Author: Jonn Lilyea

  • Kaitlin Marie and gun control advocates

    Kaitlin Marie and gun control advocates

    Ohio State grad Kaitlin Marie posted this on her Twitter account;

    She got responses like this one from the gun control snowflakes, reinforcing her need for the Second Amendment;

    There are more examples of this unwarranted hatred at Liberty Hangout.

  • Nonprofit to wear clothing other than military uniforms

    NBC Miami reports that a nonprofit organization, the Veterans and Patriots Citadel Incorporated, in reaction to charges of “Stolen Valor” has announced that they won’t be panhandling for donations in military uniforms.

    The change comes after the Miami-Dade County Commissioner’s Military Affairs Board sent a warning to the public, urging them to help veterans organizations but to also properly vet people collecting funds.

    The move comes after a former U.S. Marine confronted men in military-style uniforms asking for money at a Miami intersection in an alleged case of “Stolen Valor.”

    That’s as it should be – the military uniform isn’t a costume for hobos. No real veteran would think that it’s OK to shake a tin cup while wearing a military uniform.

  • Waffle House victim sues gunman’s dad

    Associated Press reports that the family of Joe Perez, a victim of the shooting at a Waffle House restaurant in Nashville, Tennessee has filed a lawsuit against Jeffrey Reinking, the father of the gunman;

    Police say Travis Reinking had displayed signs of mental illness before his Illinois gun card was revoked last summer. His guns were transferred to his father, but police say the father returned them to his son at some point.

    Investigators say one of the guns, an AR-15, was used in the April 22 attack at a Waffle House.

    Through his lawyer, Jeffrey Reinking declined to comment Tuesday.

    In this case, I believe that the father does indeed share responsibility since he wanted to be his son’s buddy more than he wanted to be a responsible citizen.

  • Diomonte Demetrius Jean in the news

    Diomonte Demetrius Jean in the news

    Last year we wrote about Diomonte Demetrius Jean who pretended to be an Air Force PJ. He made the news in Florida this week when he was caught on Homestead Air Reserve Base pretending to be an airman

    Jean’s godmother says he has pretended to be in the military for years, worn fatigues and even talked about going off to training.

    Brian Entin: “Is he believable?”

    Talmecia Minnis: “Very. Very convincing.”

    She says the latest incident took things to another level.

    Talmecia Minnis: “It’s escalating bad. Very bad.”

    Last year, Jean was arrested in Florida City for openly carrying a gun that was reported stolen. In his arrest report, an officer wrote Jean said he got the gun from a “friend” when they “…were shooting in the military base.”

    And, in a court document, Jean listed his address as “Homestead Air Reserve Base.”

    We found Diomonte Jean at a house in Florida City.

    Brian: “Diomonte Jean?” (Jean shakes his head no.)

    At first he denied who he was — but then agreed to talk.

    Brian Entin: “How were you able to get on the base?”

    Diomonte Jean: “How was I able to get on the base?”

    Brian Entin: “Yeah, not being in the military. How were you able to sneak on the base?”

    Diomonte Jean: “Civil Air Patrol.”

    His latest Facebook page says he works for an Air Force ROTC detachment;

    I’m guessing that he will never stop until he gets shot for forcing his way on base.

  • Wednesday morning feel good stories

    Wednesday morning feel good stories

    From Lake Worth, Florida;

    The homeowner said he saw [Christopher] Mouassite holding a flashlight on the second floor of his home. He then shot Mouassite to “defend himself as well as his wife and daughter,” a deputy wrote in the report.

    When deputies arrived, the homeowner was chasing Mouassite behind his home, according to a sheriff’s office report. Deputies arrested Mouassite when spontaneously he said “It’s all a mistake, I went into the wrong house,” a deputy wrote.

    Mouassite had a gunshot wound to his right arm and was taken to JFK Medical Center for treatment. He later was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and is being held on $30,000 bond.

    Deputies said in the report the homeowner was in well-founded fear that Mouassite was inside his home to commit a crime or hurt his family.

    Court records show Mouassite was out on bond from a March arrest on drug-related charges.

    From Altamonte Springs, Florida;

    The victim said she was on her way to her car just before the intrusion, but she turned around when she noticed that she had left her phone at home. She said her 13-year-old son and a female relative were the only ones in the house at the time.

    Afraid for her safety, the unarmed victim said she wrestled with one of the men until he dropped the firearm. They eventually ran out of the house, with one firing shots, but missing on his way out. No injuries were reported.

    “I noticed that the guy started getting nervous — his fingers getting crazy on the trigger. And I just disarmed it. I just completely took out the magazine from the AK,” the woman said. “They just didn’t know I was going to fight back. That’s what they didn’t know.”

    Police in Altamonte Springs, located about 10 miles north of Orlando, arrested Angel Delgado Santiago, 30, and Jorge Montanez, 17, on robbery charges in connection with the invasion, according to WFTV.

    From Miami, Florida;

    Authorities say a Florida man was fatally shot while trying to rob three people.

    The Miami Herald reports that the shooting occurred Saturday night.

    Miami police say 24-year-old Francisco Martinez Jr. managed to drive about two blocks away from the scene of the confrontation before losing control and ending up in a yard.

    Miami Fire Rescue took Martinez to a nearby trauma center, where he was eventually pronounced dead.

    From Springdale, Arkansas because Florida can’t get all of the attention;

    Police arrived to find a 21-year-old lying on the sidewalk with multiple gunshot wounds, according to the release. The man was transported to Northwest Medical Center, where he died from his injuries, authorities said.

    The person who initially called police about a burglary said he heard someone beating on the door of his apartment and didn’t get an answer when he asked who was there. A male and female then kicked in the door and entered the home, prompting the resident to fire a handgun he was armed with, the release states.

    The male collapsed on the sidewalk, while the female reportedly fled in a silver passenger car.

  • Army snipers at USMC Scout Sniper Course

    Army snipers at USMC Scout Sniper Course

    Sergeant Clinton Scanlon and Sergeant Bryce Fox were offered an opportunity to attend the Marine Corps’ Scout Sniper Course, according to DVIDS, and the Army-trained snipers made an expected good showing, you know, given their level of expertise in the field;

    Although the Soldiers had to adapt to the way Marine snipers operated, it didn’t stop them from being the best in the class.

    “I scored the highest point average on the ten graded stalks we do,” said Fox. “Stalking is when you put grass, leaves and any natural vegetation around you on your body and then you sneak up [on a target] using individual movement techniques. You take a shot without being seen and then you shoot again. The [instructors] do a walking sequence to try and lock on you. If you don’t get found, you pass.”

    Scanlon graduated the class as “high shooter” for scoring the best overall score on the rifle ranges.

    “We did go through U.S. Army Sniper School so I think we definitely had a leg up on some of the fresh Marines right out of the fleet,” said Scanlon. “It was clear that everyone here knew what they were doing and the instructors were able to get the guys here shooting very well.”

    Both soldiers enjoyed working alongside Marines and look forward to future opportunities to train together.

  • Ron Worthey gets his time in the spotlight

    Ron Worthey gets his time in the spotlight

    Last week, we busted Ron Worthey for lying about special forces service in Vietnam, this week he gets the fame and attention that he wanted from his local media at WAOW;

    WAOW – Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

    The Wausau-based veterans group Souls of Honor is disbanding, following fraud accusations of its former president Ronald Worthey.

    According to watchdog group Guardians of the Green Beret, Worthey lied about serving in Vietnam, having a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts.

    Military records show he served stateside and didn’t receive those awards.

    The now standing president of Souls of Honor said he is working on forming a new group with a similar mission. He wants to reassure veterans in the community that although the Souls of Honor won’t exist in the same capacity it once did, the group will still be there to support Wisconsin veterans.

    If you hoped that Worthey is different from other phonies;

    Worthey could not be reached for comment Monday.

  • Heath Sommer; contracted psychologist jailed for sexual abuse and rape

    Bobo sends us a link to MSN which reports that Heath Sommer a contracted civilian psychologist working for the Air Force at Travis Air Force base is getting acquainted with his new roommates at the Stanton Correctional Facility in Fairfield, California. Using a technique that is called “exposure therapy”, Sommer treated his clients with rape and sexual abuse to cure their PTSD;

    CBS Sacramento says the alleged abuse occurred between 2010 and 2016, and that Sommer faces charges including sexual battery, rape, and oral copulation. It was not clear how many alleged victims there were, or how many of them were already victims of sexual abuse before they sought treatment at the Air Force base.

    In a statement released by Travis Air Force Base, spokesperson Traci Keller confirmed that the U.S. Air force had contracted Sommer to work at the base’s David Grant Medical Center, but said he was “no longer employed there.”

    To avoid his own “exposure therapy” treatment in the correctional facility, Heath needs to pony up $750,000 in bail money.