Category: Politics

  • Sgt. Maj. Christopher Nelms killed in training accident

    Reported by Yahoo News:

    U.S. Army Special Operations Command, which exercises administrative control of Delta Force, did not announce Nelms’s death, but confirmed it when contacted by Yahoo News. “One service member died as a result of a free-fall training incident on June 27, 2018, in Laurinburg, N.C.,” said Lt. Col. Robert Bockholt, the command spokesman, in an email response to questions from Yahoo News. Nelms “received initial medical treatment for his injuries but unfortunately died at the hospital.”

    Nelms was twice awarded the Silver Star, the military’s third-highest award for valor, during a 28-year Army career that he began as an infantryman before moving to the Army National Guard’s 19th Special Forces Group. He returned to active duty in 2008 and was selected for Delta, with whom he deployed six times to Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.

    Their whole story is HERE and the Army Times Article is HERE

  • Sunday morning feel good stories

    Can you still own a firearm with a straw conviction in California?
    Asking for a friend.

    In other news…

    From Houston, TX

    A pastor of a small church in Houston’s Sunnyside neighborhood was nearly shot when he confronted a burglar.
    It all began around 6:30 a.m. Saturday when the burglary alarm went off at the Faith Missionary Baptist Church on Brinkley Street and Southview Street.
    The pastor says he arrived at the church and surprised a man outside going through stolen stuff.  When the pastor flashed his own gun, the burglary suspect fired at him. During an exclusive interview with ABC13, the pastor says the burglar took off with the hard drive to his surveillance system and now has no video.

    Miller County, MO

    Miller County’s prosecutor says a homeowner was justified when they shot an intruder last week.  The Miller County’s Sheriff’s Office said it happened July 23 at 116 Old Bagnell Road.  Investigators say the intruder entered the residence illegally and started a confrontation with the homeowner, who shot him in the arm.

    The victim was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.  Prosescutor Bin Winrey said information obtained during the investigation showed the homeowner acted within their rights.

  • Residents complain about man’s ‘stolen valor’ image

    They have a video of the event HERE

     

    PITCAIRN, Pa. – Several Pitcairn residents are outraged about a man who they claim displays Marine Corps insignias and says he served overseas but did not actually serve in the armed forces.  Such cases are referred to as “stolen valor” — people who seek attention and sometimes financial benefits based on a false military history.

    A Marine Corps veteran questioned Luis Cruz on video about his apparently contradictory claims of service, and the video began to circulate on social media.  “I’ve seen him with different military uniforms, in Army, Navy … never a full Marine Corps (uniform) on, but veteran T-shirts,” said former Cpl. Matt Ruby, who did serve in Iraq.

    Pitcairn Police Chief Scott Farally confirmed they’ve received complaints about Cruz, and are launching an investigation while getting the Department of Veterans Affairs involved.

    “That he served numerous tours in Iraq,” Farally said. “He actually made it to another individual who bought him food that really thought he was in the military.”

    Channel 11 found Luis Cruz in Pitcairn on Thursday and asked him about the complaints. He said he did indeed serve in the Marines for 15 years, and was stationed in California and then Texas.

    But when we asked him if he served in Iraq, he said no. We showed Cruz the video of him saying he went to Iraq, and asked him why his answer was different.

    “I don’t remember saying that, because I was upset,” he said.

  • PEOPLE ON THE RISE TO COUNTER MIKEY WEINSTEIN

    We have written about Mikey Weinstein and his militant bullying via the legal system for years.  It now seems the effort to stand up to the likes of Mikey and the Military Religious Freedom Foundation is on the rise.   Mikey and his ilk are anything but supportive of religious freedom in the  military.  The ACLJ has begun to push back.  There is a great article over at  christianfighterpilot.com.

    One would hope most military leaders were aware of Mikey Weinstein and his disdain for Christian service members by now (guidance on dealing with Weinstein was published by the Air Force nearly a decade ago), yet there remain some who are blissfully ignorant — and who could therefore use some mentorship from their senior leaders. Then, of course, there are those in the military chain of command who support Weinstein’s bigotry; they could use a bit of “focused” leadership attention, as well.

    The systemic problem with the MRFF has everything to do with Mikey Weinstein.  I firmly believe he is little more than a charlatan who found a niche to get some people whipped up into enough of  an emotional fervor to throw money in his direction.  Even Seth Andrews of thethinkingatheist, who attacked me for trying to bring some balance to his discussion on religion in the military, has recently dimmed his view of Mikey.  He now states that Mikey is no longer his “cup of tea” and how he is a bit too much “in your face”.

    All hucksters like Weinstein paint themselves as the protagonist defending their flock from a generally fictitious and hysterically inflated evil.   It is about time the military and veteran community at large begin to push back.  Jesse Duplantis, the televangelist, says God wants him to have a new jet airplane but at least he is  honest about what he is going to do with  the money.  The bulk of what the MRFF collects goes to Mikey insofar as I can tell.

    Most of our regular readers know I am an ardent Atheist.  However, I will stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone who is having their right to free religious expression trod upon by the likes Mikey Weinstein.  Being an American requires its citizens to stand and defend the right of their neighbor to prose on about that which they themselves have spent a lifetime in opposition.   The notion that I, as an Atheist, have been burdened in anyway by being exposed to the religious expression of others is ludicrous.  I bow my head during public prayer and stand silent out of respect for my brothers with whom I serve.   The vast majority of those I served with were Christians and the finest men I have ever known.

    I have come to believe Mikey Weinstein has crafted his cause to do nothing more than stuff his own pockets by bilking the gullible out  of money.  He and the MRFF do not represent the interests of veterans be they Christian, Muslim, Jew or Atheist.

  • Edward Liroff sentenced for claiming false military service.

    Jonn posted about Edward Liroff here.   Never use a bogus DD214 discharge certificate to apply for anything.  Its like using copy and past to put your picture on a VA card…its just stewped.   Now WPTV  is reporting that Edward has been sentenced.  They have a great video there done by  Tory Dunnan that is definitely worth watching.

    In court, a judge credited him with some of the time he has spent behind bars but he still must serve nine more months in jail.  Liroff apologized and said, “this wasn’t his brightest moment.”

    “My actions, which I thought were for a good reason. To help my family overall,” he said. “I’ve dishonored myself, my sons, my daughters, my family, my country, and veterans everywhere. For that, I am truly sorry,” said Liroff who could barely get through a prepared statement.

    Once he pays back all the money he received from veterans benefits, his one-year probation will be dropped.

    Jerry Klein, an Army Vietnam veteran, who is also a Silver Star recipient, is among those outraged by the case of stolen valor from St. Lucie County.  “There is no excuse whatsoever. If you weren’t in service, don’t fake being in service,” he said.  He has a warning for those who are doing this.

    “The veteran’s community knows,” said Klein. “There is no excuse. None whatsoever. If you weren’t in service, don’t fake being in service.”

    Ahhh, no Eddy… Stealing Valor is no way to help your family.   He still has no clue, its his families fault for depending on him.  Are you serious Eddy?  You have not dishonored your kids dumbass, we don’t hold kids responsible for their father being a fake and a fraud.  I don’t think Eddy is sorry for what he did, I bet anything he would still be doing it if he could get away with it.  He is only sorry he got caught.

  • Bentivolio vs Raczkowski; “Dumb and more Dumber”

    If an individual is going to use their military service to promote themselves or their business in any way; they should be prepared to back up their claims.  This is a case where two Army veterans are posturing and  bloviating over their military careers.  There are reports that Bentivolio made statements about having Bronze Stars, Purple Hearts and a Silver Star from his service in the Viet of Nam.   So the petulant acting Raczkowski decides to question the veracity of Bentivolio’s claims.

     

    Bentivolio sued Raczkowski in May seeking $10 million in damages, alleging that Raczkowski conducted a “malicious defamation campaign” about his military record, including questioning his medals.

    Raczkowski has called the lawsuit frivolous, while maintaining there are credibility issues regarding some of the Vietnam-era medals that Bentivolio has claimed in political campaigns and which Raczkowski investigated.

    Both men are U.S. Army veterans seeking the Republican nomination in next week’s primary election for the in the 11th District, where U.S. Rep. Dave Trott is retiring.

    I checked our email, nobody by the name of Raczkowski has asked us to verify the service of a Bentivolio.  It’s really not all that hard to submit a request.   We could have saved Rocky a whole lot of energy and produced a professionally conducted investigation that  would have stood up in any court.  Why use professional Private Investigators that verify military service every day when you can call someone at Fort Benning and make an ass of yourself.   It does not seem like Rocky Raczkowski is much of a protracted thinker.

    Oh but wait, there is more.

    The Detroit News obtained a partial recording of the 2012 meeting.

    In the recording, Raczkowski tells Bentivolio that he inquired with the Combat Infantryman Badge command office at Fort Benning and was told they had no record of Bentivolio’s Combat Infantryman Badge award.

    Bentivolio says, “My records for my awards for a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts disappeared, too.” Bentivolio adds, “There’s no proof.”

    In the recording, Raczkowski points out that Bentivolio should still have his medical record to show he was wounded, but Bentivolio says that was lost, too.

    Raczkowski later presses him: “So, what happened to the Silver Star?”

    “I never read it. I just know that I was put in for it,” Bentivolio replies in the recording.

    I have some advice for Bentivolio, if an award or in his case three separate Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star and a Silver Star are not in his records how about he STFU about having them.  Bentivolio says he never made any claims to having Purple Hearts and a Silver Star.  Ya, I guess he is attempting to say he was “Put In for Them”.  The great thing about going to Civil Court is the Discovery Process.  In Court you will have to provide your entire Service Record which can be held to the scrutiny of an “Expert” in the field.  It is easy to find a copy of Bentivolio’s DD214, he posted it on his web site.

    I got lots of questions, but I will just point out the low hanging fruit.  Kerry here is going to have to explain how long he was in Iraq.  I am no math wizard but according to his foreign service,  8 months and 6 days minus how long he was in Iraq does not give our boy much time to get 3 Purple Hearts, a Bronze and Silver Star while in the Viet of the Nam.   I am going out on a limb here, but I am guessing Kerry Bentivolio’s records can be used to prove beyond a doubt he was never even considered for all of those awards nor could have he been.

    That’s my opinion and I am sticking to it.

  • Tuesday morning feel good stories

    From Queens, NY 

    Two brothers who woke up to an intruder in their home took matters into their own hands Monday morning, beating the suspected burglar with a baseball bat and stabbing him to death, police said.

    A 26-year-old man allegedly broke into a house around 2:45 a.m. Monday in the St. Albans neighborhood of Queens when he encountered the two brothers, ages 16 and 27, FOX5NYreported.

    At least one of the men reportedly confronted the man, hit him with a baseball bat and stabbed him. It was unclear if one or both brothers were involved in the incident.

    The homeowner, who did not want to be identified, told ABC15 two armed guys stormed in on Saturday.  “I never ever saw these guys before yesterday,” he said.

    The man believes the intruders were looking for money.  “The instigator…he puts a gun to my head and says (it’s) a good day to die, isn’t it?” the man said. The homeowner says he decided to fight back.  “They immediately panicked,” he said. “They didn’t think I was going to resist at all. They underestimated me.”

    At one point, the homeowner says he managed to wrestle away one of the intruder’s guns and shot him.

    “I gave as good as I got to both of them,” he said. “They’re both taller than me, half my age and they had loaded weapons in my home that they brought, and I shot and killed a man with his own gun.”

    The homeowner says the other man, and a woman who was with them escaped out a window.  The Pinal County Sheriff’s Office hasn’t confirmed whose gun the homeowner used, nor provided a motive for the break-in.  Officials say they are now searching for 34-year-old Aaron Nicholas Ryan and 36-year-old Rachel Faye Ryan in connection with the home invasion.

    According to the arrest affidavit, the homeowner was in his office when he heard the alarm go off on his security system. The homeowner said he went to the living room and saw that the door to the garage was open, but thought it was simply blown open by the wind.

    Moments later, he told police that he heard the alarm go off again and ran back to see the door handle begin to twist.

    The homeowner said that he locked the door, grabbed his gun and opened the garage door. At that point, he said that he saw a man run out of the back of the garage into his back yard.

    The affidavit states that the victim followed the alleged suspect, identified as 44-year-old Jared Bennett, and held him at gunpoint.

    When they were in front of the house, the affidavit states that Bennett “began to rise up on his hands,” which is when the homeowner “accidentally fired one round into the grass away from [Bennett.]”

  • Defense Secretary Mattis sending personnel to North Korea

    Defense Secretary Mattis sending personnel to North Korea


    I have seen that look before…something is about to get done.

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. military is “absolutely” considering the possibility of sending personnel to North Korea for the first time in more than a decade to search for additional remains of U.S. troops from the Korean war, U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Friday.

    I ponder several things right off the bat:

    What kind of hysterical hyperbole will the Loony Left come up with to spin a dark side to this?  Is President Trump colluding with Rocket Man to build Time Shares?

    How much would we be  paying for the return of our fallen if  Whats her Name  was running things?  If  That Other Guy sent billions to Iran for…sorry it slips my mind what we paid for, how much would that crowd be willing to pay these days?  Maybe its just me, but it seems all of this winning is taking a toll on Certain People.

    Like him or hate him,  its becoming impossible to not acknowledge the man for accomplishing an awful lot in a short time.  Maybe his button really is bigger…I mean, look at those hands.