Author: AW1Ed

  • Tuesday Feel Good Stories

    ar flag

    We’ll never know if Mr. Myers had a plan “B.”
    Man fatally shoots home intruder, Sumter deputies say
    By Lisa Maria Garza

    A 37-year-old man was fatally shot Saturday night by a home owner after he allegedly broke into the house following a fight over drugs earlier in the day, according to the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office.

    Deputies responded around 9:30 p.m. to the 7300 block of County Road 647 in Bushnell and found Joshua Myers with multiple gunshot wounds. Myers was taken to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, where he later died.

    Michael Donzero told investigators that Myers broke into his home after they had a “drug dispute” and he shot him in self defense.

    The rest of the article may be viewed here at: The Orlando Sentinel

    The best way to avoid that shit it to avoid that shit.
    New York man shot in Miami Beach after attacking woman, police say
    By By Tim Swift

    Victim’s boyfriend was defending woman, young child, arrest report says

    MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – A New York man was shot Saturday after police said he attacked a woman in front of her boyfriend and his young child along Ocean Drive in Miami Beach, police said.
    Mamadou Bah, 26, of Brooklyn, faces a charge of battery.
    According to the arrest report, Bah had been fighting with a group of unknown men in the 1000 block of Ocean Drive just before 7 p.m. when the couple, along with the 8-month-old child, passed by. The victim’s boyfriend began recording Bah on his mobile phone, causing Bah to become irate and confront the couple, the report said.

    Bah then struck the victim with his fists, the report said. The couple tried to retreat, but when Bah continue to lunge at them, the boyfriend pulled out a gun and fired three times, striking Bah in the left arm, the report said.

    Paramedics transported Bah to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. The boyfriend stayed on the scene and cooperated with investigators, the report said.

    The entire artilce may be viewed at: Local 10 News

  • Two Marines Testify On Harrowing Attack By Angry Antifa Mob

    antifaPictured: two Antifa suspects, Thomas Massey and Tom Keenan [via their Philly PD mugshots]
    Posted by Legal Insurrection’s Fuzzy Slippers

    “A dozen Antifa thugs jumped two latino Marines in Philly, accusing them of being ‘Nazis’ and ‘white supremacists’ while calling them ‘spics’ and ‘wetbacks’ at the same time”

    United States Marines Alejandro Godinez and Luis Torres were viciously attacked by an angry mob of Antifa fascists in Philadelphia on November 17, 2018.

    They appeared in court on Thursday and revealed the details of their harrowing ordeal.

    Philly Mag reports:
    The marines, Alejandro Godinez and Luis Torres, both testified in uniform about the incident, while three marine officers, including their commanding officer, stood in the gallery. The suspects, Thomas Massey and Tom Keenan, who have been linked to antifa on websites and social media, sat together with their individual lawyers and did not speak. [emphasis in original]

    The marines, who are not from the Philadelphia area, said that they had traveled to the city with other members of their helicopter unit, headquartered at Fort Dix, to attend a Marine event that night at a local hotel ballroom. They said that they had no knowledge of the nearby rally, which drew members of the alt-right as well as a large number of counter-protestors, Keenan and Massey reportedly among them.

    According to the marines’ testimony, they were touring historical landmarks near Front and Chestnut streets when suspect Thomas Keenan approached them. Godinez testified that Keenan asked them “Are you proud?,” to which Godinez remembers responding “We are Marines.” Torres said that he remembers Keenan asking “Are you Proud Boys?,” an allusion to one of the alt-right groups behind the rally, and one that Torres said he didn’t understand. “I didn’t know what Proud Boys meant,” he said.

    Whatever Keenan said, both marines testified that Keenan, Massey, and approximately ten other people — men and women, some masked and some unmasked — then began attacking them with mace, punches, and kicks, and calling them “nazis” and “white supremacists.”

    On the stand, Godinez said that he was “bewildered” by being called a white supremacist and immediately cried out, “I’m Mexican!” After that, as the attack continued, both men said that members of the group, including Keenan, repeatedly used ethnic slurs, including “spic” and “wetback,” against the marines. (There was no testimony that Massey used any such language).

    Godinez testified that he was maced at least six times, hit in the head, and kicked in the ribs, and he said that while he was being “stomped,” members of the group, which the judge and the district attorney’s office have both referred to as a “mob,” chanted “fuck him up” over and over again.

    The report continues, so be sure to read the whole thing at: Phillymag.com

    Hat tip to Legal Insurrection for the link.

  • Monday Feel Good Stories

    sunlight flag

    One ventilated, the rest will live to steal another day.
    Vehicle owner shoots suspected thieves; 1 arrested
    By KCBD Staff
    Information provided by the Lubbock Police Department

    At approximately 4:30 a.m. on Saturday, Lubbock Police officers responded to a shots fired call in the 4400 block of 85th Street. Officers were advised that a male came outside to find multiple suspects stealing his vehicle. The vehicle owner then fired multiple shots at his vehicle as the suspect fled the area in the stolen car.

    While on scene, officers received a call referencing an injured male with a gunshot wound in the 500 block of 54th Street. The injured male was taken to the hospital with moderate injuries.

    The entire article may be viewed at: KCBD

    Two in the wind, empty handed.
    California jewelry store robbery thwarted after owner’s nephew pulls out gun
    By Frank Miles

    A California jewelry store owner’s nephew pulled a gun on suspects as the two men allegedly tried to rob his uncle’s store, according to reports.

    The suspects, caught on video, allegedly tried to stab owner Jean Boujekian during the attempted robbery at Vana Watch and Jewelry in South Pasadena on Friday, The Orange County Register reported.

    “I didn’t feel comfortable so I came out from the back to the floor and my nephew was in the background and one of them pulled out a knife,” Boujekian told KABC.

    “Probably the scariest thing — everything slowed done and your adrenaline is pumping. Everything slowed down. It felt like an eternity, but when you look at the video you see it happened very fast,” Boujekian added.

    Read the entire article at: Fox News

  • Trump joins Wreaths Across America in laying wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery

    trump wreath
    By Robert Gearty | Fox News

    President Trump paid a Saturday visit to Arlington National Cemetery, where thousands of volunteers had just taken part in the rain in the annual holiday wreath-laying tribute to those who served—and died– in America’s wars.

    Trump made the unscheduled stop to the famous military ceremony about 2:15 p.m. ET, hours after the event began.

    “They do a great job, a really great job. Thank you,” Trump said during the visit.

    Every December, Wreaths Across America places wreaths on the graves at Arlington and other veterans cemeteries.

    “Spending a rainy Saturday morning helping with Wreaths Across America at Arlington!!” Jessica Moyer told her followers on Facebook. “Such a humbling experience.”

    Read the entire article at: Fox News.

  • Sunday Feel Good Stories

    2 ar15s

    This ‘robber’ failed rule #1 of a gun fight.
    Customer shoots alleged robber at Ukiah Subway
    By Adrian Fernandez Baumann

    Ukiah Police Department’s Lt. Cedric Crook has confirmed that the man shot tonight at the Ukiah Subway was allegedly attempting to rob the sandwich shop before he was shot.

    The robbery suspect is reported to have been holding customers in the Subway at gunpoint, but Crook stated that the gun “might not be a working gun,” and was potentially a toy or replica, but one that appeared real. A customer at the restaurant shot the robbery suspect at least shot twice, and three bullet casings were found at the scene. The robbery suspect was airlifted to an out of county hospital. The customer who shot the alleged robber is the holder of a locally issued concealed carry weapon permit, and was in Ukiah because his wife was potentially in labor, however, she was apparently at the hospital, and not present while the shooting occurred.

    The owner of the Subway location estimated that about $600 were taken during the attempted robbery.

    The entire article may be viewed here: The Mendocino Voice.

    5 v 1, and the gun is the trump card.
    SAPD: Driver holds alleged road rage attacker at gunpoint until officers arrive
    By Mary Claire Patton

    SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio police said a road rage incident between a driver and five other men led to a confrontation at a North Side apartment complex that ended with one of the five men held at gunpoint until police arrived.

    Police said the incident between the driver and the other men began on Highway 281 and ended in the parking lot of the Ravinia Apartments.

    The driver told police the five men got out of their vehicle and threw a rock through his car window, striking him in the head.

    Police investigators said the driver, who has his concealed handgun license, got out of his car and began shooting at the men, who fled on foot. None of the bullets reportedly struck the men as they fled.

    Read the rest here at: KSAT ABC 12

    Not a feel good story, but a story none the less.
    Million Plus NJ Gun Owners Defy State Law, Refuse to Turn Over Banned Gun Mags
    Over one million New Jersey Gun owners defy Governor Murphy’s gun magazine ban & turn in demands of what some estimate is easily more than ten million now illegal standard capacity gun mags.

    New Jersey’s standard capacity magazine ban is now in effect making New Jersey’s one million gun owners criminals in the eyes of the state. But in an act of mass definace, New Jersey residents refuse to comply.

    Any magazine holding more than ten rounds is now illegal in the Garden State. The standard magazine for an AR-15 holds 30 rounds. Glock 19s, which is the most popular pistol in the United States, holds 15 rounds. Anyone who is possession of larger magazine is committing a fourth-degree felony.

    Anyone caught with one of the now banned magazines in their possession faces up to 18 months in prison and up to $10,000 in fines or both for each magazine found.

    The bill was signed into law last June by Gov. Phil Murphy (D). Residents had until December 11th, 2018, to turn over magazines to police or sell or store them out of state.

    The entire article may be read here at: Ammoland

  • Moscow To Set Up Military Base In Caribbean

    tu 160 blackjackTU-160 ‘Blackjack’
    Image by Rob Schleiffert
    Text by L Todd Wood

    Vlad’s setting up shop in Venezuela, as if those poor folks didn’t have enough trouble already. Manning a base on an island in ‘our’ pond, the Caribbean, won’t set well at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. This is pretty obvious gamesmanship, with our excursions into the Black Sea, backing the Ukraine and stepping away from an antiquated nuclear arms treaty.

    Russia has decided to develop a long-term military presence in the Caribbean in conjunction with the socialist nation of Venezuela, on one of its islands in the Caribbean Sea. The move seems to be a response to the Trump administration’s decision to pull out of the Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty. The recent flights of Russian Tu-160 long-range nuclear bombers are part of this effort.

    “According to military envoys, Russian authorities have made a decision (and Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro did not object) to deploy strategic aircraft to one of Venezuela’s islands in the Caribbean Sea, which has a naval base and a military airfield. Ten years ago, Russian experts and Armed Forces commanders had already visited the island of La Orchila, located 200 kilometers northeast of Caracas. Venezuelan laws prohibit the setup of military bases in the country, but a temporary deployment of warplanes is possible,” reported Russian state news agency TASS.

    “The arrival of Russia’s Tu-160 strategic bombers to Central America is kind of a signal to Trump to make him realize that abandoning nuclear disarmament treaties will have a boomerang effect,” added another Russian military expert.

    Your move, Mr. President.

    Read the entire article at: Tsarizm, tovarich.

    Tip of the chapeau to Poetrooper for the link.

  • Former decorated Green Beret, after years of investigations, charged in death of suspected Taliban bomb maker

    U.S Army Capt. Mathew Golsteyn
    By Greg Norman

    A former Green Beret who told Fox News in 2016 that he killed a suspected Taliban bomb maker nearly a decade ago during combat operations in Afghanistan is now being charged in the man’s death — a move his lawyer says is an act of betrayal by the Army.

    The murder charge facing Maj. Matthew Golsteyn comes after years of on-and-off investigations by the Army following an incident said to have taken place during his 2010 deployment. A military tribunal that probed the killing years ago initially cleared Golsteyn — but the investigation into him was re-opened after he spoke to Fox News’ Bret Baier.

    “I think he’s been betrayed,” his attorney, Phillip Stackhouse, told Fox News on Friday when asked how the Army has treated Golsteyn.

    The once-decorated soldier, who had been on voluntary excess leave amid the latest investigation, has been living in a newly bought home with his wife and a 2-month-old baby in Virginia, working for the International Association of Firefighters, Stackhouse said.

    Golsteyn was informed of the murder charge earlier this week after being ordered back into active duty.

    Someone (I could look but really don’t care) loudly left in high dudgeon when I mentioned NCIS’s track record wasn’t unblemished, when I posted up on SOC “Eddie” Gallagher’s case. My how that Cluster Foxtrot has changed.

    This too smacks of over-zealous military prosecutors looking for a scalp, and it seems the only witness is Golsteyn himself. Listen to your lawyer, Matt. I feel pretty safe in saying we’re all pulling for you here.

    Now with a link: Fox News

    Another tip o’ the old chapeau to AP for the link. Careful laddie, this way leads to madness and drink. *grin*

  • Report: Boy Scouts of America May File for Bankruptcy

    bsa
    By Joshua Caplan

    I suppose it was just a matter of time. What with all the ‘include diversity’ BS, the Boy Scouts became the Boy and Girl Scouts for no apparent good reason, except the Girl Scouts seems to have become a training ground for young feminists with cookies. The final straw was I think, being so inclusive the courts decided LGBT Scoutmasters were just peachy. It just got to be too much.

    The Boy Scouts of America are considering filing for bankruptcy, according to a report released Wednesday.

    The Wall Street Journal states leadership of the youth organization, mired in sexual misconduct litigation, hired the law firm Sidley Austin LLP to explore a wide range of options, including petitioning for relief under Chapter 11.

    On Wednesday, Boy Scouts CEO Michael B. Surbaugh released a statement in response to the Journal‘s report, saying, “We are working with experts to explore all options available to ensure that the local and national programming of the Boy Scout of America continues uninterrupted.”

    The Boys Scouts of America has undertaken rebranding efforts this year, announcing in May that the nonprofit would rename itself “Scouts BSA” in 2019. In May, the Boys Scouts of America announced girls will be allowed to join the group next year. “We wanted to land on something that evokes the past but also conveys the inclusive nature of the program going forward,” Surbaugh said at the time of the announcement. “We’re trying to find the right way to say we’re here for both young men and young women.”

    Another staple of America has crashed on the reef of Political Correctness, and will never be the same. The rest of this sad saga may be viewed here at: Breitbart News

    Tip of the hat to Poetrooper for the link.