Category: Terror War

  • Aaron Driver; ISIS supporter in Canada

    Aaron Driver; ISIS supporter in Canada

    Adam Driver

    Yesterday, this fellow, Aaron Driver, loaded his bomb into a cab and he was immediately surrounded by Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers, so Aaron detonated his bomb in the back of the cab killing himself.

    Backing up a bit, The FBI came into possession of a martyrdom video that Driver made and sent it to the RCMP at about 8:30 AM yesterday. The RCMP identified the fellow in the video wearing a balaclava as Driver at about 11 AM. He’d been in trouble before and he was a known supporter of ISIS. By 4:30PM he was all blowed up.

    Global News says that Driver had a history with the RCMP;

    In June 2015, Driver was first picked up in Winnipeg. Published reports at the time suggested Driver posted messages on social media that praised terrorist activities, including the attack on Parliament Hill in October 2014 by Michael Zehaf-Bibeau.

    Amarnath Amarasingam, a post-doctoral fellow at Dalhousie University who studies radicalization and terrorism, maintained in 2015 that Driver posted for several months on social media about disliking Canada and about a desire to move overseas.

    Mounties applied for a peace bond that could impose limits on Driver’s activities, alleging in provincial court documents that investigators believed he might help with terrorist group activities.

    When Driver, who was in his mid-20s, was released later that month, he was ordered to comply with 18 different conditions, including wearing a GPS tracking device.

    His lawyer railed against some of the terms of the bond and got his ankle monitor removed.

    The taxi driver was slightly injured from the blast and, at this point, police are unsure if the bomb killed Driver or the police gun fire.

  • Pentagon admits to US ground forces in Libya

    Our buddy, Kristina Wong at The Hill reports that the Pentagon admits that there are US ground forces “in and out” of Libya engaged in operations against ISIS there;

    Those forces are based in joint operations rooms, away from the forward line, to facilitate coordination among Libyan forces fighting ISIS, [Deputy Defense press secretary Gordon Trowbridge] said.

    The Pentagon announced on Aug. 1 that it had expanded its air war against ISIS into Libya, where its fighters have established a foothold in Sirte.

    At the time, defense officials said there were no U.S. forces on the ground supporting the air operations, but did not deny there were U.S. forces on the ground there…”They are not on the front lines, nor are they on the ground in Sirte.”

    Maybe if this administration had done it five years ago, they wouldn’t have to be doing it now – during an election year. Funny how putting off this stuff doesn’t make the problem go away. Neither does cooking the intel. If this had been George Bush, we’d get this stuff crammed down our throats every half hour on the cable news shows. But, then, George Bush doesn’t have a Nobel Prize.

  • Gitmo grad captured in Venezuela

    Gitmo grad captured in Venezuela

    Jihad Ahmed Mustafa Diyab

    Earlier this year, Jihad Ahmed Mustafa Diyab, a Syrian national of Lebanese birth, and a Gitmo grad went missing from Uruguay where he had been released from the island detention facility just two years ago. At the time of his release from Guantanamo, he was on a hunger strike and medical folks feared he would die if it continued for much longer – that’s probably why the little cry baby was released from Gitmo.

    When his disappearance was discovered South American law enforcement, especially the Brazilian police, were worried that he was planning a terrorist attack on the Olympics this year.

    Anyway, our buddy, Susan Katz Keating says that he’s been arrested in Venezuela. His bailiwick in the terrorist organization was as a forger, so it’s probably no surprise that he had an Uruguayan passport and identity card when he was picked up – he’s forbidden to travel outside of Uruguay for the time being as a condition of his pardon.

    SKK writes of Diyab;

    Diyab was a forger who had been sentenced to death in absentia in Syria, “probably for his terrorist activities [there],” the 2008 [Rear Admiral Mark Buzby] memo [made public by Wikileaks] stated.

    At the time, Guantanamo authorities believed Diyab to be untrustworthy.

    “Detainee’s account [of his activities] is assessed to be only partially truthful,” Buzby wrote in his memo. “Detainee has provided fairly consistent accounts, however, he has feigned physical ailments, refused to repeat his answers, and provided incomplete data.”

    Diyab was labelled high risk, and “likely to pose a threat to the US, its interests, and allies,” Buzby wrote.

    SKK writes that Diyab was at the Uruguayan embassy just prior to arrest in Caracas requesting help in getting back to Turkey, ostensibly to return to the jihadist battlefield in the region.

    But, hey, the President wanted Guantanamo emptied and he won’t be denied.

  • Clock-Boy Wants to Get Paid

    Remember “Clock boy”, AKA Clachmed?  You know, the Islamic activist’s son who disassembled a 1980s-vintage digital clock and repackaged it into a case large enough to hold a complete M18A1 Claymore anti-personnel mine with room to spare, and took it to school – then set it to alarm in class?  And who did that about 4 months after a couple of terrorist bastards had tried to shoot up a “Draw Mohammed” show a few miles away from his school?

    Well, guess what.  It appears he and his family – who left the US for Qatar last October – have decided they want to get paid.

    Clachmed is currently in the USA for the summer “visiting family and friends”.   I’m sure that it’s “just a coincidence” that while he’s “visiting family and friends” here in the USA, his family has also filed suit against his former school district for “violating his civil rights”.

    Yeah, right.  Can you say, “Fishing for a 7-figure settlement?”  Sure.  I knew you could.

    Sheesh.  All things considered, the young man is lucky as hell.  If he’d pulled that stunt in many if not most places in the world and gotten caught there’s a good chance he’d still be in jail – if not dead.

    I hope the judge who gets this case has enough common sense to toss it with prejudice, and sticks the youngster’s family with attorneys’ fees for both sides.  But I’m not holding my breath.

     

  • Sebastian Gregerson, Detroit “survivalist”

    Sebastian Gregerson, Detroit “survivalist”

    Sebastian Gregerson

    There’s this guy in Detroit that the media is calling Sebastian Gregerson, who was arrested for possession of a number of weapons including a stash of grenades. His attorney says that he just a gun enthusiast and an outdoorsman who happens to own grenades and bazookas. He’s 29-years-old and he changed his name after high school to Abdurrahaman Bin Mikaayl when he converted to Islam.

    According to the defense, Gregerson is a longtime gun enthusiast, survivalist and fisherman who has long been interested in military history and watches shows like “Dual Survivors.” He has no criminal record, has worked at Target and Walmart, and took courses at Henry Ford Community College. Sometimes, his lawyer acknowledged, Gregerson makes offensive, “highly inappropriate” and politically incorrect statements.

    […]

    Gregerson also expressed an interest to an undercover agent in buying a so-called Claymore mine — an explosive device that shoots out steel balls up to 110 yards away. Gregerson referred to such mines as “magical pieces of equipment,” she said.

    Reuters reports that Gregerson also owned a number of CDs labeled with Al-Awlaki’s English-language sermons calling for attacks on the United States.

    He sounds perfectly normal to me – who among us hasn’t wished for a magical fishing Claymore mine?

  • Citizen Soldier

    Citizen Soldier

    Citizen Soldier Poster-THEATRICAL

    Someone sent us information on this new film which opened in select theaters yesterday and it’s due to open nationwide August 30th entitled “Citizen Soldier” about the Oklahoma National Guard’s 45th Infantry Brigade Combat Team and their deployment to Afghanistan during the surge there;

    CITIZEN SOLDIER is a dramatic feature film, told from the point of view of a group of Soldiers in the Oklahoma Army National Guard’s 45th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, known since World War II as the “Thunderbirds.” Set in one of the most dangerous parts of Afghanistan at the height of the surge, it is a heart-pounding, heartfelt grunts’ eye-view of the war.

    A modern day Band of Brothers, Citizen Soldier tells the true story of a group of young Soldiers and their life-changing tour of duty in Afghanistan, offering an excruciatingly personal look into modern warfare, brotherhood, and patriotism. Using real footage from multiple cameras, including helmet cams, these Citizen Soldiers give the audience an intimate view into the chaos and horrors of combat and, in the process, display their bravery and valor under the most hellish of conditions.

    Here’s the trailer;

    And one clip from the movie;

  • Syrian refugee surge

    Syrian refugee surge

    Fox News reports that the Obama Administration is on track with their plans to bring 10,000 Syrian refugees into this country – 2,340 came here just last month.

    Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said earlier this week the U.S. is on track to meet the 10,000-refugee goal.

    If the pace from June and July continues this month, the target should be reached with a couple of weeks to spare, before Obama heads to the United Nations to urge world leaders to admit more refugees and increase funding for relief organizations.

    But amid new predictions from FBI Director James Comey of a “terrorist diaspora out of Syria,” some Republicans are ramping up warnings that the flow of refugees poses a threat to America and Western Europe.

    Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Fla., urged President Obama in a letter Thursday to “immediately stop accepting Syrian refugees as a matter of national security.”

    The White House says that it takes about 12-18 months to go through the process to get into the US, and, oh, by the way, it has the John Kerry stamp of approval;

    Secretary of State John Kerry, speaking with reporters during a visit to Buenos Aires, Argentina, said the United States has developed “sufficient methods” of screening would-be refugees.

    “We are very comfortable that we are bringing people in who will be a great plus to our country,” Kerry said.

    Kerry said that “not one event in the United States, of terror” has been committed by a refugee allowed to re-settle in the U.S.

    You know, until the first time there’s an event.

  • Erick Jamal Hendricks arrested for recruiting ISIS cell

    Erick Jamal Hendricks arrested for recruiting ISIS cell

    Erick Jamal Hendricks

    Devtun sends us a link to the story of the arrest of Erick Jamal Hendricks who was trying to recruit a cell of terrorists in North Carolina

    The Justice Department said Hendricks, 35, used social media in his attempts to recruit prospects, but instead was snagged by an undercover FBI employee.

    He allegedly told one prospective recruit that he wanted to create a sleeper cell for attacks in the United States, according to the complaint.

    Potential targets included military members whose information had been released by IS and the woman who organized the “Draw Prophet Mohammad contest,” it alleged.

    According to the Charlotte Observer, Hendricks told his FBI informant friends that he had land in Arkansas where he could train prospective terrorists to fight against the police. He also tried to buy some AK-47s from the informants.

    Until being charged Thursday with providing material support to a foreign terrorist organization, a crime that carries a sentence up to 15 years, Hendricks only had minor traffic infractions on his record.

    It’s also reported that he had no connections to any Mosques or Islamic Centers in the area. He notably had connections to Elton Simpson and Nadir Hamid Soofi who orchestrated the attack in Garland, Texas that ultimately cost them their worthless lives.