Author: Dave Hardin

  • Army’s Ranger School set to graduate first enlisted woman.

    Army’s Ranger School set to graduate first enlisted woman.

    U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Amanda F. Kelly will graduate from the Army’s Ranger School on August 31, 2018. Kelly is the first enlisted woman to graduate from the grueling leadership school.

    Staff Sergeant Amanda F. Kelly, 29, from Easley, South Carolina will receive her Ranger tab in a graduation ceremony at the Hurley Hill Training Area at Fort Benning, the U.S. Army base located on the Alabama-Georgia border next to Columbus.

    Faye, an electronic warfare technician by trade, is currently assigned to the 1st Armored Division, Combat Aviation Brigade out of Fort Bliss, located in both New Mexico and Texas. Prior to undergoing the grueling 62-day training curriculum at Ranger school, Faye previously served in South Korea for two years before later deploying to Iraq for nine months. She returned to the U.S. back in March.

    To date, 12 women have successfully graduated from the course—Army Captain Kristen Griest and 1st Lieutenant Shaye Haver, 25, became the first women to graduate from school back in 2015 before the school was opened to women on a full time basis, according to The Washington Post.

    Congratulations to Staff Sergeant Kelly.  She earned the TAB, she should wear it with pride.

  • “Faggot” gets Lt. Col. Marcus J. Mainz fired.

    “Faggot” gets Lt. Col. Marcus J. Mainz fired.

    U.S. Marine Corps Lt. Col. Marcus Mainz (left), commanding officer, Battalion Landing Team, 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment (BLT 2/6), 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), walks with Col. Farrell J. Sullivan (right), commanding officer, 26th MEU, after landing in Jordan to observe training during exercise Eager Lion, April 19. (Gunnery Sgt. Eric L. Alabiso II/Marine Corps)

    Come on Jimbo, show us some of that Warrior Monk stuff and fix this nonsense.  Military Times reports

    An infantry battalion commander sacked in the middle of a deployment with the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, or MEU, was at least partially fired for allegedly using a term that could be disparaging to members of the LGBTQ community, Marine Corps Times has learned.

    Following a vandalism incident during a port call visit by the San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock New York in Gaeta, Italy, Lt. Col. Marcus J. Mainz, the commander of 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, allegedly used the term “faggot” or “faggoty” during a meeting with the 2/6 Battalion Landing Team leaders, multiple sources have told Marine Corps Times.

    Corps officials have said Lt. Col. Marcus J. Mainz was fired May 19 over a loss of trust and confidence in his ability to lead.

    Several Marines were charged with and punished for underage drinking while on liberty during a port visit in Italy. One of those Marines was also charged with vandalizing a construction site.

    People, we all need to keep our heads until this peace craze passes.  If so-called “Leaders” turned in a BLT Commander for such nonsense the Corps needs to man the Phuck Up.  What the hell is going on in My Marine Corps?  Real Marines have been using disparaging terms for everyone forever.  Why should the LGBTQ people get special treatment?  I was always under the impression we were all equally worthless.  Is Dickweed still kosher…or is the Jew-ish thing a no go too?  I don’t understand, can somebody please help me?

  • Chelsea Manning … Bloke or Sheila?  We may never know.

    Chelsea Manning … Bloke or Sheila? We may never know.

    The “Broad Born as Bradley” seems to be having a bit of difficulty going down under.

    Chelsea Manning won’t be permitted to enter Australia for a speaking tour scheduled to kick off at the Sydney Opera House on Sunday after that country’s Department of Home Affairs deemed the American classified document leaker failed to meet character requirements. While the Australian government won’t address Manning’s case specifically, per the AP, a person having a criminal record could cause them to fail the character test. Manning, a former US Army intelligence officer, was convicted of leaking classified documents to WikiLeaks and served seven years in prison. Manning also has speaking dates scheduled in New Zealand. That country’s government is still considering whether to grant her a “special direction” visa, which she would need due to her conviction. In a statement, Amnesty International says Australia’s decision sends a “chilling message that freedom of speech is not valued.”

    Bradley might not have what it takes to blow my skirt up, but it seems a bit much to deny what’s its name into a Westernized country.  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander as they say.  Bar silly girls like Bradly and they can bar people like me for not fearing a God.  They will use the criminal aspect of what this idiot has done in the past, but I betcha there are people who have done far worse that have been let into the country.

    Isn’t the whole damn country populated by the malaize of genetic stew from a bloody lot of criminals?  Who is next, Candace Owens because she is too white? The “Broad Born as Bradley” will do about anything for a headline, he does not need to be encouraged.  I have been rather proud of the fact that some thought I failed to meet character requirements…I ain’t the only low life around here either…you know who you are.   Give a girl a chance… to stay in another country. 

     

     

  • Friday morning feel good stories.

    From Corinth, MS

    A 2fer deal.  One DRT and the other DVS

    (AP) —

    His fatal shooting of another man was ruled self-defense, but Mississippi police say the man was living in the country illegally and will be reported to immigration authorities.

    Corinth Police Chief Ralph Dance said Montejo Torres fatally shot Juan Guzman in self-defense Sunday and no charges will be filed against Torres.

    (deported very soon)

     

    From Vicksburg, MS

    A Vicksburg man accused of discharging his handgun inside the city limits said he was acting in self-defense when he fired his weapon into the ground at his home.

    Louis Fumbanks was arrested by police Aug. 18. His attorney David Sessums said Fumbanks is expected to appear in Municipal Court Thursday, adding he intends to request a trial on the charge. If convicted, Fumbanks would receive a mandatory fine and sentence of $500 and 30 days in jail.  Fumbanks was charged under an amended city ordinance passed in March by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen setting a mandatory $500 fine and 30 days in jail for people arrested for discharging a firearm inside the city limits.

    One of the exceptions under the law is firing a weapon in self-defense.

    The events leading to his arrest began about 8:40 p.m. Aug. 18, Fumbanks said. “My wife and I were sitting at home when my wife got a call from our neighbor, saying their house was being broken into,” he said. “I proceeded to the bedroom and got my pistol and I went to check on them.” Fumbanks said the neighbors gave him a description of the would-be burglar as a tall, bald-headed man wearing a white shirt and dark pants. He got his gun and walked to the front of his house, Fumbanks said, and as he was heading to the neighbor’s house, he saw the man the neighbors described.

    “He was in their front yard coming toward my front yard at a high rate of speed,” Fumbanks said. “He was cussing, waving his arms, coming right to me; he was in my yard. I gave a warning shot; I shot into the ground and he stopped. He walked into the street and headed toward the end of the street, and a little bit later, the police showed up and caught him.”

    Dead men tell no lies

     

    From WINTER HAVEN, FL

    An Uber driver in Florida claimed self-defense after he fatally shot a man who trailed his car and tried run him off the road, authorities said Wednesday.  The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death early Tuesday of 34-year-old Jason Boek of Winter Haven, Florida.

    “This is a classic stand-your-ground case,” said Sheriff Grady Judd, speaking at a news conference.

    The sheriff’s office said an enraged Boek, believing his estranged girlfriend was the Uber’s passenger, aggressively trailed the car of 38-year-old driver Robert Westlake.  A dash camera video posted to YouTube by the sheriff shows Boek driving erratically and attempting to run Westlake off a central Florida road.  Once both vehicles were stopped, Boek got out of a large pickup truck and threatened to shoot the driver, according to the sheriff. Unknown to Boek, the Uber driver was a concealed-weapon permit holder and a recent police academy graduate.

    The sheriff said Westlake fired one shot, striking Boek. The Uber driver then called authorities and attempted to revive Boek.  Authorities said Westlake has cooperated with police. Westlake did not know Boek, nor did the passenger. According to authorities, the passenger who had been drinking was escorted into the Uber by Boek’s on-and-off-again girlfriend.

    Boek apparently mistakenly believed his estranged girlfriend was in the vehicle, Judd said. Boek threatened to assault both the passenger and the driver, according to text messages released by police.  Boek had an extensive criminal history, according to a news release issued by the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. He was on probation until June of 2021 for a 2016 felony battery charge. Police found a glass pipe containing methamphetamine residue inside the truck driven by Boek before the shooting.

    “At the end of the day, the message is clear,” said Judd. “Don’t mess with the Uber driver.”

     

  • Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer Russell Smith is NOT a Navy SEAL

    Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer Russell Smith is NOT a Navy SEAL

    The Navy has named their new senior enlisted man, Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer Russell Smith.  There are many reports about his career and military experience.  Almost all of them make some reference to him being with SEAL Team 4.

    military.com  – He was a weapons technician for three years before converting to be an intelligence specialist in 1993. From there, Smith served with Navy SEALTeam 4 and with the U.S. defense attaché office in Russia

     

    stripes.com – He joined the Navy in 1988 and began his career as an airman, later becoming a weapons technician and an intelligence specialist. His sea duty assignments have included SEAL Team 4 and the aircraft carriers USS Enterprise, USS Carl Vinson and USS Abraham Lincoln.

     

    navytimes.com – That career choice put Smith to work with SEAL commandos and duty at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, but he returned to sea aboard the carrier Carl Vinson and did another tour on the Lincoln, too.

    I think you get the picture now.  He is without a doubt a very accomplished Sailor.  I can find nothing anywhere that quotes him saying or insinuating that he was a SEAL.  Not one picture have I seen with him wearing a Trident.  The man has served honorably and with distinction.  Serving with many land-based duty assignments are considered “Sea Duty” by the Navy.   I am guessing that he was an Intel guy with the Support folks assigned to Team 4.   They man a desk, think up intelligent stuff, complain if they have to stay after 5 and generally stay pretty dry most of the time.  Even little ole me manned a desk part my career.  I cried when they took it away.  Drawer Gunners kick…back.

    It seems if anyone has been near a real Navy SEAL its big news for some reason.  I put up with a couple of them every day, believe me…they are just as phucked up as the rest of us.  Anyway, cut my inbox and Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer Russell Smith some slack, I am sure we both have better things to do.

     

     

     

     

     

     

  • Unexploded mine floating near Naval Base.

    Unexploded mine floating near Naval Base.

    A U.S. Coast Guard boat keeps watch over a “reported unexploded ordnance” drifting in the water between Brownsville Marina and Bainbridge Island, off Brownsville, Wash., Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2018. Brownsville is located a few miles south of Naval Base Kitsap – Keyport’s torpedo testing range. (Meegan M. Reid/Kitsap Sun via AP)

    BROWNSVILLE, Wash. — The Coast Guard and Navy bomb technicians have detonated what they said appeared to be an unidentified mine floating in Puget Sound between Brownsville Marina and Bainbridge Island.

    The Kitsap Sun reports a Coast Guard spokeswoman said the object was reported at about 2 p.m. Tuesday.

    Authorities had asked residents along the waterfront to stay inside and away from beaches as a precaution.

    Photos submitted by Kitsap Sun readers showed a round, rusted object with rods protruding from it.

    Brownsville is a few miles south of Naval Base Kitsap — Keyport’s torpedo testing range.

    I keep telling people them JAPS are out to get us.  Between their underwater mines and radioactive plastic waste, it’s no wonder the left coast is slipping off the coast.

  • Thursday morning feel good stories.

    From CHATTANOOGA, TN

    If this does not give you a warm fuzzy feeling in the morning…nothing will.

    Police in Chattanooga, Tennessee say an officer unintentionally fired his department-issued firearm three times, hitting a person who had just committed suicide.

    According to the CPD release, the officer then accidentally fired three rounds, hitting a chair twice and the leg of the person.

    Hehehehehehehe,  “All Clear”.  Accidents happen.  I wonder how many  the “person” put into their own head, I figure they got off 10-12 rounds.

    From FORT BEND COUNTY, Texas

    Feeling threatened, and trying to protect his family, deputies say a homeowner was forced to shoot someone trying to break into his house.  Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office says it happened around 4 a.m. Wednesday, on Emerald Street, just north of Highway 6 in Fresno.  What started as a peaceful night, turned chaotic when deputies say the suspect kicked down the homeowner’s front door.

    He along with his wife and two young children were fast asleep when the scary commotion woke them up.  Deputies say the homeowner then reached for his gun and gave a fair warning to his intruder.  “The homeowner yelled, get out of my house! Stop please, he pleaded with him, please get out of my house, and he kept coming,” said Lt. Michael Fischer with the Sheriff’s Office.  Authorities say the homeowner shot the suspect twice, once in the arm and once in the leg. His family hid in the master bedroom during the home invasion.

    When deputies arrived on scene, they found the intruder on the ground.  “He was screaming, they’re after me, they’re after me, no one was after him,” said Fischer.

    They suspect he may have mental health issues as well.

    From Jefferson County , AL

    DNA from a mask worn in a deadly home invasion almost one year ago in northern Jefferson County has finally put the alleged intruder behind bars.

    Jason Dale Boatwright, a 40-year-old Bessemer man, is charged with murder, second-degree assault, burglary and robbery. One of Boatwright’s friends – Stephen Douglas Crump – was killed when authorities say he and Boatwright broke into a home in Mulga’s Bayview community. Another friend, Horace D. Stokes, was also charged with murder as the reported getaway driver.

    The homeowner was hit in the head with a handgun. During the struggle, a shot was fired. One of the suspects – the 38-year-old Crump – was hit by the bullet and dropped to floor. The other suspect – Boatwright – was wearing a mask that came off during the struggle. He fled the scene.  Crump was pronounced dead inside the home. The homeowner was taken to the hospital for treatment of a cut to the head.

    On Aug. 15, 2018, sheriff’s detectives received information from ADFS indicating that a DNA match had been obtained and identified Boatwright as the second suspect. Boatwright had previous felony convictions – including robbery and cocaine possession – and had just been released from an Alabama prison in February 2017, only seven months before the ill-fated home invasion. Because of his previous crimes, his DNA was already in the CODIS database.

  • The Last Reunion for Merrill’s Marauders

    The Last Reunion for Merrill’s Marauders

    Military Times reports:

    It’s the last reunion for members of the famed U.S. Army jungle fighters called Merrill’s Marauders. Three thousand volunteered for a dangerous secret mission during World War II — a mission so secret they weren’t told even where they were going.

    They hacked their way through nearly 1,000 miles (1600 kilometers) of jungle behind enemy lines in Myanmar, then called Burma, fighting in five major and 30 minor actions against veteran Japanese troops.

    “This is the last of the outfit,” said David Allen of Rock Hill, South Carolina.

    The unit won a Presidential Unit Citation, six Distinguished Service Crosses, four Legions of Merit, 44 Silver Stars and a Bronze Star for every man in the regiment. Their shoulder patch was adopted by the 1st Battalion of the 75th Infantry Ranger Regiment. And their families are pushing a pair of bills to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Merrill’s Marauders.

    A war correspondent created the nickname, after Brig. Gen. Frank Merrill, because the formal name was a mouthful, according to the 2013 history “Merrill’s Marauders: The Untold Story of Unit Galahad and the Toughest Special Forces Mission of World War II.”

    If you find time, read the whole article HERE. 

    There are several good documentaries about them.

    /