Category: Crime

  • Donald Harvey, Angel of Death dead

    Donald Harvey, Angel of Death dead

    Donald Harvey claims to have killed 37 people while working as a nurse’s aide in Ohio and Kentucky before he was arrested in 1987. Later he claimed that he killed 18 others in the Cincinnati VA hospital. He was sentenced to 28 life sentences as a result of a plea deal to avoid the death penalty. Well, according to the Associated Press, there was one death penalty he couldn’t avoid;

    Donald Harvey, who was serving multiple life sentences, was found beaten in his cell Tuesday afternoon at the state’s prison in Toledo, state officials said.

    He died Thursday morning, said JoEllen Smith, spokeswoman for Ohio’s prison system. He was 64.

    While details about the attack weren’t released, he was beaten when an unnamed person went into his cell, a patrol report said.

    Harvey was able to hide his crimes for 17 years until an alert doctor detected the smell of cyanide on one of Harvey’s victims. According to Wiki;

    Harvey used many methods to kill his victims, such as arsenic; cyanide; insulin; suffocation; miscellaneous poisons; morphine; turning off ventilators; administration of fluid tainted with hepatitis B and/or HIV (which resulted in a hepatitis infection, but no HIV infection, and illness rather than death); insertion of a coat hanger into a catheter, causing an abdominal puncture and subsequent peritonitis. Cyanide and arsenic were his most used methods, with Harvey administering them via food, injection, or IV.

    I’ll bet in the last moments of his life, the government’s death penalty was looking pretty good to him.

  • Pizza joint robbery foiled

    Chooee sends us a link to a weird article about a pizza joint stick up in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina where the thief pulled a weapon magazine (sans weapon) on an employee and demanded all of the money.

    The victim then slapped the magazine out of the suspect’s hands.

    The suspect grabbed two rounds that fell out of the magazine, turned around, and walked out the door, the report states.

    The article doesn’t say what type of magazine was used in the robbery, but they have a picture of an AR magazine – the most dangerous of all “high capacity” magazines, I hear from the gun-grabbers. The employee was lucky that the magazine didn’t jump up off the floor and injure or kill him.

  • Anthony Gambino Pleads Guilty to Stolen Valor Charge

    Anthony Gambino Pleads Guilty to Stolen Valor Charge

    Jonn sends us a reminder why we do not take cases down.    Jonn last posted about this clown HERE.  Gambino had started a “Security” company and liked to make videos and publish pictures of himself with lots of scary black guns.

    That is a particularly stupid thing to do when you are a convicted felon and still wanted on other charges.

    Gambino — formerly known as Anthony Lee Martinez — was charged on May 12 in federal court on the firearms charge and with violating the Stolen Valor Act of 2013 by falsely claiming a decoration or medal to obtain money, property or other tangible benefits, according to the criminal complaint.

    When Jonn originally posted about Gambino last year, he showed up in the comment section of that post running his mouth.  Some guy that posts around here regularly told him to piss off.

    He did manage to followup with this letter:

    This is a letter to inform you that I will be obtaining your information and sueing for Libel. We have already took pictures of your artical ,comments, etc. One must reseach things before printing damaging and false information. KRQE is in the same situation. Gambino Security Corporation was not a fraud and media cost millions of damage. Thank you for your time and i hope in your future your organization is more careful as libel is a crime. Sincerely, Anthony Gambino

    Gambino’s lawyer babbled on about this all being some kind of misunderstanding.  He claimed that all of this was a result of the Governments right hand not talking to its left hand.  We had no idea what that meant then and still don’t now.  What we did know was that Gambino got thrown out of the Marine Corps because of a fraudulent enlistment and he had made claims of military awards that he was using to promote himself and his business.

    An article published yesterday by the Daily Times reports that Gambino pleaded guilty to charges of violating the Stolen Valor Act.  I guess he figured the long arm of justice would prevail.  Just a friendly reminder to all the Sock Puppets, Raving Loons and Babbling Barristers why we do not take down cases.

    There is another great article concerning Gambino and his antics over at The Burn Pit.  A well written celebration of  our Bambino being held accountable.  It is also evidence that not everyone who studies jurisprudence becomes a Babbling Barrister.

  • Thursday Morning Feel Good Stories

    I see that the Platoon Sergeant has been busy ferreting out the whats, whys, wants and warrants on one of the better-known rascals in the AO of This Ain’t Hell, so the following is the regular Morning Feel Good stuff, courtesy of one Dave Hardin. (There can be Only One!)  Enjoy it, and if you have a story of your own that you would like to share, please feel free to post it here so that others may enjoy it, too.

    A man was charged with aggravated robbery in Columbus OH.  The suspect became especially aggravating to the off duty Police Sergeant who happened to be home at the time.   Seeing the intruder coming through the window, the officer executed his FPF.   The intruder was identified a short distance away as the man who was screaming, “I’ve been shot”.

    The next case comes from afar but deserves some recognition.  First of all, I love the URL name of this story.  Second, the title leaves us wondering how many times the suspect was killed.  Last but not least, you have to admire a man that uses a shotgun as a sniper rifle to save his daughter.  Even the Hans guy from that Christmas movie would be proud.

    Southern justice is not known to be verbose.  In Hartsville SC, somebody shot one of several intruders.  As  Buford Pusser was known to say, “Well… I told ya to stop.”  If y’all head to the Deep South, I’ma suggestin’ that  ya mind those words when ya hear ’em.

    Thank you for your support.  And if you have stories of your own, as I said, please feel free to post them.

     

  • Wednesday Morning Feel Good Stories

     

    Here are a couple of Feel Good stories to start the day. Thanks to Dave Hardin for sending them.  And remember, crime does not pay.

    It seems Houston, TX has had an outbreak of people wanting to shop for Guns during the wee hours of the night.  Evidently, a few employees of one Gun Shop decided to hang around the FEBA.  Whad’Ya Know, they nabbed a couple of bandits trying to break in, the rest of their compadres  amscrayed most riki-tik.  There was no evidence at the scene that the would be robbers had completed the proper paperwork required to purchase a firearm.

    A home owner in Slidell, LA heard noises outside his home.  He observed a man beating on his vehicle and screaming.  It appears when the homeowner asked the crazed trespasser to leave his property, the soon to be DRT loon decided to charge at him.  I guess merely showing someone who is chemically removed from reality a gun doesn’t always stop them.  A proper site picture almost always does.   

     

     

  • Tuesday’s Feel Good Stories

    The following were kindly supplied by the irascible Dave Hardin.  I hope the linkie thingies work like they’re supposed to.

    OH: Craigslist to Attempted Robbery to Gunfight to Hospital

    Ronald Henderson, 18, went to a Brushmore Avenue Northwest home in Plain Township on Thursday afternoon to purchase a cellphone from a 57-year-old man who lived there.
    Deputies reported that the two quarreled, Henderson grew agitated, assaulted the man and attempted to rob him at gunpoint.
    The homeowner responded by drawing his own gun and shooting Henderson. The home­owner suffered wounds that were not life-threatening, authorities said.
    More Here

    AZ: Man Shoots Tresspasser who Attacked Him

    Police said witnesses saw a fight involving three men before hearing a shot that was fired.
    In their investigation, police learned the person who was shot, a man, had been asked to leave the property by the homeowner. The homeowner was then assaulted by the individual, and during the assault the homeowner opened fire.
    More Here

    NY: Gun Beats Ice Pick in New York Taxi

    Gates, N.Y. (WHAM) – A Rochester taxi driver says he was forced to pull a gun to protect him from a passenger who tried to attack him with an ice pick.
    “I believe she would have killed me had if i had been close enough to her,” said Collin Green, the man who drove the taxi.
    More Here

     

     

  • Ronald A. Gray closer to execution

    Ronald A. Gray closer to execution

    Ronald A. Gray

    In 1988, Ronald A. Gray was sentenced to death by the Army for two murders and three rapes while he was a specialist and worked as a cook at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. In a civilian court, he pleaded guilty to two other murders and five other rapes. He was sentenced to eight life terms in that court. A stay was placed on his scheduled execution because he claimed that his lawyer in the initial trial was ineffectual.

    U.S. District Judge J. Thomas Marten last week sided with the U.S. government in denying a bid by former Fort Bragg, North Carolina, soldier Ronald A. Gray to block the military from pressing ahead with the execution by lethal injection.

    […]

    No known execution date has been set for Gray as of Tuesday. Though Gray’s attorneys have said in recent court filings that they plan to ask military courts to intervene, that status of those appeals was unclear Tuesday.

    Gray would be the first prisoner executed by the Army since they executed John A. Bennett who was convicted and hanged in 1961 for the rape and attempted murder of an 11-year-old Austrian girl.

    There are six others on the Army’s death row, including Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood terrorist and Hasan Akbar who murdered two of his officers during the advance on Baghdad in 2003.

  • Two charged with murder of soldier in Miami

    Two charged with murder of soldier in Miami

    Duerte

    Bobo sends a link with the story of Fernando Duarte, a twelve-year Army veteran who was murdered at a Miami, Florida casino by 25-year-old Kenin Bailey and 25-year-old Mikey Lenard after an altercation at the poker tables.

    Detectives said Duarte and his friend were asked to leave. When the men crossed paths again outside the parking lot, they again exchanged words. When the men got into their cars, police said the suspects actively sought out Duarte alone in his car.

    According to a police report, Bailey allegedly shot Durate while driving past him, hitting the victim once in the shoulder, pelvis and hand. His friend ran to him to try to help out.

    Detectives say Bailey then walked up to a security guard and told him he shot Duarte in self defense. Detectives say the Army veteran was unarmed.

    Bailey and Lenard have been charged with the soldier’s murder.

    It’s a jungle out there.