Category: Terror War

  • Three Americans kidnapped in Baghdad

    Three Americans kidnapped in Baghdad

    According to the Associated Press, three Americans were kidnapped from a dinner with their interpreter. Iraqi government officials say that they were then taken to Sadr City.

    A local policeman in Dora said the individuals were taken from their car on Saturday along a highway in southwest Dora while driving to Baghdad International Airport. The two differing accounts of the events could not immediately be reconciled. The policeman spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to brief the press.

    The U.S. Embassy confirmed Sunday that “several” Americans have gone missing in Iraq, after local media reported that three Americans had been kidnapped in the Iraqi capital.

    U.S. Embassy spokesman Scott Bolz said, “We are working in full cooperation with Iraqi authorities to locate the missing Americans.”

    Bolz did not identify the missing Americans or say what they were doing in Iraq.

    The Iraqis are saying that they don’t know who captured the Americans;

    There were no immediate claims of responsibility. Kidnappings in Iraq have been carried out by the Islamic State group, Shiite militias and criminal gangs often demanding ransom payments or seeking to resolve workplace disputes.

    Following the IS takeover of Iraq’s second largest city Mosul and large swaths of territory in the country’s north and west, Iraq has witnessed a deterioration in security as government forces were sent to front lines and Shiite militias were empowered to aid in the fight following the collapse of the Iraqi military.

    That’s the problem with only a small presence of Americans in Iraq – security of the troops depends largely on locals.

  • Turkey Detains 17 Re: the Istanbul Bombing

    Most TAH readers probably have heard of the recent terrorist bombing in the tourist area of Istanbul, Turkey.  Well, it appears that Turkey now has 17 persons in custody and potentially facing terrorism charges related to that bombing.

    Wanna guess where those 17 individuals Turkey had detained came from?

    If you guessed “Syria” – give yourself a gold star.  No word on how many were “refugees”.

    But don’t worry, folks.  Our State Department is “thoroughly vetting” any Syrian “refugees” we may admit to the USA.  In fact, we’re vetting them almost as well as we’re checking out foreign-born spouses of US citizens.

  • Joseph Hassan Farrokh arrested for supporting ISIS

    WTOP reports that this fellow Joseph Hassan Farrokh and Mahmoud Amin Mohamed Elhassan were arrested at the Richmond, Virginia Airport as Farrokh was planning to board a plane that would get him to Syria where he could join ISIS. The pair were from Woodbridge, Virginia, near the Metro DC area. Farrokh’s travel arrangements were made by an FBI informant, which is always helpful to the forces of good.

    Farrokh, a U.S. citizen born in Pennsylvania, has been charged with attempting to provide material support and resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization. Elhassan, a legal permanent U.S. resident originally from Sudan, has been charged with helping Farrokh.

    So, a US citizen being assisted by a refugee. Farrokh had no plans to return to the US, but, you know, his handlers in Syria could have persuaded him to return. As as a US citizen, he would have been more valuable to them here than just another gravedigger in Syria. DC area? WOuld have made him even more valuable to them. He told the FBI that he wanted to die a martyr.

  • Four hostages released by Iran

    Make no mistake, these fellow that have been released were nothing more than hostages. We paid the Iranian government $150 billion ransom for their release along with lifting the sanctions against the country. Otherwise, these completely innocent people would have released long ago not hours before the funds are released and sanctions are lifted. From Fox News;

    Pastor Saeed Abedini, Washington Post reporter Jason Razaian, former U.S. Marine Amir Hekmati and Nosratollah Khosravi were freed in the dramatic exchange that comes as crippling sanctions on Iran are set to be lifted following years of negotiations to brig Iran’s nuclear program into UN compliance.

    […]

    The release of prisoners does not appear to include Robert Levinson, a former FBI agent last seen in Iran but whose status is unknown. The 67-year-old disappeared in 2007 while working for the CIA on an unapproved intelligence mission. American officials are unsure if the former FBI agent is even still alive. Iranian officials deny knowing where he is. Levinson traveled to Kish island and checked into hotel, purportedly investigating cigarette smuggling. He met U.S. fugitive Dawud Salahuddin, the last man known to see him.

    The CIA family paid Levinson’s family over $2 million and some staffers lost their jobs over his unauthorized work. A proof of life video surfaced in 2011, saying Levinson was held by a group. His family received photos that year, too, of Levinson bearded, shackled, wearing orange jumpsuit and holding signs in broken English.

    As part of the deal announced Saturday, Iran also agreed to continue cooperating with the United States to determine the whereabouts of Levinson.

    In exchange, the US is giving Iran back some agents of the Islamic Republic who were convicted of violating the sanctions we’re now lifting as part of a nuclear deal.

    I’m sure that the Iranian government has sights set on their next American “prisoners” for their next blackmail attempt.

  • al Qaeda claims credit for Burkino Faso attack

    According to BBC, 27 people have been killed in Ouagadougou, the capitol of Burkino Faso, a central African nation. More than a hundred hostages were released after at least four terrorists were killed by American- and French-supported local national troops. Government officials disagree on whether or not two women were among the gunmen.

    Militants attacked the Splendid [Hotel] and the nearby Cappuccino cafe on Friday evening, setting off several explosions. Both places are popular with UN staff and foreigners.

    Survivors described how the militants went from person to person, touching their bodies to see if they moved.

    “They started shooting, shooting, and everybody lay down on the ground,” said Mariette, who escaped from the hotel with her younger sister.

    “As soon as you lifted your head they would shoot straightaway, so you had to pretend to be dead. And they even came to touch our feet to check if we were alive. As soon as you were alive, they would shoot at you.”

    Interior Minister Simon Compaore said 10 bodies had been found on the cafe terrace alone. He added that at least 33 hostages had been injured.

    CNN says that there a couple of dozen Americans stationed in Burkino Faso;

    U.S. forces helped with logistical support. The United States has about 75 military personnel in Burkina Faso, including 15 assigned to the U.S. Embassy, according to a U.S. defense official. An additional 60 help train and advise the French military in the nation.

    According to witness accounts, the terrorists would poke the bodies of people on the floor and if the bodies moved, they’d shoot their victims once again. Reports are that the 23 victims were of at least 18 different nationalities.

    Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb claimed responsibility for the assault, local media reported. CNN could not independently confirm that claim.

    The al Qaeda-linked Al-Mourabitoun said it conducted the attack, which had similarities to the one in neighboring Mali in November.

  • Turkey sends troops to fight ISIS

    The other day, a “Syrian refugee” detonated himself in a crowd of tourists in Istanbul killing ten Germans and injuring several more, so Turkey got serious about their war against ISIS yesterday, according to Reuters;

    “After the incident on Tuesday … close to 500 artillery and tank shells were fired on Daesh positions in Syria and Iraq,” [Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu] told a conference of Turkish ambassadors in the capital Ankara, using an Arabic name for Islamic State.

    “Close to 200 Daesh members including so-called regional leaders were neutralized in the last 48 hours. After this, every threat directed at Turkey will be punished in kind.”

    Davutoglu said the Turkish strikes had targeted Islamic State positions around Bashiqa in northern Iraq, where Ankara recently deployed a force protection unit to defend Turkish soldiers who are training an Iraqi militia in the fight against the Sunni radicals.

    Cross-border strikes into Syria targeted an area around the rebel-held town of Marea, 20 km (12 miles) from the Turkish border and near the edge of a “safe zone” Turkey wants to establish in northern Syria to keep Islamic State at bay.

    Of course, if Turkey had taken the war against ISIS seriously in the first place, those German tourists might still be alive.

    The Associated Press reports that the Europeans are starting to be more picky about which “refugees” thay allow into their countries, Austria has turned away 3000 in the last few weeks;

    [Austrian] Police spokesman Rainer Dionisio said Wednesday the development is due to more intensive controls at border points with Slovenia, from where about 3,000 migrants a day cross into Austria.

    Those claiming to come from Syria, Iraq, and other flashpoints in the Middle East are questioned and translators check their accents to establish whether they are telling the truth. Those who aren’t are turned back, including Moroccans, Algerians and other nationals making false claims.

    Meanwhile, Austrian police say Germany has returned about 200 migrants trying to transit from Austria over the past few weeks for lack of valid documents or because they were seeking asylum in other EU countries.

  • PressTV interview with captured Navy crew

    PressTV interview with captured Navy crew

    PressTV

    Of course, Iran is going to milk this incident for every ounce they can squeeze out of it. I mean, the President is on television addressing the nation and ten sailors are captured and in custody of an enemy that has been at war with us since 1979 while the Preident is speaking. The word is that the 10 have been released. But, you know, the sailor in the video says that their captors approached the Navy vessels with weapons drawn. The same guys who were aiding the Iraqi rebels to blow up and kill our troops a few short years ago.

    Anyway watch the body language;

    We probably won’t hear the whole truth about this incident until after January next year.

  • So . . . We’re Screening Refugees “Thoroughly”, Eh?

    So the       gang of feckless fools and clueless tools running the show in DC today      current Administration tells us. Well, then, “Riddle me this, Batman – how did this happen””?

    Yep, you guessed it:  both of those “fine fellows” were reportedly admitted to the US as “refugees” from the Middle East.  In fact, one of them came via Syria – in 2012.  Hell, one of the two reportedly went back to the ME and fought for ISIS after coming to the US as a “refugee” – then freaking returned to the US after doing so.

    Both are now currently facing Federal charges related to supporting terrorism.

    But don’t worry.  We’re screening those Syrian refugees coming here today “thoroughly”.   According to the      mouthpiece for the clown krewe in charge      current Administration’s spokesman, Josh Earnest, “No one’s allowed to short-circuit this system.”

    Yeah, right.  You believe that BS, and I’ll make you a great deal on a bridge.