Category: Feel Good Stories

  • A Different Kind of Feel Good Story

    The wallet of a U.S. soldier that was lost in 1953 is returned to the man’s daughter in New Hampshire 65 years later, after being found on a construction site in rural France

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6083807/Wallet-lost-decades-ago-finally-returned-soldiers-family.html

    Robert McCusker lost his wallet almost 65 years ago in France

    His bag was stolen as he made his way back to the U.S. after the Korean War

    It was found at a construction site and returned to his family in New Hampshire

    McCusker, a war veteran who served in World War II and Korea, died in 1983

    According to Mr. McCusker’s daughter, he had reported it stolen. It was found recently in the basement of a building in Chatellerault, France, about 185 miles southwest of Paris. Construction workers tossed it out, leaving it on top of a pile of rubbish, where it was spotted by the building’s owner, Patrick Caubet, who noticed the photographs and military documents such as a ration card. Caubet, whose grandfather was injured by a shell during WWII, and whose father had suffered severe burns during the Algerian War, made an effort to find the owner, to no avail, even approaching the Pentagon about it. He finally resorted to contacting a French military office to get help tracking down any family members of McCusker. After a few stumbles, Sharon McCusker Moore confirmed that one of the photographs was of her mother, and the wallet was on its way to her.

    How McCusker lost it is speculation, but his bag/luggage was stolen and his wallet was in the duffel bag, so whoever stole the bag, most likely took whatever cash there was out of the wallet and tossed it aside.

  • Monday morning feel good stories

    From LAKE CHARLES, LA

    A man was shot and killed while breaking into a home on Madeline Street Thursday morning, authorities said.

    When authorities arrived at 603 Madeline St. around 11 a.m., they found a resident unharmed inside the home and a man shot on the floor of a hallway, said Lt. Kevin Kirkum, Lake Charles Police Department spokesman.

    The suspect who was shot, Isaiah William, 23, of Lake Charles, later died at a local hospital.

    Kirkum said Williams and another male were seen going to the back to the home and forced their way in through the back door. Williams was confronted by the resident and shot. The other person, whose identity is unknown, was seen fleeing on foot, running north on Common Street. The other person is described as a black male, wearing black jeans, a gray hoodie and a white t-shirt

    From PHILADELPHIA, MS

    Philadelphia police say two people are dead and two others were shot during an apparent robbery.  Philadelphia Police Chief Grant Myers says police responded to the CEFCO convenience store on Highway 16 around 5:30 p.m. and found two bodies. Myers says a third victim was shot and drove himself to the hospital.

    Police say they located the robbery suspect at a nearby hotel and that he had been shot by a bystander.

    The suspect has been identified as Robert Leon Jackson and is from Jackson. Police say Jackson is expected to be formally charged Monday.

    From Boca Raton, FL 

    THIS HOMEOWNER SAYS HE’S NEVER HAD TO ACTUALLY USE HIS GUN, BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT AFRAID TO USE IT.  THIS WOULD-BE THIEF WAS FROM RIGHT HERE IN BOCA RATON.

    DEPUTIES SAY THE SUSPECT, 45YEARS OLD, HIS NAME IS KEVINMADIGAN.HE BROKE INTO THAT HOME AND STOLE A TV BUT THE HOMEOWNER WAS HOME.  HE’S   A RETIRED TEACHER AND DECIDED TO FIGHTBACK, TAKING MATTERS IN HIS OWNHANDS, GRABBING HIS GUN, WOUNDING THE SUSPECT,  DRIVING OFF ONLY TO CRASH A MILE AWAY.  THROUGH HIS LIVING ROOM WINDOW, NOT WANTING TO SHOW HIS FACE,  HE TOLD REPORTERS HE DID WHAT HEHAD TO DO.  WONDERFUL.  I WISH MORE PEOPLE WOULD DOTHAT.  IT’SICULOUS THE PEOPLE THATBREAK INTO HOMES AND THINK THEYCAN GET AWAY WITH IT.

     

  • Sunday morning feel good stories

    Sunday morning feel good stories

    From Pensacola, FL

    A Milton man was killed early Saturday morning in what police believe may have been a self-defense homicide.  The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office responded to the shooting around 7:20 a.m. in the 5500 block of Sweet Memory Lane, where Milton man Jeffrey Troy Pernicka, 32, was pronounced dead and another adult male was taken in for questioning.

    SRSO said in a press release Saturday afternoon that after initial investigation it appears the man who shot Pernicka was acting in self-defense.

    Police believe there was a domestic altercation between two adult members of the same family that led to the firearm being used.  The male who fired the shots was taken to hospital with serious injuries, according to SRSO.

    From SAN ANTONIO, TX

    A business owner shot a homeless man during an altercation early Saturday morning on the city’s West Side, San Antonio police said.  The shooting occurred just before 6 a.m. in the 700 block of San Fernando Street.

    Police said the homeless person was sleeping outside of the business when the owners woke him up and asked him to leave.

    The owners then got into a fight with the person. Police said at some point, one of the business owners pulled out a gun and shot the homeless person in the leg.

    The victim was taken to the hospital and the business owners were questioned by police. No charges had been filed as of Saturday morning.

  • Saturday morning feel good stories.

    Saturday morning feel good stories.

    From Detroit, MI 

    A Roseville pawn shop was the spot of an attempted smash-and-grab burglary early Thursday morning, but the theft was stopped by an armed store employee who shot back and scared the suspects off, police said.

    It was about 5:20 a.m. when a large vehicle, believed to be a pickup truck, drove into the glass windows at the front of Motor City Pawn, which is on the 26500 block of Gratiot.

    A pickup truck, a tan 2007 GMC four-door, pulls up past the entrance to store, then backs into it. Three men get out; one rushes ahead, two others stay back a bit. Within seconds, all three men, fleeing gunfire, pile back into the pickup, and it flees from the scene.

    Police believe that two or three men were in the truck; one of them entered the store through the hole the truck created, but soon encountered an employee, who was armed and fired at two shots at the intruder.

    The suspect fled, and the truck drove off north on Gratiot. Nothing was ultimately taken from the building.

    From Redding,CA

    A man shot and killed another man yesterday in Redding after the victim was allegedly attacking him and an infant baby he was holding.

    Travis William Hutchinson, 31, of Tehama County, was helping a girlfriend’s cousin study for a math test when a man already at the residence got into a fight with several other individuals that were at the house. The men fighting left the house after the homeowner threatened to call police and continued to fight outside.

    Hutchinson stepped out onto the porch to try to convince the men to stop fighting, but it made one of the men angry and he then started to attack Hutchinson. He charged Hutchinson and began striking him in the head and face while he was holding an infant. During the attack, the infant slipped out of his hands, but he was able to catch the baby before it struck the concrete porch in front of the residence. Hutchinson continued to be attacked by the man.

    Hutchinson – who was armed with a concealed handgun and is a lawful concealed weapons holder – fired one round at the man, stopping the attack.

    The decedent was struck in the chest and pronounced dead at the scene. Police noted later that the decedent has a lengthy criminal history and was a registered sex offender. Hutchinson gave a statement to the police that was consistent with the information provided by witnesses of the shooting and was ultimately released. Hutchinson received minor injuries and the infant was not injured.

  • Another One Leaves Us….

    Briefly, Ray Emory, a survivor of the attack on Pearl Harbor, passed away in a hospital in Boise, ID, with family members present.

    https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/08/21/pearl-harbor-survivor-who-pushed-identify-unknowns-dies.html

    “Chief Emory fought back that day, manning his machine gun, taking on enemy planes,” Rear Adm. Brian Fort, commander, Navy Region Hawaii and Naval Surface Group Middle Pacific, said at the ceremony honoring Emory. “He continued to fight on throughout the War in the Pacific. He and his buddies, with help from the home front, helped create an unprecedented era of peace, stability and prosperity. Victory at the end of World War II was Ray’s finest hour.”

    During the attack on Pearl Harbor, Emory managed to fire a few rounds at the airplanes that dropped the torpedoes. He still had an empty bullet casing that fell to his ship deck.

    Chief Emory pushed the VA and the government to identify the remains of servicemen from the USS Oklahoma, who were buried as “unknowns” in a national cemetery in Hawaii. He met with rebuff and was sometimes told where to go, but he stuck to his guns and insisted that at least one casket be exhumed and the remains identified. His doing so started the ball rolling on the DPAA’s current project to identify the missing from WWII on up through Vietnam.

    Fair winds and following seas, Chief. See you on the other side.

  • Friday morning feel good stories

    From TULSA COUNTY, OK

    The homeowner told deputies he was alerted by movement on his security cameras and saw two men trying to break into his storage unit with a blow torch. The homeowner ran out and yelled at the men. He noticed one of the suspects had a gun on them, so he fired shots at them.

    Deputies say the suspects tried to escape in a stolen vehicle, but the homeowner blew out one of the tires. The suspects got out of the vehicle and ran away.

    TCSO says the homeowner thinks he shot one of the men.

    From COOPER CITY, FL

    Cooper City Woman Chases, Shoots At Car Burglars.  Ring video shows a shadowy figure trying to get into a car in Cooper City then running off. Moments later that person may have tried again, choosing the wrong house.  He was confronted by a federal agent with Customs and border protection — and she was armed.

    “I just woke up to some sounds,” said neighbor Laura Cook, “I didn’t know what a gunshot sounded like, it was just 3 quick pops and it thought I was dreaming it.”

    It was no dream. BSO tells us the federal agent and suspect exchanged gunfire. “After 5am a woman was exiting her home when she encountered a car burglar, she interrupted a car burglary,” explained BSO Spokeswoman Joy Oglesby. “There was a brief foot chase and the suspect turned and shot at her, she returned fire.”

    Deputies took someone into custody.

    From Fountain, CO

    Police said an armed citizen stopped a knife-welding Mexican National on Monday who threatened a Greyhound busload of passengers and caused the bus to crash.

    The Gazette identifies the Mexican National as 47-year-old Edmundo Arellanes-Audelo and indicates the bus crashed in Fountain, Colorado.

    The Denver Post quotes Fountain Police saying, “[Arellanes-Audelo] gained access into the secured area of the bus and attempted to attack the driver while purposely grabbing the steering wheel.” The crash followed, after which Arellanes-Audelo exited through one of the bus windows in an attempt to escape.

    He was confronted by an armed citizen who ordered him to drop the knife. Arellanes-Audelo complied and the citizen held him at gunpoint until the police arrived.

    Passengers reported only minor injuries from the crash.

    Arellanes-Audelo is facing “charges of felony menacing with a weapon, assault, reckless endangerment, felony criminal mischief and hindering public transportation.”

  • Thursday morning feel good stories

    Thursday morning feel good stories

    From IRON TOWN, Utah

    Alleged intruder shot after breaking into home with ‘Smith & Wesson’ sign posted outside

    An elderly couple in southern Utah shot an intruder, but the fight didn’t stop there, according to KSTU.  Investigators say the man then stripped naked and confronted deputies.

    “I saw the sheriff deputy come up on a pickup and he was coming at me like he was shot out of a cannon,” Enz said.   The Iron County Sheriff’s Office had received a call for a burglary in process in Iron Town. Deputies say 24-year-old Christian Holbert kicked down the door of the house and confronted the couple inside. “They are a little bit elderly, they do have some disabilities,” Lt. Del Schlosser said.  Elderly but not defenseless.

    A sign at the home reads, “Smith and Wesson spoken here.”

    “They did fear for their lives and they did shoot at him,” Lt. Schlosser said.  After being shot several times, investigators say Holbert stripped naked, walked out of the home and confronted four deputies. “Taser was used multiple times” Lt. Schlosser said. “He did not respond to that but the deputies were able to subdue him.”

    After a medical helicopter took Holbert to Dixie Regional Medical Center in serious condition, Iron Town returned to quiet.  “Things happen and you just have to hope they don’t happen to you,” Enz said.  The homeowners were not hurt, and deputies say they were within their rights to defend their lives.  Investigators think Holbert was on some kind of drugs that allowed him to keep going despite being shot and tased.

    From BROKEN ARROW, OK

    Broken Arrow police are investigating after an attempted home invasion led to a shooting Wednesday morning.

    The incident was reported in the 2700 block of West Natchez at about 10:20 a.m.    Police said a homeowner heard a noise coming from the back of their house, and grabbed a gun before checking it out. The homeowner saw a broken window and a woman, who had a gun and a hammer, trying to get inside the home. The homeowner fired shots at the suspect, and was unsure if the suspect was hit.

    The suspect was last seen driving away in an older model dark-colored sedan.

    BOLO

    I am still asking that people BOLO for Shawn Christy.  The Feds have jumped a finders fee to $20,000.  Please contact me if you see this guy, I will not share any of the money with you but you will have the satisfaction of knowing that I pissed it away on women and whiskey.  Thank you for your support.

     

  • Monday morning feel good stories.

    Monday morning feel good stories.

    From Cobb County, GA 

    A shootout between three alleged robbers and their victims in Vinings left one suspect in the hospital Saturday night, according to Cobb Police.  According to the department, two armed men entered an apartment at WestHaven Apartments at 3100 Paces Station Ridge, which is off Cumberland Parkway south of Paces Ferry Road.

    Police said the men robbed 28-year-old Juan Dolcine of Miami and two unidentified victims while a third waited in the car as a getaway driver. During the robbery, the two unidentified victims began shooting at the suspects. The suspects returned fire before leaving the scene in their vehicle.

    Officers found the suspects’ vehicle near Mableton Parkway and apprehended all three suspects. Two of the suspects were detained while the third, who had been shot during the earlier exchange of gunfire with the victims, was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital. His condition was not immediately available.

    The three suspects, who are all from Miami, were identified as 33-year-old Bobby Pierre-Louis, 29-year-old Jean Therezie, and 32-year-old Cory Saintit. All three have been charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault.

    The police did not reveal which man had been shot, but Saintit was the only suspect whose booking report had not yet been entered into the Cobb County Sheriff’s Department as of Sunday morning. Pierre-Louis and Therezie are being held with no bond.