Author: Jonn Lilyea

  • Keith Barnes; squatch hunter

    Keith Barnes; squatch hunter

    One of our ninjas send us a story about Keith Barnes who told authorities in Arkansas that he was employed by the US government’s Interior Department to track and record Big Foot movements. The Interior Department responded that he doesn’t work for them and that no job exists;

    During the criminal impersonation investigation, the sheriff’s office received an anonymous tip that Barnes had child pornography.

    According to the news release, “sufficient evidence” was found, and Barnes was arrested Tuesday on a charge of possessing or viewing matter depicting sexually explicit conduct involving a child.

    He was released from jail after posting $50,000 bond, authorities say, and is scheduled to appear in court June 18.

  • Peter Edward Karpovich III; phony Marine Recon sniper

    Peter Edward Karpovich III; phony Marine Recon sniper

    Our partners at Military Phonies share their work on this Peter Edward Karpovich fellow. He claims to be a former Marine Corps Force Recon and a sniper;

    The Marine Corps only remembers that he served for 60 days, not even completing Boot Camp, let alone Recon and sniper training;

    He wasn’t even ninja enough to get away with Food Stamp fraud;

    It doesn’t look like he suffered much or missed any meals without food stamps.

  • Thursday morning feel good stories

    Thursday morning feel good stories

    From Fort Oglethorpe, Tennessee;

    Fort Oglethorpe Police say the story began at the Wash Daze Coin Laundry, at 1868 Old Lafayette Road, shortly before dawn.

    The citizen recognized [Shaun] Sisk as the Walgreens robbery suspect from last week, called police, and tried to keep Sisk from getting away.

    But police say Sisk did get away. But not before the citizen fired his weapon. A release from the FOPD says, “The confrontation resulted in the citizen firing two shots from their personal firearm at Mr. Sisk, while during the incident the citizen perceived they were endangered by Mr. Sisk’s actions.”

    Sisk then drove north, crossing into Tennessee, and crashing his car at that home on Frawley Road.

    Other police departments from East Ridge and Chattanooga picked up the investigation there. Officers stayed on the scene for several hours.

    Sisk was taken to the hospital, and released with non-life-threatening wounds several hours later. He was then booked on several charges in several jurisdictions.

    From Clearlake, California;

    Just after 11:50 p.m. Monday Clearlake Police Officers responded to a mobile home unit inside of Southshore Mobile Home Park, located at 5725 Old Highway 53, on a report that an unknown male suspect was banging on the home’s windows, was trying to get inside the home and claiming to own property inside, Joseph said.

    While en route to the call, dispatch received updated information that an unnamed adult male resident of the home claimed to have shot at the suspect and that the suspect had since fled the residence on foot, according to Joseph.

    Joseph said that the suspect, identified as Montes, walked to a residence in the 5500 block of Cottage Avenue, where he was contacted by police and medical personnel.

    Montes, who Joseph said was suffering from a single gunshot wound to his lower abdomen, was transported by ambulance to Adventist Health Clear Lake before he was taken by helicopter to an out-of-county trauma center.

    In a late Tuesday night update Joseph said Montes was still hospitalized in stable condition and is expected to survive his injuries.

    The resident who shot Montes, whose name is being withheld, was in lawful possession of the firearm which has been seized pursuant to this investigation, Joseph said.

    Joseph said physical evidence located and uninvolved witness statements tend to support the resident’s claim that he fired in self defense to protect the lives of he and his wife, who was also at home at the time of the incident.

    From Newark, New Jersey;

    An attempted robber is in custody after being shot by an off-duty cop in a Newark barber shop, Essex County Prosecutor’s Office officials said Wednesday.

    The officer was a customer at a barber shop in the 400 block of Orange Street Tuesday when the incident occurred just after 9 p.m., officials said.

    An attempted robbery, armed with a handgun, went into the barber shop when the off-duty cop fired his weapon, according to officials.

    The injured attempted robber fled and was pursued by officers responding to the robbery, officials said.

    The person was apprehended, and a gun recovered, a “short time later” in the 1100 block of McCarter Highway, more than a mile from the barber shop.

    The attempted robbery is being treated for the gunshot wound, which was described as non-life threatening, officials said.

  • Americans in North Korean prisons near release

    Americans in North Korean prisons near release

    The Washington Times reports that three Americans held in North Korean prisons are preparing for their release;

    The three Americans — Kim Dong Chul, Kim Hak-song and Kim Sang Duk, also known as Tony Kim — were released from a North Korean labor camp and sent to Pyongyang for medical treatment, the Financial Times reported.

    Though out of the brutal labor camp, the men remain in the grasp of Mr. Kim’s regime.

    They currently are believed to be convalescing in a hotel outside Pyongyang…National Security Adviser John R. Bolton had called for the release of the detainees, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo reportedly raised the issue during secret face-to-face talks with Mr. Kim last month in Pyongyang.

    The UK’s Daily Mail speculates that their release will be a hand-off to President Trump personally when the leaders meet;

    Trump had also stressed that their return remained a priority and that his administration was ‘fighting very diligently to get the three Americans back’.

    ‘We have been talking about them. We are negotiating now,’ Trump said at a joint press conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

    Now, how about the Americans held in Iran?

  • C-130 crashes in Savannah, Georgia

    C-130 crashes in Savannah, Georgia

    According to the Savannah Morning News 5 people have been killed in the crash of a C-130 military transport aircraft;

    A C-130 Hercules cargo plane from Puerto Rico Air National Guard has crashed near the intersection of Ga. 21 and Crossgate Road in Savannah.

    Effingham County Sheriff spokeswomen Gena Bilbo says the intersection of Ga. 21 and Crossgate Road could be closed for weeks as agencies document the wreck site.

    The accident occurred about 11:21 a.m., she said.

    “We know that it was a non-local C-130 jet that crashed, she said. “It’s a huge impact to Hwy. 21 and Dean Forest Road. Power has been cut to the area. ”

    The crash left jet fuel across the highway as caused small fires on the sides of the road.

    From NWF Daily News;

    Capt. Jeff Bezore, a spokesman for the Georgia Air National Guard’s 165th Air Wing, said the crash killed at least five people. He said he couldn’t say how many people in total were on the plane when it crashed around 11:30 a.m.

    The Air Force said the plane belonged to the 156th Air Wing out of Puerto Rico, and Puerto Rico National Guard Spokesman Maj. Paul Dahlen told The Associated Press that all those aboard were Puerto Ricans who had recently left the U.S. territory for a mission on the U.S. mainland. He said initial information indicated there were five to nine people aboard the plane, which was heading to Arizona.

  • Matt Lynch Tory candidate in limbo over veteran claims

    Matt Lynch Tory candidate in limbo over veteran claims

    According to BBC, Conservative candidate Matt Lynch claimed to have been in the paratroopers for 12 years and claimed to be a veteran of the Falkland War, but actual veterans deny that he was there.

    [Steven Flynn who served with the 3rd Parachute Regiment in the Falklands War] made his own inquiries with former servicemen and said: “To this day no one knows of him [Lynch].

    “It’s an insult to most people and their families. There were men who died on Mount Longdon who never saw their newborn baby. It’s an insult to them.”

    A Conservative Party spokesman said: “Matthew Lynch has been suspended pending an investigation.”

    His name will still appear on the ballot papers in the St Helen’s ward, as the latest date for withdrawal has now passed.

    Lynch hasn’t responded to BBC’s request for an interview – the election is scheduled for tomorrow.

  • Officer Arcangelo Liberatore saving the world

    Officer Arcangelo Liberatore saving the world

    Guy sends us a link to the story of Irvington police Officer Arcangelo Liberatore who was at the park with his kids when a coyote attacked a 5-year-old, “like a cheetah” according to the girl’s mother Kasey King-Petrellese. After making his own kids safe, Officer Liberatore intervened in the coyote’s nefarious intentions;

    Irvington police officer Arcangelo Liberatore said he mounted the coyote and had his hands around its neck.

    “I just sat and tried to squeeze the life out of it, but it was pretty resilient,” he said.

    Liberatore sat on the out-of-control creature until Mount Pleasant police arrived and shot it.

    From Fox News;

    Liberatore had a bandage on his arm Monday, according to the Journal News.

    “I was telling my wife, I’m just wired differently than most people, I think,” he said. “I run toward danger.”

  • PX ends sales of Chinese cell phones

    According to Stars & Stripes, the military exchange system is yanking all Huawei and ZTE cellphones and related items from their shelves because the electronics pose a security problem for the US government;

    In February, the director of national intelligence, along with the heads of the CIA, FBI, National Security Agency, Defense Intelligence Agency and National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency all testified before a Senate committee that Americans should not use Huawei or ZTE products because of security concerns.

    Huawei, the world’s largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer, is a private company started by a former People’s Liberation Army officer. U.S. intelligence officials say the company has very close ties to China’s government.

    FBI Director Christopher Wray testified that Huawei products give the Chinese government the ability to gather or alter sensitive corporate and military information undetected.

    The concern about Huawei first focused on routers, switches and other high-bandwidth commercial products; it later expanded to consumer mobile phones. They are already banned for official government use in most cases.

    Spokesmen for Huawei have denied that their equipment causes a security risk, but that’s what I’d expect them to say.

    ZTE was sanctioned by the U.S. government for violating trade embargoes by sending U.S.-made components to Iran inside its devices. Huawei is currently the subject of a similar investigation by the Justice Department.