a GoFundMe campaign to raise money so the good Samaritan would not have to sleep under a bridge. Bobbitt, she told anyone who would listen, deserved a fresh start.

    LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO

    It seems there are all kinds of parasites and vultures after the money that was donated by well-intentioned people.

    There are accusations of mismanagement and outright theft of the money raised on Bobbitt’s behalf. The GoFundMe cash, Bobbitt suspected, had been squandered on vacations, a luxury car and more than one addiction. And this weekend, the threat of litigation loomed.

    Last fall, McClure said, the plan was to get Bobbitt a house and his dream truck, a 1999 Ford Ranger. Bobbitt also planned to donate money to people and organizations that had helped him as he struggled with homelessness.

    In reality, things weren’t that rosy. Instead of a house, McClure and D’Amico got Bobbitt a camper, which they kept in their names and parked on land owned by D’Amico’s family, according to news reports. They bought him a television, a laptop and two cellphones, food and clothing — and a used SUV that was soon broken-down and idle.

    What he didn’t get, though, was any type of ownership over the money raised on his behalf. He met briefly with a financial adviser, but there was never any lawyer or any trust, according to Philadelphia CBS affiliate WTVR. D’Amico said he kept $200,000 — what remained after buying the camper and the SUV and other expenses — in a savings account that he would gladly turn over to Bobbitt once he kicked an addiction to opioids and managed to hold down a job.

    The Homeless Veteran now has a Lawyer-ish person involved…I assume at no charge because a Lawyer-ish person would not take money that was donated to a homeless veteran, would he?  It does seem a bit odd for the two do-gooders to be lollygagging around the country in a new BMW all of a sudden.

    I will tell you what I really find annoying, my ass began to itch the second I saw this story and the guy claimed to be a Homeless Veteran.  You all know what a trusting kinda guy I am…so I did a little research of my own.  Search as I may for any evidence he was actually in the military…I have come up with nuttin so far.   Our investigation is not complete yet, but since this story has already turned septic I thought what the hell.   I keep getting these kinda things in every database I have looked into so far.  They all say he has no service thus far, but I will hold our final judgment until we get the FOIA back from NPRC.

    I honestly wonder if reporters actually do any research on what they report these days.  What are the odds this turns into a case where a faux homeless guy who claims to be a veteran and is neither gets swindled by  a couple posing as do-gooders with a GoFundMe account and it all has to be straightened out by a shyster or two who will burn up most of what is left of the money answering phone calls and doing press interviews.    Let’s hope all these people turn out to be completely legit but it ain’t looking so good at the moment.

    I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP GIVING MONEY TO PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE VETERANS

    Link to full article

  • Sunday morning feel good stories

    Sunday morning feel good stories

    From Pensacola, FL

    A Milton man was killed early Saturday morning in what police believe may have been a self-defense homicide.  The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office responded to the shooting around 7:20 a.m. in the 5500 block of Sweet Memory Lane, where Milton man Jeffrey Troy Pernicka, 32, was pronounced dead and another adult male was taken in for questioning.

    SRSO said in a press release Saturday afternoon that after initial investigation it appears the man who shot Pernicka was acting in self-defense.

    Police believe there was a domestic altercation between two adult members of the same family that led to the firearm being used.  The male who fired the shots was taken to hospital with serious injuries, according to SRSO.

    From SAN ANTONIO, TX

    A business owner shot a homeless man during an altercation early Saturday morning on the city’s West Side, San Antonio police said.  The shooting occurred just before 6 a.m. in the 700 block of San Fernando Street.

    Police said the homeless person was sleeping outside of the business when the owners woke him up and asked him to leave.

    The owners then got into a fight with the person. Police said at some point, one of the business owners pulled out a gun and shot the homeless person in the leg.

    The victim was taken to the hospital and the business owners were questioned by police. No charges had been filed as of Saturday morning.

  • James Jeenou Thao – Phony Soldier

    James Jeenou Thao – Phony Soldier

    Military Phony sends us their work on James Jeenou Thao, who also goes by Jee Nou Thao, and who claims to be a U.S. Army veteran of Afghanistan.

    James recently won a pageant and was crowned “Mr. Hmong Royalty.”  The title came with hours of community service and James was given $1500 in award money.

    Here is the video of the pageant’s Round Two, which was in English.  For any of you that understand Hmong, there are other rounds where he may have made other claims, but it was clear in the English version that he said he served for six years in the U.S. Army which included a tour in Afghanistan. (start at 3:05)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8DHWsj7Eg

    Someone reached out to him and he said he was with the 38th Engineer Company in Afghanistan in 2012.

    Well, the U.S. Army could find no record of Thao’s military service.

    I wonder how the veterans feel that he checked up on every 22nd of the month?

    I wonder how the contest administrators would feel about that $1500?

    I wonder how the poor chap would feel that came in second place?

    Thao should probably still do community service as part of his role as Mr. Hmong Royalty, but perhaps that service should be working directly with veterans.

    I can’t think of a better case to test and see if Wisconsin is serious about their newly minted Stolen Valor Law.

     

  • Alldred Sentenced


    The Associated Press reports that Derek Alldred, 47, the phony SEAL who had ripped off women across the country was sentenced in federal court Wednesday after he plead guilty in December to mail fraud and aggravated identity fraud.

    A Minnesota man who authorities say falsely presented himself as a U.S. Navy pilot and defense analyst has been sentenced in Texas to 24 years in prison for stealing from various women he met online.

    We talked about Allred herehere, herehere, and here.

    If there are any women (or possibly men if you swing that way) that are looking to give away their fortunes I, Dave Hardin, remain free and walk the street with my pockets turned inside out. Not begging – just planting a seed.

  • Retiring Marine Chesty XIV seems unimpressed by FNG

    Retiring Marine Chesty XIV seems unimpressed by FNG

    The beloved Marine mascot Chesty XIV retired at a ceremony held at the Marine Barracks Washington, D.C., on Friday after five years of service to Corps. His last parade ceremony with the storied Marine Barracks will be held Friday night for the evening parade.

    Chesty XIV, named after five-time Navy Cross recipient Marine Lt. Gen. Lewis “Chesty” Puller, began his tour with the Corps in February 2013.

    His replacement, Chesty XV, was announced late March. The young bulldog puppy recruit has since graduated from recruit training and will take the helm as the Corps’ new mascot on Saturday, according to the Marine Barracks Washington.

    That’s about the same look I had when I attended my last Dog and Pony show.  It looks like they might still be using the same Colonel and SgtMaj for these horror shows but I didn’t have a Corporal to follow me around and clean up my sh##.   Poor Chesty has no idea what awaits him in retirement.  Wait until Mrs Chesty starts complaining about him laying around licking his ****’s all day.  Semper Fidelis Chesty, you ain’t out of the sh## yet bro.  Good luck to the FNG.

    The whole story is HERE.

     

  • Army chaplain Squires cleared of all charges

    Army chaplain Squires cleared of all charges

    We wrote about Chaplain Squires in the past and now it appears he has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

    The U.S. Army announced today (Aug. 24) that the charges against Southern Baptist Chaplain (Maj.) Jerry Scott Squires, center, had been dropped. An Army investigator had recommended disciplinary action after Squires told a lesbian soldier that he could not perform a marriage retreat if she and her same-sex partner attended. In this photo, North American Mission Board (NAMB) president Kevin Ezell, left, and Douglas Carver, executive director of chaplaincy at NAMB, visit with Squires in June at the Southern Baptist Convention 2018 Annual Meeting in Dallas.

    It seems as though we might be making some progress in keeping certain types of Lawyer-ish People from peddling their nonsense.   An utter and complete failure on the part of Mikey Weinstein and his band of deluded Anti-Dominionist denigrates.  They posted their position on the matter a while back.

    It’s about time that the military started defending the 1st Amendment Rights of Servicemembers and making the likes of Mikey stand quietly at the back of the formation.

    “This is great news for both Chaplain Squires and all of the military chaplains who are serving our men and women the U.S. Armed Services,” said Gen. Douglas Carver, executive director of chaplaincy at the North American Mission Board (NAMB). “It is a significant victory for all who support and defend the freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, especially regarding the freedom of religion.”

    Squires had been charged with unlawful discrimination and dereliction of duty, and could have faced confinement in a military prison.

    Carver thanked Squires’ commanding general “for having the moral courage to make the correct but difficult decision regarding the investigation into Chaplain Squires.”

    We have been on the “Featured Stories” list over at the Babbling Bald Bilker’s site for a while now.  It’s always nice to be noticed. I have been encouraging people to stay away from his click bait so I will just post some screen caps.

    It seems I have become an Anti-Semitic Detractor.  Sad, I was hoping they would at least try.  This is like jousting with an unarmed man.  Mikey is Anti-Detractorish…that bastard.

    We provide those screenshots for the purpose of Education and Commentary.  We would like to thank the amicus curiae amongst our followers that stepped up to defend the 1st Amendment rights of those who felt they were being victimized by the MRFF.  Semper Fidelis and may the God of your own understanding bring you joy…best regards from your friendly Atheist.