Author: Jonn Lilyea

  • Earl Woolery; walting in Canada

    Earl Woolery; walting in Canada

    Our partners at Stolen Valor – Canada shared their work on this fellow, Earl Woolery who claims that he served in Desert Storm as a Cavalry Scout. He was a Staff Sergeant serving in an amored cavalry unit but he wasn’t in Desert Storm, unless Lincoln, Nebraska was threatened by Saddam Hussein;

    Mr Woolery was assigned to an Army Reserve Unit that didn’t deploy to Desert Storm;

  • Tuesday morning feel good stories

    Tuesday morning feel good stories

    From Worcester, Massachusetts;

    When the homeowner saw the man walk into his yard, he said he got a handgun and went outside to confront him, police said. While escorting the man off his property, witnesses said they heard the man threaten to shoot the homeowner and reach for his waistband, prompting him to open fire.

    The man who was shot, later identified as Zackery Bailey, was taken to the hospital with two non-life-threatening gunshot wounds. While at the hospital, officers found out that Bailey had an outstanding arrest warrant for his arrest on a breaking and entering charge.

    The homeowner, who is a licensed gun owner, was interviewed at police headquarters and treated at the hospital for injuries sustained in the fight.

    From Sterling Heights, Michigan;

    According to police, the victim had arrived home from work and let his dog outside to relieve itself when he was approached by an unknown man who stuck a gun in his face.

    The intruder forced the man back into the house. When the two were inside, the intruder struck the man in the face with the gun.

    Police said the intruder then grabbed a pillow case and stuffed it with several of the victim’s items, including jewelry and a cell phone. He also grabbed the victim’s car keys and went outside toward the victim’s Jeep.

    The victim, who police said has a license to carry a concealed pistol, ran to his closet to retrieve his handgun.

    As the intruder fled in the victim’s Jeep, the victim fired several shots, striking the vehicle. One of the gunshots crashed through another resident’s bedroom window, but the occupant was not struck.

    The bloodied victim received medical attention for minor injuries.

  • David Santini; fraud in UK

    David Santini; fraud in UK

    Posers aren’t only in the US. The Nottingham Post reports that David Santini was in court today to answer to charges that he had illicitly collected donations from locals to the tune of £5,000 (about $6875.07). The court ordered that he surrender £725 (£517.95 in his pocket and £207.11 in his bank acccount) or face another month in jail.

    He was pretending to collect donations for Help for Heroes;

    When Santini was sentenced the court was told that when he was challenged he was unable to produce an Armed Forces identity card.

    It was later discovered that he previously served in the Army but received a dishonourable discharge in 1983.

    According to the article, Santini is no stranger to incarceration;

    The court heard Santini has a string of previous convictions for dishonesty, and in January 2000 was jailed for two-and-a-half years at Bradford Crown Court for five offences of theft and deception where he targeted vulnerable women and pretended to be a serving soldier.

    On one occasion Santini claimed he needed money to buy himself out of the Army and flee the country, and on another Santini said he needed cash to give to fellow soldiers.

    Santini, 56, of North Drove, Quadring, near Spalding, had pleaded guilty to two charges of fraud between June and October 2014 and a further charge of theft from Mrs Taylor.

  • Swedes thwart terrorist plot

    Reuters reports that Swedish police thwarted a terrorist plot this morning;

    Swedish police arrested three people on Monday on suspicion of preparing to commit terrorist crimes and took in several more for questioning after raids in northern Sweden and the Stockholm area, the security police said.

    It added there were no indications that any attack was planned for the next few days.

    “Preparations for the suspected crime have been ongoing for some time,” the security police said.

    The terrorist threat level remained unchanged at three on a scale of five.

    Last month, President Trump said that Sweden had problems with immigrants and with Middle East terrorists, which Swedish politicians denied.

  • Ronny Jackson won’t return to old job

    Ronny Jackson won’t return to old job

    Politico reports that Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson won’t return to his job as the President’s personal physician after the manufactured dust-up from Montana Senator Jon Tester and allegations from CNN which caused Jackson to withdraw his name from consideration for the job as director of the Department of Veteran Affairs;

    Sean Conley, a Navy officer who took over Jackson’s role as the president’s personal doctor last month, will continue in the role, the officials said.

    Jackson bowed out last week after Montana Sen. Jon Tester, the top Democrat on the Veterans’ Affairs Committee, released a document summarizing allegations by current and former colleagues that Jackson overprescribed pills, drank on the job and created a hostile work environment. Jackson has denied the allegations and has returned to work in the White House Medical Unit.

    President Donald Trump has continued defending Jackson, with whom he formed a tight personal bond.

    Hey, Tester;

    via GIPHY

    via GIPHY

  • Monday morning feel good stories

    Monday morning feel good stories

    From Raleigh, North Carolina;

    Police said around 2:40 p.m., a victim heard a noise near their garage and went to see what was going on. The victim was met by a suspect who was attempting to pry open the garage door with a crowbar.

    When the suspect attempted to attack the victim, police said the victim shot at the suspect, who then fled on foot.

    Police said it’s unknown whether the victim [or the suspect, depending on your point of view] was struck by gunfire.

    Also from Raleigh;

    According to police, a 28-year-old man attempted to rob a woman in front of a bar on Thursday.

    WTVD-TV reports, the 23-year-old fired her weapon to keep the man from attacking her. He was later identified as Jonathan Tyrone Peace.

    He sustained a non life-threatening gunshot wound to the chest.

    The woman stayed on scene until police arrived.

    “So I went down there and talked to the young lady. I asked her was she all right,” said witness Lavern Robinson. “She said yes. She said she was walking down the street, he came up and approached her. They started a conversation, and he grabbed the pocketbook and somehow – ain’t no somehow – she shot him.”

  • Gregory Issac Tambone; phony veteran

    Gregory Issac Tambone; phony veteran

    Someone sent us their work on this Gregory Issac Tambone fellow. He’s the owner of Bone Tactical which sells edged weapons and does security work and training. The industry thinks that Bone Tactical is a veteran-owned business;

    Mr Tambone has a past that would preclude any military service. For example he was arrested in Florida in 2005;

    Oquine Joseph, 20, was a passenger in the car that authorities say was driven by Gregory Tambone, who is accused of shooting Brent Sielaff, 24, at the Shell station in the 5300 block of U.S. 41. The home-invasion robbery happened in the 2800 block of 51st Avenue Terrace West.

    A person who saw the shooting recognized that a woman in the shooter’s car was wearing a necklace stolen during the robbery, according to sheriff’s reports. Joseph said he was with Sielaff, 18, and his friends during the robbery, authorities said.

    Ten years later, he was charged with rape in Salt Lake City;

    A bouncer at a Salt Lake City bar charged in 2016 with raping a woman has been arrested in Florida and returned to Utah.

    Gregory Tambone, 31, of Bradenton, Florida, was charged with rape, a first-degree felony, in April of 2016. He used to work as a bouncer at The Hotel, 155 W. 200 South.

    In August of 2015, a woman said “she and some friends were out celebrating at a local bar” when “she went to The Hotel bar where she met with defendant Gregory I. Tambone where he works as a bouncer,” according to charging documents.

    The two had met a month earlier and exchanged numbers, the charges state.

    “As she was leaving the bar, Tambone asked (her) if she wanted a private tour of the building before she left,” according to court documents.

    When they got to an upper level, Tambone removed the woman’s clothes “and forced her to engage in sexual intercourse with him” despite multiple pleas from the woman of “stop” and “no,” the charges state.

    An arrest warrant for Tambone was issued on April 25, 2016. His initial appearance in court in Salt Lake was scheduled for Tuesday.

    The National Personnel Records Center says “Who?”