The New York Times reported today that Hillary Clinton, for some reason, didn’t use her government email system the entire time that she was Secretary of State for the Obama Administration. Whether it’s true or not that she was involved in some sort malfeasance while in office, this doesn’t make her look good. I know that if I, as a government employee, turned over records of my work conversations in email on my thisainthell.us account, i would have suffered greatly in some form, but this is a Clinton we’re talking about;
“It is very difficult to conceive of a scenario — short of nuclear winter — where an agency would be justified in allowing its cabinet-level head officer to solely use a private email communications channel for the conduct of government business,” said Jason R. Baron, a lawyer at Drinker Biddle & Reath who is a former director of litigation at the National Archives and Records Administration.
Yahoo News found an excuse for her, far short of a nuclear winter;
“Like secretaries of state before her, she used her own email account when engaging with any department officials,” Nick Merrell, Clinton’s spokesman, said in a statement Monday. “For government business, she emailed them on their department accounts, with every expectation they would be retained. When the department asked former secretaries last year for help ensuring their emails were in fact retained, we immediately said yes.”
So, see, it’s all been done before by other Secretaries of State;
Mrs. Clinton’s successor, Secretary of State John Kerry, has used a government email account since taking over the role, and his correspondence is being preserved contemporaneously as part of State Department records, according to his aides.
Before the current regulations went into effect, Secretary of State Colin L. Powell, who served from 2001 to 2005, used personal email to communicate with American officials and ambassadors and foreign leaders.
Last October, the State Department, as part of the effort to improve its record keeping, asked all previous secretaries of state dating back to Madeleine K. Albright to provide it with any records, like emails, from their time in office for preservation.
But the Clinton camp bristled at the notion that it broke any rules.
Yeah, well, we’re talking about a woman who “lost” for two years documents from Vince Foster’s office, following his supposed suicide. Clinton’s foreign policy adviser for her 2008 bid for president was Sandy Berger, the fellow who stole classified material from the national Archives in 2005. So, you know, these folks have a problem with transparency, documents and actual recorded history.
And this is troll bait for someone in Berkeley.










