
Three were killed and 12 injured in a shooting in the vicinity of the Christmas Market in the historic French city of Strasbourg Tuesday evening.
By: Joshua Caplan and Oliver Lane
The Associated Press reports of the latest on this ongoing hunt for the suspected Strasbourg attacker:
“A senior French government official says that five people have been detained as police hunt for the man who attacked the Strasbourg Christmas market, but the gunman remains at large.
Laurent Nunez, secretary of state for the interior ministry, said Wednesday on France-Inter radio that the attacker could have fled to neighboring Germany.
He said that three people were killed and 13 injured, eight of them seriously. He denied reports of a police intervention at the city’s famed cathedral but said the search for the attacker is constantly evolving.
Nunez said the assailant had been identified as a suspected extremist during his past stays in prison but said the motive for the attack remains unclear. A terrorism investigation was opened.”
Aspects of Tuesday’s attack bear more than a passing resemblance to the 2016 Berlin Christmas market attack. The killer, a known radical named Anis Amri was under police surveillance only “sporadically“. After that attack, which saw 12 killed and maimed 100 at Berlin’s Christmas Market, Amri was able to escape police. He was fianlly shot dead in Italy.
So here we go again, a known extremist murdering and maiming innocents at a Christmas festival shouting “Allahu Akbar” during his murderous spree. If these potential terrorists are known, why have they not been deported to somewhere hot and sandy, with a name that ends with -stan?
The entire debacle may be read here at Breitbart News.


The search for missing crew that began after a KC-130J and a Marine Corps F/A-18D Hornet crashed Dec. 6 has been called off. (Marine Corps)




U.S. Air Force 320th Special Tactics Squadron operators prepare for military free fall operations from a U.S. Air Force 1st Special Operations Squadron MC-130H Combat Talon II