Category: Dumbass Bullshit

  • Airmen buy teen for $20

    Several people have sent us links to the story of Airman First Class Dalian Washington, 25, and Airman First Class Akeem Beazer, 21 who bought a runaway teenage girl for $20 and kept her in the barracks;

    Washington was charged with sex trafficking of a child and sexual abuse of a minor while Beazer was charged with sexual abuse of a minor.

    The girl told investigators that she ran away from home in September 2016 when she was 15, met with a man she knew and told him she needed a place to stay. The man offered to hook her up with a friend of his who was an airman but said she would have to have sex with him.

    Washington is accused of picking up the girl at the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles office here from a man he believed to be her pimp. He paid $20, according to the complaint.

    […]

    Washington reportedly took the girl to his dorm room on base, where she stayed off and on for several months and had unprotected sex with him several times.

    The airman is accused of enlisting Beazer to help look after the girl, according to the complaint. Then Beazer also began having sex with her.

    Both airmen brought the girl food from the dining hall, the complaint stated.

  • Phony spy at Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security

    Phony spy at Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security

    Chief Tango sends us a link to the Washington Post that details the antics of 72-year-old Mark W. Levin, a member of the staff at Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security — a school that offers graduate programs in intelligence and national security to about 40 students.

    The victims allege that Levin led them to believe he was an agent of an unnamed clandestine agency involved in counter-terrorism and intelligence gathering; that the young men were his “recruits”; and that they had to engage in naked, physical inspections with him at his apartment as part of jobs and career training — and keep silent about it.

    The men, who are given pseudonyms in the lawsuit, claim Levin subjected them to “quid pro quo sexual harassment,” which included “repeated, forced, invasive, deceptive, and humiliating touching and probing of their naked bodies and genitals.”

    I wonder what was their first clue.

    Last week, the school’s executive director, Linda Millis, a former official with the NSA, CIA and Office of the Director of National Intelligence, resigned over the school’s treatment of the victims.

    “I was surprised to learn that Mark Levin had been hired without sufficient due diligence and that no one really knew much about his background,” Millis told the Post.

    Joseph DeTrani, the school’s president, said he, too, is leaving at the end of the month, but that his departure has nothing to do with the sex abuse allegations. DeTrani said Levin was already working at the school when he arrived in January 2016.

    “Obviously, [Levin] conned these young men into believing he was something he was not,” DeTrani said in an interview. “That’s so tragic. We empathize with the students.”

    The school is about three years old and is presently seeking accreditation. Well, they were before these students filed a lawsuit against the school for these things that Levin did, but there are no criminal charges pending against Levin – only the lawsuit against the school.

  • Students do the work that the bloated school board can’t do

    Bobo sends us a link to the Washington Post story about a group of high school students who did a better job of checking the background of their principal than the local school board did;

    A group of reporters and editors from the student newspaper, the Booster Redux at Pittsburg High School in southeastern Kansas, had gathered to talk about Amy Robertson, who was hired as the high school’s head principal on March 6.

    The student journalists had begun researching Robertson, and quickly found some discrepancies in her education credentials. For one, when they researched Corllins University, the private university where Robertson said she got her master’s and doctorate degrees years ago, the website didn’t work. They found no evidence that it was an accredited university.

    So they interviewed the principal and she resigned the next day. The students’ advisor had to recuse herself from the investigation because she had been on the hiring committee which green lighted Robertson.

    When contacted by the Kansas City Star after the publication of the students’ article, Robertson said all three of her degrees “have been authenticated by the U.S. government.” She declined to comment directly on students’ questions about her credentials, “because their concerns are not based on facts,” she said.

    In an emergency faculty meeting Tuesday, the superintendent said Robertson was unable to produce a transcript confirming her undergraduate degree from the University of Tulsa, Smith said.

    I suspect that all of the students have been red-lined at Washington Post’s HR department. Can’t have people that properly do too much investigating on the Post’s staff.

  • Oh noes! Hasan threatens hunger strike

    Oh noes! Hasan threatens hunger strike

    Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood murderer awaiting the death penalty in Fort Leavenworth Disciplinary Barracks is threatening a hunger strike because of the United States’ disdain for Sharia Law, according to the Washington Times;

    A handwritten letter obtained by Fox News details plans to “reduce and then maintain a total body weight of 99 pounds [while protesting] America’s hatred for [Sharia] Laws.”

    Fox News reports that Hasan’s lawyer plans a lengthy appeals process;

    [John] Galligan maintains the trial was not fair. “If Major Hasan dies while the mandatory appellate process is pending, the findings and sentence will be set aside,” Galligan said. “Millions of dollars were wasted on this show trial but as I said repeatedly, he did not receive a fair trial at Fort Hood.”

    Yeah, it wasn’t fair – they should have walked him out behind the courtroom and shot his ass.

  • Senior Chief Clayton Pressley III sentenced

    Senior Chief Clayton Pressley III sentenced

    We talked about Senior Chief Clayton Pressley III a couple of times last year when he was arrested for identity theft – identities that he stole from his subordinates. He pleaded guilty in August to the charges. He was sentenced yesterday to fifty months in prison, according to a link sent to us by Mick.

    The Virginian-Pilot seems to think that Pressley is some sort of hero;

    Pressley served in the Navy almost 20 years, leaving in February.

    He received his Bronze Star in January 2007, according to a copy of the citation, “for exceptionally meritorious service during Operation Iraqi Freedom.”

    “His outstanding dedication to duty during combat operations in Iraq contributed to the overwhelming success of the command’s mission,” the citation said.

    He got a Bronze Star Medal for merit. That doesn’t make him a hero – even I have a BSM for merit.

    In an interview last year, Pressley said that while the citation references his entire tour of duty, he believed he got the medal for pulling comrades from a Stryker vehicle that had been hit by a bomb. He said he did it while under fire.

    […]

    Court documents said he served as a command action casualty officer, meaning he contacted military members’ families in the event of their death.

    Yeah, if he had done what he says he did, it would have been a BSM for Valor and the incident would have been detailed in the narrative, not some generic BS about contributing to the unit’s mission. You’d think that with their connections to the military community in Virginia, the Pilot would be able to figure that stuff out for themselves.

    As a Navy casualty officer, I doubt he ever saw a Stryker, a burning one or not burning.

  • Israeli teen behind threats to Jewish community

    The Associated Press reports that a 19-year-old Israeli was arrested for making about 150 bomb threats to various Jewish communities across the United States. Of course, before the arrest on Thursday, President Trump was blamed for encouraging the threats;

    Previously, Jonathan Greenblatt, chief executive of the Anti-Defamation League, which fights anti-Semitism and monitors extremism, had partly blamed Trump for creating an atmosphere that fueled the bomb threats and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, among other recent harassment. “His well-documented reluctance to address rising anti-Semitism helped to create an environment in which extremists felt emboldened,” Greenblatt wrote last month.

    On Feb. 28, in a meeting with state attorneys general, Trump had suggested the phoned-in bomb threats may have been designed to make “others look bad,” according to Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro. The remark raised concerns that Trump was downplaying bigotry.

    So you’d think that these groups would take a step back from their accusations, but, no, that doesn’t put money in the coffers;

    Steven Goldstein, executive director of the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, a civil rights and social justice group based in New York, said the arrest in Israel doesn’t change Trump’s record of being slow and insufficiently forceful in condemning anti-Jewish prejudice and bigotry in general. The center had repeatedly pointed to the bomb threats as evidence of “a national emergency of anti-Semitism” and accused Trump of failing to recognize the “real evidence” behind the problem.

    “Nobody has said that Donald Trump himself has spray-painted swastikas or tipped over gravestones or that he picked up the phone and made bomb threats,” Goldstein said. “What we were condemning was the silence. Organizations had to shame Donald Trump into responding.”

    Yeah, some kid in Israel was just waiting for the US President condemn his bomb threats before he’d stop. Makes perfect sense.

  • Kelly Lynn Knotts convicted

    Kelly Lynn Knotts convicted

    Frankie sends us a link to the story of Kelly Lynn Knotts who is looking at 230 years in jail for exploiting a World War II veteran who was in her care;

    Knotts was arrested on the charges in October 2015 after a lengthy investigation conducted by the State Attorney’s Office and the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office. The elderly victim is a disabled World War II veteran, with whom Knotts stood in a position of trust and confidence as his bookkeeper and caregiver.

    Knotts exploited the elderly victim over a two-year period by committing multiple thefts. The amount stolen exceeded $300,000.

  • Robert Harris; Vietnam vet robbed in death

    Robert Harris; Vietnam vet robbed in death

    Robert Harris was a Vietnam veteran who was living with the Sorohan family in Wainwright, Ohio until a few months ago when apparently he passed on to the next life. The Sorohan family decided that they wouldn’t tell Social Security and Veterans’ Affairs about Harris’ passing so they could continue to get his benefits, according to the Times Reporter;

    On Tuesday, Harris’ decomposing body was discovered inside the home, lying among trash. According to Tuscarawas County Sheriff Orvis Campbell, his office received information about a week ago that Harris was staying at the home. People who knew Harris had become concerned after not seeing him for a long time. Authorities learned the Sorohan family spread the story that Harris had moved to the Stark County area and that he allowed them to use his Social Security benefits.

    Harris is estimated to have been dead for several months, which is about the same amount of time he has been considered missing, Campbell said.

    “They had to walk by him every day, multiple times a day,” said next-door neighbor Jill France. “I can’t understand that.”

    Brian D. Sorohan and Stacy L. Sorohan and their daughter, Brianna D. Sorohan were arrested on Wednesday for gross abuse of a corpse and theft of a credit card, both fifth-degree felonies; and failure to report a knowledge of death, a fourth-degree misdemeanor.g