Author: Jonn Lilyea

  • Monday morning feel good stories

    Monday morning feel good stories

    From Miami, Florida;

    A 24-year-old man’s attempt at robbing three people Saturday night ended with him shot dead and his car crashed, cops say.

    Miami police identified the man Sunday morning as Francisco Martinez Jr.

    Investigators say Martinez was shot when he tried to rob three people at Northwest 22nd Avenue and 28th Street.

    His car wound up in a front yard two blocks away, grill-to-porch with a house at 3034 NW 22nd Ave. That’s where police found Martinez when they answered a 10:57 p.m. call about a shot, unconscious man behind the wheel of a crashed car.

    Miami Fire Rescue took Martinez in critical condition to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he eventually was pronounced dead.

    From Washington, Missouri;

    The reporting party told the dispatcher he had fired a gun into the floor as a warning shot to scare away the burglar, police said.
    advertisement

    Officers arrived on the scene and found a broken window and blood. The reporting party told police he had heard someone kicking the window and glass breaking.

    At that point, he fired the gun into the floor and the suspect left the scene.

    Based on the blood found at the scene, police said it was clear the suspect was cut and bleeding when the window was broken. Officers tracked the blood to the 300 block of Rolling Meadows Lane where it was reported a fight had broken out.
    advertisement

    The suspect from the burglary had been involved in a fight and was taken to Mercy Hospital Washington. Police contacted the man at the hospital.

    The man, a 41-year-old Pacific resident, told police he had broken the glass. The man said he was looking for the resident on Rolling Meadows.

    When he eventually found who he was looking for, the suspect got into a brief fight. Police said he fell and hit his hand and had to be taken to the hospital.

  • One dead in Paris knife attack

    According to Reuters, one person was killed and four others injured in a Knife attack in Paris yesterday;

    An assailant shouting “Allah Akbar” killed a passer-by in a knife attack that also wounded four others in the heart of Paris late on Saturday before he was shot dead by police, French authorities said.

    French prosecutor Francois Molins told reporters the police’s anti-terrorism unit would launch an investigation, given the aggressor’s “mode of operation.”

    French President Emmanuel Macron praised officers for “neutralizing the terrorist.” France “will not yield an inch to the enemies of freedom,” Macron said on Twitter.

    According to Sky News, the assailant was on a terror watch list;

    An Islamic State “soldier” who stabbed a man to death and injured four others in an attack in Paris was on an anti-terror watchlist of suspected extremists, it has emerged.

    Police in the French capital have launched a terror investigation following the attack on Saturday night, which was carried out by a 21-year-old man who was born in the Russian republic of Chechnya, where Islamic extremism has long simmered.

    The suspect, believed to be a French citizen, was on the so-called “S file” of people suspected of radicalised views who could pose a threat to national security, sources said.

    BBC says that he was born in Chechnya;

    The suspect in a deadly knife attack in central Paris on Saturday evening is a French citizen born in 1997 in Russia’s republic of Chechnya, sources say.

    Named by media as Khamzat Asimov, he was on a French watch list of people who could pose a threat to national security, the sources said.

    Police shot dead the attacker in the busy Opéra district after he killed a man and injured four other people.

    The Islamic State (IS) group said it was behind the attack.

  • John Wesley Byer; phony SEAL

    John Wesley Byer; phony SEAL

    One of our ninjas shared his work on this John Byers fellow who claims to be a Navy SEAL and he claims that he was wounded twice in Desert Storm, according to his forged DD214;

    He also awarded himself a Bronze Star Medal.

    The National Personnel Records Center doesn’t remember it like that, though. They remember Byer being in the Coast Guard for less than two years;

    He has other service that the NPRC can’t see;

    He appealed his conviction, but the courts didn’t give him a break. This is from the appeal;

    Defendant testified that at the time the search warrant was executed, he was living with his mother and stepfather at their home. His grandmother was also living there at the time. Defendant testified that while looking at legal pornography sites on the internet, pop-up images of child pornography appeared on the screen. On one occasion, he tried to click the “X” in the corner to close the pop-up but accidentally hit the “print” button, which was right next to the “X.” When he realized that he accidentally printed the page, he grabbed it, tore it into pieces, threw it to the side and forgot about it. He never looked at the page and did not know what was on it. He said he did not throw it in the garbage because it was late at night and he was not wearing any pants. He also did not want his mom to find it in the garbage can.

  • Sunday morning feel good stories

    Sunday morning feel good stories

    From Las Vegas, Nevada;

    Las Vegas police suspect that the man shot to death Wednesday during a fistfight may have been killed in self-defense.

    The man was identified Friday by the Clark County coroner’s office as 44-year-old Scott Anthony Hayse. He was fatally shot in the head on the 1200 block of Melville Drive, and his death was ruled a homicide.

    Hayse was working on a car with a friend when the suspected shooter arrived. The men got into a fight for reasons that weren’t immediately clear, and Hayse was shot, police said.

    The suspect has been identified and interviewed by Metropolitan Police Department homicide investigators, but was not in custody as of Friday.

    “We have discovered evidence that the shooting may be self-defense,” homicide Lt. Ray Spencer told the Review-Journal.

    In Fort Dodge, Iowa;

    Fifty-one-year-old Richard Remme, of Fort Dodge, told police he was playing with his dog, Balew, on the couch and tossed the dog off his lap. He says when the pit bull-Labrador mix bounded back up, he must have disabled the safety on the gun in his belly band and stepped on the trigger.

    The gun fired, striking one of Remme’s legs. He was treated at a hospital and released later that day.

    Remme told The Messenger newspaper that Balew is a “big wuss” and lay down beside him and cried because he thought he had done something wrong.

    Tim sends a link from Scottsdale, Arizona;

    [Sgt. Ben] Hoster said the altercation began in the bathroom at the Third Avenue parking garage when the suspect, identified as 41-year-old Charles Lovin, stole the victim’s property and the two began to fight along Scottsdale Road.

    Lovin dropped the stolen items in the median of the road and the victim tried to grab the items, Lovin then assaulted the victim again. That’s when Hoster said the victim produced a knife and stabbed Lovin in self-defense.

    Lovin then chased the victim to Indian School Road where Scottsdale PD detained both men. Lovin was taken to a local hospital for treatment and has been arrested for attempted robbery, assault and disorderly conduct.

    For your entertainment;

  • North Korea plans nuke dismantling event

    North Korea plans nuke dismantling event

    The Associated Press reports that North Korea plans to ceremoniously dismantle their nuclear weapons later this month;

    Kim had revealed plans to shut down the country’s northeastern testing ground by the end of May during his summit with South Korean President Moon Jae-in last month. Analysts say the closure of the site is mostly symbolic and doesn’t represent a material step toward denuclearization.

    In a statement carried by state media, North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said that all of the tunnels at the site will be destroyed by explosion, and that observation and research facilities and ground-based guard units also will be removed.

    The North plans to invite journalists from the U.S., South Korea, China, Russia and Britain to inspect the process, the statement said.

    More than two decades ago, Jimmy Carter went to Korea and enabled the hermit regime to continue their nuclear program in secret while we paid them. Just last year, Carter wrote in the Washington Post;

    Until now, severe economic sanctions have not prevented North Korea from developing a formidable and dedicated military force, including long-range nuclear missiles, utilizing a surprising level of scientific and technological capability. There is no remaining chance that it will agree to a total denuclearization, as it has seen what happened in a denuclearized Libya and assessed the doubtful status of U.S. adherence to the Iran nuclear agreement.

    Wrong again, Peanut Boy.

    Just a few weeks ago the media and Democrats in congress were wringing their hands worried over a nuclear war with North Korea.

    Fingers crossed for success this time around.

  • Dick’s cut off

    Dick’s cut off

    According to KUTV, Dick’s Sporting Goods is being treated as a pariah in the gun industry with gun manufacturers, Mossberg, Springfield Armory and MKS Supply refusing to deliver their wares to the retailer.

    “It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control,” said Iver Mossberg, Chief Executive Officer of the gun company.

    “Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions,” Iver Mossberg concluded.

    […]

    MKS Supply said it “values the customers that it proudly serves and the God-given freedoms that they enjoy,” and that it believes it is “equally important to show our commitment to our customers by standing behind their Second Amendment rights.”

    […]

    Springfield continued:

    It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the rights and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

    The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) says that they will discontinue Dick’s membership.

    Lorena Bobbet is reportedly jealous.

  • Kent Brown; phony veteran

    Kent Brown; phony veteran

    Our partners at Military Phonies shared their work on this Kent Brown fellow who claims to be a military veteran in his videos and on social media;


    The National Personnel Records Center responds “Who?”

    Kent Steven Brown’s military records were requested. The National Personnel Records Center, which would hold Brown’s records, could find no records indicating that Brown served in the Armed Forces. It is possible that he could have served in a state level guard, but active duty would have shown up if he went to boot camp and certainly any specialized Army training.

  • Saturday morning feel good stories

    Saturday morning feel good stories

    From Albuquerque, New Mexico;

    Officers were originally dispatched to the Movies 8 near San Mateo and Lumber in response to a call about a security guard being shot, possibly by a homeless individual.

    While officers were heading to the shooting, a homeowner called 911, indicating a person in a security guard uniform tried to break into his home. He says he fired at the intruder.

    Officers say it appears the security guard was burglarizing a home, was shot, and drove to the Movies 8 to report being shot while on duty.

    They say the gunshot wound does not appear to be life-threatening.

    From Hemby Bridge, North Carolina;

    Brittany Haughwout…crediting her pitbulls, Hoss and Stella for protecting her and her boyfriend’s family after men with guns tried to break into their home on Idlewild Road in Hemby Bridge.

    “His dad came running in with his hands tied behind his back and he said ‘we are getting robbed, we are getting robbed. They have guns, They have guns,’” said Haughwout.

    According to the Union County Sheriff’s Office it needs help looking for three black men in a silver car. They believe they are involved in four different home invasions, three in Union County and one in Monroe.

    One of the victim’s included the stepmother of former Independence/UNC/NFL player Hakeem Nicks.

    Brittany said her boyfriend’s dad was in the garage when he was attacked and the suspects were asking for money.

    “I was hiding in a bathroom and I had to army crawled to get my shotgun in the closest. It was just a terrible feeling of vulnerability,” said Haughwout.

    From Joelton, Tennessee;

    According to police, 58-year-old Zane Friend was outside taking a break when the armed men reportedly started running at him.

    Friend was armed with a pistol. He told police one of the suspects pointed a gun at him, so he shot the suspect in the stomach.

    The two other suspects reportedly ditched their friend who had just been shot.

    According to police, Friend then ran inside, grabbed towels and tried to help the man who had just tried to rob him. Friend said he performed CPR on the suspect and called 911.

    Friend is a veteran of the Marines and has been working at this gas station for 19 years. He told News4 this is the first time anyone has ever tried to rob him.

    The suspect, 18-year-old Gabriel Gonzales, remains in critical but stable condition at TriStar Skyline Medical Center.

    From Anderson County, South Carolina;

    Shore said a man had a confrontation with two people at a home on Grady Hall Road around 6:30 a.m. Shore said that during that confrontation, a man at the home was injured and a woman at the home was kidnapped.

    “The man who kidnapped the woman, the car he had broke down, so he carjacked another car,” Shore said. Shore said the man had stopped to get gas at Marathon when he was shot.

    “The accused kidnapper was shot,” he said.

    Neither the coroner nor the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office immediately released details about who is believed to have shot the man.

    An update to the article reports that the kidnap victim shot the criminal;

    [Rodney] Nixon and the victim were traveling in a vehicle, with the victim driving and Nixon allegedly holding a gun to her. When the vehicle started running out of gas, they stopped at a Marathon gas station on Highway 29 South.

    Nixon got out of the vehicle to pump gas, and the victim was able to get the gun away from him. She then shot him in the chest while he was pumping gas, killing him.

    From Bakersfield, California;

    A south Bakersfield business owner fired a single round at a burglar who broke into his establishment Thursday evening, according to sheriff’s officials.

    A deputy heard the gunshot and found and detained the suspected burglar, 48-year-old Peter Marquez, who had a mask covering his face.

    Marquez had broken into a business in the 1800 block of South Chester Avenue shortly after 8 p.m., according to sheriff’s officials. The owner was inside and fired a single round at Marquez.

    The round was later located by deputies; no one was injured during the incident.

    Marquez was arrested on suspicion of burglary and resisting arrest. No criminal charges are pending against the business owner, deputies said.