Category: Crime

  • Ex-Marine Clark Calloway arrested for intent to attack DC police station

    Ex-Marine Clark Calloway arrested for intent to attack DC police station

    Chief Tango sends us a link to the story of Clark Calloway who probably qualifies as an ex-Marine since he intended to start a race war in United States by assaulting a police station in Washington, DC according to WTOP;

    Calloway sympathized with the Islamic State group but also made racist statements about white people and suggested that black people should shoot back at police in posts he made to his various Facebook accounts and statements he made to informants, the charging documents said.

    He paid an FBI informant $250 for an AK-47 — a weapon that was provided by the FBI and had been disabled before Calloway picked it up at an apartment in Northeast on Wednesday, when he was also arrested.

    He says that it was all just “trash talk”. He served as a Marine for four years, but then after he got out, he was jailed for stabbing someone. So when he bought the rifle from an FBI informant in Northeast DC, he was charged with being felon in possession of a firearm, but the FBI says that the gun had been rendered useless.

  • Rape charges dropped in Montgomery County illegal alien case

    Rape charges dropped in Montgomery County illegal alien case

    You probably remember the story of the pair of illegal immigrants in sanctuary Montgomery County who were accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in the bathroom of a high school. Well, the rape charges have been dropped by the prosecutor’s office, according to CNN;

    But on Friday, prosecutors dropped the rape and sexual offense charges against both students, citing the “lack of corroboration and substantial inconsistencies from the facts.”

    “After a painstaking investigation and review of these matters, we have concluded that the facts of this case do not support the charges originally filed,” Montgomery County state attorney John McCarthy said in a statement.

    Instead, Sanchez-Milian has been charged with possession of child pornography, prosecutors said. Montano will be charged in juvenile court with two counts each of possession and distribution of child pornography for allegedly forwarding videos and images of the 14-year-old girl, his defense attorney Maria Mena said.

    I’m no lawyer, but it seems to me that if there are pictures of the underage girl in the possession of an 18-year-old that would indicate more malfeasance than just possession of the said pictures. But this is the same prosecutor’s office that traded away charges of assaulting a police officer in a certain case of another of our “friends” famously from Montgomery County.

    Sanchez-Milian allegedly received sexually explicit images from the 17-year-old student also charged in the case.
    Possession of child pornography is a deportable offense, [Sanchez-Milian’s attorney Andrew] Jezic said, and ICE would likely move forward to deport his client if he is found guilty.

    Jezic said the charge was a “criminalization of adolescence,” and added that sexting was “an incredibly common phenomenon in high schools in America.”

    Yeah, well, an 18-year-old in a high school environment isn’t really an adolescent is he?

  • Frein sentenced to death

    Frein sentenced to death

    We talked the other day about how Eric Frein’s father tried to excuse his son’s murder of one Pennsylvania State Trooper and the injury of another in a sniper attack almost three years ago. Dear old dad claimed that it was his own stories of stolen valor that drove his Cold War reenactor son to shoot the two officers. I guess the jury didn’t buy it, because they sentenced the murderer to death after five hours of deliberation, according to Reuters;

    In closing arguments in the trial’s death penalty phase on Wednesday, Ray Tonkin, the Pike County district attorney, repeatedly referred to Frein as “that murderer over there” and said the defendant methodically planned the ambush.

    Tonkin also played a recorded jailhouse telephone conversation in which Frein can be heard telling his mother how he wanted to sell his story to the media. Frein can be heard repeatedly laughing on the recording.

    Michael Weinstein, the lead defense lawyer, said Frein was the victim of a dysfunctional family who was influenced by anti-police views held by his father, a retired Army major.

    Frein said that he wanted to start a revolution with his attack on police. I think a firing squad would be an appropriate method to complete his sentence.

    Thanks to Ex-PH2 for the link.

  • CIA hunts for traitor

    According to CBS News, the CIA and the FBI are conducting a joint manhunt for a traitor who released classified documents to WikiLeaks which described the tools that the CIA uses to penetrate smart phones, smart TVs and computer systems;

    In his first public comments as director of the CIA just last week, Mike Pompeo railed against WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange.

    “It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is: A non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia,” he said.

    Well, you know, we quit executing traitors after Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were put to death by electrocution for spying for the Soviets. Traitors like Bradley Manning are lionized and worshipped. Execute a couple of these creeps and maybe the rest will stop spying.

  • Arcan Cetin, Washington mall shooter dies in custody

    Arcan Cetin, Washington mall shooter dies in custody

    Atkron sends us a link to the news that Arcan Cetin, the Turkey-born fellow who went on a rampage with a Ruger 10/22 in a Macy’s store in Burlington, Washington last year, has been reported dead while in custody in the Snohomish County Jail as he awaited trial;

    Arcan Cetin, 20, died while in custody on Sunday night, according to The Skagit County prosecuting attorney.

    It was not immediately clear how Cetin died. KIRO 7 is asking whether his death was a suicide, homicide, natural causes or accidental.

    The Seattle Times speculates that he hung himself in his cell last night. KING says that the prosecutor has verified that.

    The Skagit County Prosecutor’s Office said Cetin was discovered hanging in his cell just before 9 p.m. The office could not immediately say why Cetin had been transferred from Skagit County.

    Cetin had been forbidden to possess firearms in Washington State, but he had apparently stolen his step father’s rifle and despite the fact that openly carrying long guns in Washington is illegal, that’s what he did eventually killing four women and a man.

  • Woman sentenced in road rage death of Zacharias Buob

    Woman sentenced in road rage death of Zacharias Buob

    About a year ago, we wrote about the tragic death of Chief Petty Officer Zach Buob, a 20-year veteran of the Navy, in a road rage incident. Darla Renee Jackson, 27, ran him down while he was riding his motorcycle in California. The LA Times reports that she was sentenced Friday;

    Calling her behavior “outrageously reckless,” a judge on Friday sentenced a young woman to six years in prison for chasing a motorcyclist on two San Diego County freeways and causing the crash that killed him…Jackson, who was driving a Nissan Altima, pursued Buob at speeds reaching up to 90 mph and crashed into his motorcycle when the traffic slowed in front of them. Buob was thrown to the ground.

    She ran over him as she swerved her car to avoid the fallen motorcycle. Buob died later at a hospital.

    “Whatever the purpose, she chased. She sped. She followed too closely. and she hunted him down,” Deputy District Atty. Laura Evans said during the sentencing hearing.

  • Another Discovery Channel fail

    Another Discovery Channel fail

    According to the UK’s Daily Mail, Will Hayden, the TV personality that led the Discovery Channel’s Sons of Guns reality show has been convicted of raping two underage girls in Louisiana;

    His 15-year-old victim told jurors that Hayden repeatedly raped her over the course of a year-and-a-half in 2013 and 2014, when she was 11 and 12 years old.

    His former employee Rebecca Ramsey testified that she walked in on Hayden in August 2014 kissing the girl in his house, and filed a report with East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office one day later, the Advocate reported.

    In her testimony on Wednesday, the young girl said that she was performing oral sex on the 51-year-old as Ramsey walked in on them, according to the paper.

    […]

    Hayden is scheduled to be sentenced in May, but his aggravated rape conviction carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison.

    He also faces separate rape charges in Livingston Parish and has a trial scheduled for July. An aggravated rape charge concerns the 15-year-old girl and a sex crime charge concerns his adult daughter Stephanie Hayden.

    Discovery Channel is having a hard time casting these reality-type shows. Maybe they should go back to doing actual science shows instead.

  • Broken Arrow, OK updates

    We mentioned earlier this week in our “feel good stories” the three teen criminals that were killed by a 23-year-old with an AR rifle when they returned to burglarize a home. 21-year-old Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez is rotting in a jail cell for driving the three to scene of their crime. She’s charged with felony murder for the deaths of her partners. According to the Associated Press;

    “I understand he (the son) protected his home,” Rodriguez told television station KOTV. “He had his rights.”

    But she said he could have shot the three in the legs. “He’s at the bottom of my list to be compassionate for,” she said.

    Teary-eyed and often sniffling during the interviews, Rodriguez said she drove the teens to the home with the intent to burglarize it, while acknowledging the group had stolen items earlier the same day from a detached garage on the same property.

    “I won’t take responsibility for the murders, I won’t. I feel guilty, but I don’t feel responsible,” Rodriguez said to ABC’s “World News Tonight with David Muir.”

    Rodriguez also said another person was with her in the vehicle as she waited outside the home, but would not identify the person.

    One of the criminals’ grandfather isn’t happy that his kin was out-gunned. From Tulsa’s Channel 8 KTUL;

    [Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn] agrees his grandson and his friends made a bad decision, but not one worthy of deadly consequences.

    “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die,” said Schumacher.

    Redfearn, 19-year old Maxwell Cook and 16-year old Jake Woodruff were shot by the homeowner’s son while breaking into the Wagoner County house Monday.

    Schumacher says his grandson didn’t have a chance. The 17-year old, he says, never got into trouble.

    “Brass knuckles against an AR-15, come on, who was afraid for their life,” said Schumacher.

    Since the shooting, Wagoner County deputies have arrested 21-year-old Elizabeth Rodriguez, the alleged getaway driver.

    Schumacher believes she was the ring leader, and investigators say she admitted to planning the whole thing.

    The homeowner’s son has not been charged with a crime. Deputies believe he fired in self-defense.

    “There’s got to be a limit to that law, I mean he shot all three of them; there was no need for that,” said Schumacher.

    Schumacher does say he supports the right to bear arms and protect your home. But he doesn’t agree with shooting and killing intruders.