Author: Dave Hardin

  • Thursday morning feel good stories.

    Thursday morning feel good stories.

    From Knoxville, TN

    Knox County Sheriff’s deputies have arrested a suspect in connection with an attempted robbery that led to one of the two suspects getting shot below the belt.  Deputies found the suspect, Devin Dewane Smith, 21, who was wanted on two aggravated assault warrants, at Holston Oaks Apartments and arrested him without incident. The assault charges were related to the August 24 robbery, in which two individuals ambushed a female who was exiting her home, demanding money and drugs.

    A neighbor who heard the commotion grabbed his gun and yelled at the suspects to stop. The suspect shot the neighbor in the chest, and the neighbor shot one of the suspects in the testicle, according to officers.

    The suspects fled the scene and the victim was transported to UT Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

    Sometime later, the injured suspect was dropped off at UT by an unknown person. The victim was able to identify the suspect as the person who had assaulted the female and who had shot him.

    From Omaha, NE

     Police are investigating an incident in which a man said he fired a shotgun at intruders on his property in the 8700 block of M Circle Tuesday morning.

    It happened shortly after 11 a.m.

    The man said he saw two people coming over the fence in his yard and he fired a shotgun.

    Police found a spent shell in the backyard but they found no sign of intruders or anyone injured. There was no blood found on the property.

    Police are trying to sort out what happened.

    From Ft. Smith, AR 

    Krissy Noble, 21, shot and killed Dylan Stancoff using her husband’s gun on December 7 after he broke into her Fort Smith, Ark., home and attacked her, according to ABC News. Stancoff had reportedly tackled Noble, covered her mouth with a hand that she said smelled of chemicals, and then started hitting her in the face. She was able to break free and shoot Stancoff three times before running to a neighbor’s house for help. Noble was eleven weeks pregnant at the time.

    According to the police report, Noble had “feared not only for her safety but for the safety of her baby, and felt that she had no other option in this situation.” Authorities at the Sebastian County Prosecutor’s Office later determined that the shooting was in fact justified — but Noble may be facing up to six years in prison over it anyway.

    See, in 2017, Noble had pleaded guilty to felony possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia. Apparently, in 2016, Noble had been riding in a car with some friends when they got pulled over. No one would claim the contraband that the police found in the car, so everyone who was in the vehicle got hit with the same charges. Noble received a five-year suspended sentence and was therefore not permitted to use or possess a firearm — making her potentially life-saving move in December a felony. She’s now being charged with felony gun-possession by a convicted felon, and for allegedly being in the possession of firearms between November 7 and December 7, according to prosecutor Daniel Shue. Shue also stated that a petition to revoke Noble’s suspended sentence has been filed.

    Noble turned herself in on Thursday and was released on a $2,500 bond. She told KHBS in Fort Smith that she’s very concerned about the impact that prison time would have on her newborn son.  “He’s not gonna know what happened to his mom,” Noble said.

  • FTC, states, target bogus veterans’ charities in new crackdown: ‘It’s war profiteering’

    Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette said that as part of the FTC’s “Operation Donate with Honor” he was investigating Foundation for American Veterans for deceptive solicitations and for “dubious withdrawals” by the group’s treasurer. (Google Archive)

    Generous Americans give more than $2.5 billion a year to some 40,000 charities with missions designed to help veterans.

    Lately, however, this crowded field has been inundated by fraud, according to the Federal Trade Commission.

    Welcome to the party…finally.  The use and abuse of veteran related charities has been going on for far too long.  Motorcycle clubs and even VFW posts have been busted for this asshattery.

    The FTC launched Operation Donate with Honor in July to spotlight the problem of fraudulent and deceptive fundraising on behalf of military and veterans’ causes.

    “It’s war profiteering,” Joshua Starks, commander of the 300,000-strong Oklahoma Veterans of Foreign Wars told Fox News. “They’re stealing from people who raised their hand and took an oath to serve our country and then went overseas to protect the rights of all of us–including the people who are stealing from them.”

    As part of Operation Donate with Honor, the FTC distributed a list of 102 law enforcement actions 34 states have lodged against bogus veterans’ charities. Some are recent. Others are newly filed. The FTC is a partner in two of the new cases.

    You can read the entire article HERE.

     

     

  • $400,000 missing from Veterans GoFundMe account

    The $400,000 raised through a GoFundMe account to support a homeless veteran in Philadelphia after he gave his last bit of money to help a stranded motorist is reportedly drained.

    A lawyer representing Johnny Bobbitt, whose story garnered national attention last year after he gave Kate McClure his last $20 to fill up her gas tank, told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Tuesday that news of the depleted account “came as a complete surprise.”

    Is anyone at TAH completely surprised?

    Chris Fallon, the lawyer, said he became aware of the financial standing of his client’s account after a conference call with attorneys for McClure and her boyfriend Mark D’Amico – the couple who started the GoFundMe account for Bobbitt after his kind gesture, promising him a home.

    Bobbitt’s attorneys requested that the couple remain in New Jersey, surrender their passports, post a bond and restrict access to their bank accounts after they failed to meet a court-ordered deadline to deliver any remaining money from the GoFundMe account, according to the paper.

    Last week, Superior Court Judge Paula T. Dow ordered the couple to wire the remaining funds to a trust for Bobbitt, and submit an accounting report of the donated money within 24 hours.

    Bobbitt has received roughly $75,000 dollars of the funds, which he used to purchase a camper and SUV – both of which he no longer has, the paper reported.

    A so called homeless veteran does not need $400,000.   He needs to walk his ass into the local VA office, unless he has a Dishonorable Discharge in which case he should stop calling himself a veteran.

  • Vetmade Industries – not passing the smell test.

    Vetmade Industries – not passing the smell test.

    All of these so call veteran charities have got to be looked into.  If there is a veteran out there that is homeless or unemployed, cart their ass to the local VA.  Companies who specailize in raising money for these people keep the vast majority of it for themselves.

    Does anyone have half a clue as to how many Adirondack Chairs we can make for $5 Million?   I get so sick and tired of people portraying Veterans as some kind of mentally and emotionally damaged individual that needs to be taught how to cut a stick and paint it green.  That is not a job skill, that is not training a veteran to do anything he could use to feed himself and or his family.

    This and many other so-called “Veteran Charities” need to be shut down.  People need to be held accountable and serve some real time in a prison.  The companies that are professional fundraisers by trade need to be shut down.

    This constant portrayal of Veterans as helpless do nothing losers who need to be spoon-fed needs to stop.

    I hope they follow through with this investigation, maybe we can help.  I am sure if we dig deep enough the stench will get bad enough for someone to clean up this mess.

    https://www.facebook.com/Vetmade.org/

    http://www.vetmade.org/

  • Wednesday morning feel good stories.

    Wednesday morning feel good stories.

    From San Diego, CA

    Police were investigating a shooting that left a man dead on a boat docked at a National City pier Tuesday.

    The shooting aboard the catarman  motor yacht “Seaweed,” docked at Pier 32 Marina located at 3201 Marina Way was reported around 4 a.m., according to National City police.

    Witnesses reported a boat owner got off of a large yacht and yelled for help, telling others that he had shot and killed an intruder. A man, a woman and a dog were in the boat when the suspected intruder boarded the vessel, according to the witness.

    The intruder, who was not immediately identified, was pronounced dead at the dock, police said.

    Police determined that the trespasser had released the mooring lines of the yacht and set it adrift. He then tried to start the engines before forcing his way into the cabin, National City police Sgt.Chris Cameron said.

    It was not immediately clear if the boat owner would face any charges in connection with the fatal shooting.

    From Houston, TX

    A man at a south Houston hotel shot a woman early Tuesday after she allegedly tried stealing his pick-up truck and ended up crashing into another vehicle.

    The two had just met and were headed to a hotel near Bellfort and the South Sam Houston Parkway. The man walked in to get a room around 4 a.m., then spotted the woman taking off in his truck, according to Lt. Larry Crowson of the Houston Police Department.

    The man had a pistol and fired several shots, striking the woman, Crowson said. Then, as she sped away on the service road, the wounded woman ran a red light and hit another driver going through the intersection.

  • Nike’s Colin Kaepernick doing what he does best, nuttin good.

    Nike hired Kaepernick to do some adds for them.  That must mean an advertising firm did a study that told them customers would respond by purchasing their product.  It implies that Kaepernick has some kind of courage and conviction that should be admired.

    People in the US are destroying their Nike clothes to protest the company’s new ad campaign starring Colin Kaepernick, the former NFL quarterback whose protests during the national anthem before games caught the ire of President Donald Trump.

    Kaepernick caused a stir when he sat on the bench while the anthem played before an NFL game in August 2016. Asked why he wasn’t standing, he said he was sitting in protest over police killings of unarmed black men. He went on to consistently kneel during the anthem, and while he went unsigned last season, a handful of other players had continued the practice.

    The new Nike campaign, released Monday night, showed an image of Kaepernick with the words “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”

    I guess time will tell if consumers have any long-term response to this.  I was a lifelong football fan, I have not watched a single game or attended one since he took a knee.  Supporting a false narrative of victimization while living with a silver spoon up your ass does not gain my favor.  Police are not killing unarmed Black Men in mass, the entire notion of it is hysterical hyperbole and has been debunked countless times.

    Its getting to the point that I can’t enjoy my white privilege anymore.

    He is an insult to shoe salesmen everywhere.

     

  • Sean Baldacchin, aka Sean Hilts was never in the Canadian Airborne Regiment

    Sean Baldacchin, aka Sean Hilts was never in the Canadian Airborne Regiment

    Our Brothers north of the border send us their case on Sean Baldacchin or Sean Hilts as he sometimes likes to be called.

    I was a member of the reserves from 1988 to 1990 as a Private in the Toronto Scottish Regiment holding qualifications of Infantryman, Machine gunner, and Basic Parachutist.  

    I then joined the regular armed forces serving with the 1st Battalion of the Royal Canadian Regiment (1990 until discharged) with whom I earned the qualification of Basic and Master sniper, Infantry Section Commander and the rank of Master Corporal.    

    During a portion of my service in the armed forces I was attached to 3 Commando of the Canadian Airborne Regiment.  

    My overseas duties did include such tours as Lahr, Germany, Kuwait, Bosnia, Cambodia, Rwanda, Somalia (primarily Mogadishu).  

    I did mention to individuals that during my military service I was presented the opportunity to apply for a position with CISIS but refused.  Although aspects of my military career and overseas duties have been deemed classified I have never been nor had I ever made the claim that I was an undercover sniper for the government.”

    Baldacchin says that he was from an old-school mafia family. He was enlisted into the Canadian Army by his mother, at 15 years of age, to escape a manslaughter conviction. 

    He claimed that were still contracts out on his life so, he had to constantly conduct counter-surveillance drills to stay ahead of the mob! 

    Additionally, (and most amazingly) he has stated:

    • While in Kuwait, his patrol was ambushed by an Iraqi guard but, he managed to escape during transport,
    • In Bosnia with the UN in 1992, he located and excavated a mass grave containing 1000 bodies,
    • Due to a bomb blast in Cambodia, he missed his wedding date and he was married to his partner via satellite by a chaplain on base,
    • His first wife was killed by a drunk driver while he was on exercise in Petawawa. Subsequently, his Chain of Command then forced him to go to Somalia a month later because of the emotional stress he was going through,
    • He served in Mogadishu, Somalia until April 1994 as a member of the Canadian Airborne Regiment. Amazingly, the CAR redeployed to Canada in the Spring of 1993,
    • Completed two tours in Rwanda 1994 and 1995. He witnessed the killing of male children & the assault and rape of mutilated women,
    • On the third tour in Cambodia, he saw his best friend being killed. 

    It turns out that nobody in the Canadian Airborne Regiment ever heard of this guy.  Its comforting to see they frown upon this kind of asshattery as much as we do.  Disgusting claims that he witnessed the killing of male children & the assault and rape of mutilated women just make my ass itch.  

     

     

     

     

     

  • Military veterans to fight gun violence.

    Military veterans to fight gun violence.

    I never felt that Marie Harf was one of the brighter crayons in the box.  Her opinion about most anything took a dive with me a few years ago.

    “We cannot win this war by killing them. We cannot kill our way out of this war,” Harf said at the time. Harf continued,” We can help them build their economies so they can have job opportunities for these people,”. The comment led to a top-ten hashtag on Twitter that day, #JobsforISIS.

    All I was asking was to Give War a Chance.  I thought the problem was having to ask permission to kill people on the battlefield.  I could not disagree with her more, we most certainly can kill our way out of these conflicts and we should.

    She is now reporting that Gabby Giffords Gun Group is going to use veterans to speak out about the gun problem in this country.

    The organization is launching an ad campaign to highlight an important constituency that is becoming increasingly vocal in the gun debate: prominent U.S. military leaders and veterans.

    The new ad features retired Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, who experienced war firsthand during his over 37 years in Army.

    In the first scene, Hertling opens a box on his desk containing 253 cards with the names and photos of soldiers under his command who were killed in combat. He ties the pain he felt on their deaths to the pain parents must feel losing a child to gun violence.

    It is immediately clear then that this is a new kind of gun safety advocate.

    I have no idea what is new about it.  I would say that most all veterans are against Thugs and Criminals using guns.   Here is one of the adds:

    I have no idea what kind of Action Plan this “Veteran” has in mind.  Seems like another “let’s talk about it some more” kinda plan.  It reeks of the same old “Grab the Guns” from law-abiding citizens plan to me.  Ok General Who Everyouare, let’s talk.

    “We’ve all seen the tragedy associated with gun violence up close and personal and we’ve all used weapons, we all own weapons, and we all believe in the Second Amendment, ”Hertling told me in an interview. He will also join “Benson & Harf” on Fox News Radio this Tuesday between 6 and 8 p.m. EDT.

    “But we also understand,” Hertling continued, “that we are plagued by this disease of gun violence, and we really need to do something about it.”

    This new ad campaign is worth paying attention to, especially for gun owners who might otherwise be hesitant to consider the message. It could be significant for the gun debate moving forward, because the ads rely on the words of nonpartisan military leaders who can’t be dismissed as “liberals who just don’t understand gun culture.”

    I would love the opportunity to “Talk” with one of Giffords Gullible Glee Club members.  I don’t have a box full of cards with KIA on them and if I did…I would have no idea how that is pertinent to gun violence in America.   I personally avoid pimping out my dead brothers for causes of any kind.

    Marie Harf has still not impressed me.