Category: Breaking News

  • Saturday Feel Good Stories

    sight pictureIf I have to explain this, seek professional help at a range near you.

    Somehow I doubt the shooter had a New Jersey compliant magazine.
    Arizona resident shoots four burglars, killing one, police say

    By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News
    One person is dead and three others are injured after they were shot by a resident of an Arizona home they were trying to burglarize, police said.

    The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call at approximately 1:38 a.m. Thursday and discovered that four individuals were shot after breaking into a home.

    According to a news release, Edith Guerrero, 36, Jaden James, 18, Leonardo Gonzalez, 27, and Jessica Aynes, 28, woke the sleeping occupants as they entered.

    The unidentified occupant with the gun fired several rounds, hitting all four suspects and ultimately killing one.

    Not much to add, but the rest of the article may be viewed here: Fox Nedwa

    One winged, another in the wind.
    Burglar shot Wednesday night at Old Tavern home

    A resident of Old Tavern on Wednesday night shot an armed burglar, whom deputies later arrested and charged, according to the Fauquier sheriff’s office.

    Matthew Darolyn Hawkes, 39, of Marshall, suffered a gunshot wound to the leg, Sgt. James Hartman said.

    Charged with four crimes, Mr. Hawkes remained in a Northern Virginia hospital Thursday afternoon, according to Sgt. Hartman.

    Armed with a handgun, the suspect allegedly kicked in the front door of a rented home in the 4900 block of Old Tavern Road near The Plains late Wednesday.

    “Multiple callers (to 911) advised gunshots had been fired” at 10:24 p.m., Sgt. Hartman said.

    When sheriff’s deputies arrived, “occupants of the residence described a short male wearing a mask entering through the door,” he added. “One of the occupants of the residence fired several gun shots at the man who then fled on foot.”

    The deputies identified a suspect “after learning of a . . . recent altercation between the homeowner and a male acquaintance,” the sergeant said.

    A sheriff’s office tracking dog and Fairfax County Police helicopter joined the manhunt.

    Read the rest here: Fauquier Now

    Try typing “Fauquier” and keep a straight face. So one in the wind, one DRT, and four WRT. Not bad really, especially FGS#1 with four up, four down. Have a safe weekend, and keep ’em in the ten ring.

    BREAKING NEWS THIS JUST IN! Your tireless TAH FGS staff brings you this :
    thug
    Christian Maire, 40, died following an altercation at the Milan detention center in Michigan, officials said Friday.

    Currently sipping on a Bloody Mary to assuage the assault of a pal who failed to kill us with bourbon (again), your TAH staff finds:

    By Amy Lieu
    A man serving a 40-year sentence for his role in an international child pornography ring has died following a fight at a federal detention center in Michigan, authorities said Friday.

    Christian Maire, 40, of New York, was pronounced dead following an altercation involving seven inmates Tuesday at the Milan detention center about 50 miles southwest of Detroit, a statement from the Federal Bureau of Prisons said.

    “It’s a horrible tragedy and it seems something like this should have been able to be avoided,” Maire’s lawyer Mark Kriger told the Detroit News on Friday.

    Three of the other inmates involved were treated for serious injuries and two prison staff members had minor injuries, the statement said.

    Details of how Maire was injured weren’t immediately released, but the death was being investigated as an apparent homicide.

    Meanwhile, one source familiar with the investigation told the Detroit News that at least one attacker was armed with a shiv or homemade knife.

    The rest of this sad saga may be read here: Fox News

    Let’s join ‘lawer’ Mark Kriger in his pity party for a slain child molester. Y’all go first; seems I can’t muster up a single tear. Must be the Bloody Mary, which in the crafting of this post has remarkably evaporated. So now one in the wind, two DRT, and four WRT. Not a Master Chief trifectra, but not too bad. And the weekend has just begun…

  • U.S. court rules for Trump on transgender military limits

    trump

    By Lawrence Hurley
    WASHINGTON, Jan 4 (Reuters) – A U.S. court on Friday ruled in favor of a Trump administration policy barring certain transgender people from serving in the U.S. armed forces, handing the president his first legal victory on the issue after several defeats.

    The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit overturned a decision by a federal judge in Washington, D.C., that blocked the policy, saying it likely violates the constitutional rights of transgender recruits and service members.

    President Donald Trump announced in March that he would endorse a plan by former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to restrict the military service of transgender people who experience a condition called gender dysphoria.

    The appeals court victory is limited because other federal courts issued injunctions against the policy, which applied nationwide. The administration already has asked the Supreme Court to weigh in on the issue.

    The high court is due to consider whether to hear three separate government appeals at its private conference on Jan. 11.

    The various injunctions allowed transgender troops to join the ranks as of Jan. 1, 2018.

    Some sanity reigns, but the social experimenters are readying their appeals as I type. The rest of the article, and complexly expected backlash, may be read here: MSN.com

  • Arthur James Dicken – Dead Phony SEAL

    Arthur James Dicken – Dead Phony SEAL

    Most of you are familiar with AJ Dicken.  He has been posted here at TAH many times.  He assumed room temperature on  December 31.   I guess living with a festering puss filled ego finally rotted him from the inside out.   I get criticism sometimes for speaking ill of the dead … Arthur James Dicken cannot be spoken of in an ill enough manner for my liking.  Dicken did manage to get some classic Shipley attention.

    If anyone wants to write about my life, I will have to be paid more than Dicken was offered for his bullshit story.  Some of my bullshit might actually be true.   At least AJ Dicken had the grace to die before the new year started.   2019 is looking better all the time.

    I visited a lot of gravesites in 2018.  Some I honored … some I pissed on.

    The video below has most of the story.  Don is always at his best when these clowns are at their worst.

    If you are unfamiliar with Don Shipley please take the time to check him out at the link below.  He also has a YouTube channel.

    Source: Extreme Seal Experience/ Videos,  aka The Hairs Place

  • Indonesia’s tsunami death toll now over 400 as officials warn that more deadly waves possible

    Christmas tsunamiThe death toll from Indonesia’s Christmas-time tsunami continues to rise, as officials warn that additional volcanic landslides could trigger more deadly waves.

    Posted by Leslie Eastman

    On the other side of the world, Sicily’s Mt. Etna puts on a Christmas show.

    At least 429 people died, more than 1,400 were injured and another 158 are missing as of Tuesday morning, more than two days after the wave came crashing ashore on the northwest coast of Java, one of the large islands comprising the country, officials said.

    The threat did not disappear with the waves themselves, as officials were warning residents and tourists to stay as far away from coastal areas as possible on Monday because continued volcanic eruptions from Mount Anak Krakatau could potentially trigger a second devastating tsunami.

    More than 600 housing units and at least nine hotels were destroyed or badly damaged in the tsunami, according to Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, head of public relations for the Indonesian National Disaster Mitigation Agency. He said more than 16,000 people have been displaced.

    “In our initial report on the disaster, I noted that members of a popular “boy band” were filmed being hit by the wave. Only the lead singer appears to have survived, and the wave claimed his 26-year old wife’s life as well.”

    The lead singer of the local group “Seventeen,” Riefian Fajarsyah, included a video of himself stroking his bride’s white coffin in a heartbreaking Instagram post from the back of a hearse.

    “How can I live without you, Dylan Sahara?” Fajarsyah, 35, wrote of his wife, to his 1.9 million followers.

    Eerie video footage had shown fans clapping and cheering at the band’s beachside performance in Java on Saturday night — seconds before a huge wave smashed onto the stage.

    The frontman’s wife, an Indonesian actress and TV-personality, was one of the dozens of people swept away by the wave.

    Her body was identified at a hospital late Monday, according to local reports.

    The group’s drummer, Wisnu Andi Darmawan was also found dead Monday — as the group’s bassist Muhammad Awal Purbani, guitarist Herman Sikumbang, manager Oki Wijaya and crew member Rukmana Rustam were laid to rest.

    The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake occurred on 26 December, with an epicentre off the west coast of northern Sumatra. Named the Boxing Day tsunamis, communities along the surrounding coasts of the Indian Ocean were seriously affected, and the tsunamis killed an estimated 227,898 people in 14 countries.

    One would think an early warning system of wave buoys and other observation systems would have been installed after this disaster to predict potential tsunami activity. Or perhaps they were and the indications were just missed. A tragic occurrence either way.

    The rest of the article, including Etna’s eruption, can be viewed here: Legal Insurrection

  • Cops and schools had no duty to shield students in Parkland shooting, says judge who tossed lawsuit 

    U.S. District Judge Beth Bloom ruled that the schools and sheriff aren’t responsible for people traumatized at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School because the students weren’t in custody.

    A federal judge says Broward schools and the Sheriff’s Office had no legal duty to protect students during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

    U.S. District Judge Beth Bloom dismissed a suit filed by 15 students who claimed they were traumatized by the crisis in February. The suit named six defendants, including the Broward school district and the Broward Sheriff’s Office, as well as school deputy Scot Peterson and campus monitor Andrew Medina.

    Bloom ruled that the two agencies had no constitutional duty to protect students who were not in custody.

    “The claim arises from the actions of [shooter Nikolas] Cruz, a third party, and not a state actor,” she wrote in a ruling Dec. 12. “Thus, the critical question the Court analyzes is whether defendants had a constitutional duty to protect plaintiffs from the actions of Cruz.

    “As previously stated, for such a duty to exist on the part of defendants, plaintiffs would have to be considered to be in custody” — for example, as prisoners or patients of a mental hospital, she wrote.

    “His arbitrary and conscience-shocking actions and inactions directly and predictably caused children to die, get injured, and get traumatized,” the lawsuit claimed.

    Medina knew Cruz and saw him arrive on campus, but did not confront him.

    The lawsuit argued that the Sheriff’s Office and School Board “either have a policy that allows killers to walk through a school killing people without being stopped. Alternatively, they have such inadequate training that the individuals tasked with carrying out the polices … lack the basic fundamental understandings of what those policies are such that they are incapable of carrying them out.”

    The entire article is at the link below.  I will let you good people sort out this mess.  This Peterson person is what we used to call a Coward, back in the days when you could openly express yourself.

     

    Source: Cops and schools had no duty to shield students in Parkland shooting, says judge who tossed lawsuit – Orlando Sentinel

  • Sock Puppet Alert: Cthulhu is Lars

    lars

    Outed on Donald Trump Mocks Global Warming Alarmists with Record Cold Temperatures Post

    Link to Post

    Lars given away by writing style, ISP address’.

    Comment:

    AW1Ed says:
    November 22, 2018 at 6:47 pm (Edit)

    Damn you’re easy. I couldn’t have baited this post more heavily if I had used a trowel. Ya’see, Cthulhu, folks here have petty long memories, and your writing style- self serving, verbose, and argumentative, brings back some. This is coupled with your ISP address’ uncanny similarity to another one from “United States Berkeley University Of California At Berkeley.” Just come clean and ‘fess up, Lars. Or is it better to recognize you as “Major Lars REDACTED, USAR?”
    Circumstantial? Sure. But men have gone to the gallows on such evidence.
    I’ll postulate that with Jonn’s passing you thought you could weasel your way back in here, and you did. For a while.
    I’m a second tier Admin here with limited permissions, so I can’t ban you outright. I can edit your comments or make them disappear, though. If you fess up, I may let you continue to comment until Management returns and deals with you as they will.
    They say confession is good for the soul, and besides, it’ll give you an opportunity gloat over how long you have strung us along.

  • Nikki Haley’s letter of resignation to President Trump

    nikki

    US Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, surprised the nation with her intention to step down from that position and return to her South Carolina home yesterday.

    Haley told reporters she will not run for office in 2020 and instead campaign for the president, in an attempt to quash speculation that she might chart her own political course challenging him.

    “I will say this for all of you that are going to ask about 2020 — no, I am not running for 2020,” the ambassador told reporters. “I can promise you what I will be doing is campaigning for this one. So I look forward to supporting the president in the next election.”

    Her letter:

    October 3, 2018

    Dear Mr. President: It has been an immense honor to serve our country in your Administration. I cannot thank you enough for giving me this opportunity.

    You will recall that when you offered me the position of United States Ambassador to the United Nations in November 2016, I accepted the offer based on some conditions. Those conditions included serving in your Cabinet and on the National Security Council and being free to speak my mind on the issues of the day. You made those commitments and you have absolutely kept them all. For that too, I will always be grateful.

    We achieved great successes at the UN. We passed the toughest sanctions against any country in a generation, pressuring North Korea toward denuclearization. We passed an arms embargo on South Sudan that will help reduce violence and hopefully bring peace to that troubled country. We stood up for our ally Israel and began to roll back the UN’s relentless bias against her. We reformed UN operations and saved over $1.3 billion. We spoke out resolutely against dictatorships in Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba, and yes, Russia. Through it all, we stood strong for American values and interests, always placing America first. I am proud of our record.

    As a strong supporter of term limits, I have long believed that rotation in office benefits the public. Between the UN Ambassadorship and serving in the South Carolina Governorship and General Assembly, I have been in public office for fourteen straight years. As a businessman, I expect you will appreciate my sense that returning from government to the private sector is not a step down but a step up.

    Accordingly, I am resigning my position. To give you time to select a replacement, and to give the Senate time to consider your selection, I am prepared to continue to serve until January 2019.

    At that point, I will once again become a private citizen. I expect to continue to speak out from time to time on important public policy matters, but I will surely not be a candidate for any office in 2020. As a private citizen, I look forward to supporting your re-election as President, and supporting the policies that will continue to move our great country toward even greater heights.

    With best wishes and deep gratitude,

    Nikki Haley

    A class act all the way, she will be greatly missed. Right up until we see a Pense / Haley ticket in 2024.

    This article may be viewed at Fox News

  • When They Came For Kavanaugh’s Kid

    When They Came For Kavanaugh’s Kid

    The following was published by The American Conservative

    From editorial cartoonist Chris Britt. How can a man do this to another man’s child? How can editors allow this to pass? What corrupt and wicked hearts they have.

    UPDATE: For some reason, this image is being passed around to some people as if I approved of its message. If you’re going to send it around, please point out that I *abhor* this image.

    UPDATE.2: Still getting e-mails from people denouncing ME for drawing that cartoon. Wild.

    UPDATE.3: 
    WILL YOU RIGHT-WING IDIOTS WHO THINK THAT I, ROD DREHER, DREW THAT CARTOON AND/OR APPROVE OF IT PLEASE GET A FREAKING CLUE?!

    I’m closing comments on this thread, because I’m tired of dealing with these morons.

    UPDATE.4: This just came in from the publisher of the Illinois Times:

    There appears to be a great deal of confusion surrounding the recent Chris Britt cartoon featuring Judge Kavanaugh’s daughter. I saw that you shared it on your website and I know it has been shared on various other social media sites and attributed to our publication. However, we did not publish this cartoon, either in our paper or on our website. Chris posted it to his own Facebook page and tagged us in it, which we asked him to remove as soon as we became aware of it.

    Chris Britt is not an employee of ours, he is a nationally syndicated cartoonist. While we have published other cartoons of his, we had not seen this particular one and had no knowledge of it until the death threats and hate mail started pouring in. I saw it for the first time myself yesterday.

    I would be glad to speak with you about this situation if you would like to talk directly, but I am hoping that you will be willing to issue a clarification on your site. If people have issues with the cartoon, they can certainly take it up with Chris, but we had no knowledge of this cartoon and were not a part of promoting it. I happen to agree with you that children should be left out of political discussions.

    So stop writing to them about it. The fault is Chris Britt’s, not the newspaper’s.

    Death threats and hate mail…WTF did they expect?  We are much better than that here at TAH.    Please consider sending something like this instead.