Category: Feel Good Stories

  • Christmas Day Feel Good Stories

    christmas trees

    tree of life

    In the spirit of the season, the TAH FGS staff wishes all a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year. Especially during the holiday season, our thoughts turn to those who have made our progress possible here, and I think I speak for all when I say thank you.
    Best Regards,
    AW1Ed

  • Christmas Eve Feel Good Stories

    santa gun
    Cookies and milk? I don’t THINK so!

    Illegal released because, California.
    California man, previously deported in 2014, goes on 24-hour ‘reign of terror’ before dying in police chase
    By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

    garciaCalifornia shooting spree suspect was deported in 2014. This undated photo provided by the Tulare County, Calif., Sheriff’s Office shows Gustavo Garcia. Central California authorities say Garcia, who went on a robbery, shooting and carjacking rampage, died Monday, Dec. 17, 2018, in a high-speed crash during which he intentionally tried to smash into other cars. (Tulare County Sheriff’s Office via AP)

    A 36-year-old man who had been deported at least once and who owned a lengthy rap sheet died Monday after a day-long “reign of terror” in which he shot and killed someone, carjacked another person and led California police on a dangerous high-speed pursuit.

    Gustavo Garcia, of Visalia, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on State Route 65 in Porterville when he was ejected from a stolen truck. Four others were injured, including one person who was in critical. Garcia, who was deported in 2014, had engaged in a gun battle with police and purposely tried to smash into other cars during the chase, officials said.

    “We have one man that essentially [has] been on a personal reign of terror,” Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux said at a news conference.

    Garcia has a lengthy criminal record that dates back to 2002, including charges for illegal firearm possession and meth, according to the Fresno Bee. Before his 2014 deportation, Garcia had three Immigration and Customs Enforcement violations. Boudreaux wouldn’t confirm Garcia’s immigration status at the time of his death or what country Garcia originated from.

    Garcia’s rampage started at around 1 p.m. Sunday when he shot a farm worker who was in the middle of unpacking fruit in Exeter. The farm worker was expected to recover.

    Moments later, Garcia robbed a convenience store with surveillance footage showing Garcia firing shots at the ceiling and demanding more than $2,000 in cash, according to the Fresno Bee. Police believe the shooting of the farm worker was meant to be a distraction for the robbery.

    At 7:30 p.m., Garcia shot a Motel 6 guest in the arm and chest in Tulare, police said. Her wounds weren’t considered to be life-threatening.

    “She had made eye contact with the subject and he had followed her to her parking spot, where he got out of the car and for an unbeknownst reason began firing at her vehicle,” Tulare interim Police Chief Matt Machado said.

    At around 1:30 a.m. Monday, Garcia shot up a Shell gas station near Pixley and then killed Rocky Paul Jones, 51, about an hour later outside an Arco AMPM in Visalia, police Chief Jason Salazar said.

    “It appears his rampage and his acts of violence were random and they were not chosen targets, which makes it even more dangerous,” Boudreaux said. “This person was targeting anyone who got in the way.”

    He then fired shots from the backyard of his ex-girlfriend’s Visalia home as she and her children were inside. Police said the girlfriend and her children escaped unscathed.

    Garcia fired shots into a home in the Sultana area and then crashed his car after a two-minute police chase during which he shot and hit pursuing sheriff’s cars and deputies fired back.

    The kick in the gut? Garcia was arrested for a misdemeanor by the sheriff’s office and ICE put a detainer request on him. Garcia had a lengthy rap sheet, including being deported TWICE. But because of California’s new sanctuary city law, SB54, the sheriff’s office was unable to comply with the detainer request and had to release Garcia. Catch and release at its finest.

    Read the rest of this completely avoidable one-man crime spree at: Fox News

    “Critically wounded?” Hope it’s nothing trivial.
    Robbery suspect shot, critically wounded at New Orleans East auto-parts store: NOPD
    By Laura McKnight

    A robbery suspect was critically wounded when he was shot Friday night at a New Orleans East auto-parts store, New Orleans police confirmed.

    Police responded just after 6 p.m. to a call of shots fired in the 9300 block of Chef Menteur Highway and arrived to find a robbery victim had shot a suspected robber, the NOPD said late Friday. The NOPD did not indicate whether the robbery victim is affiliated with the store.

    Police on Saturday identified the suspect as 22-year-old Toney Brown. An update on Brown’s condition was not immediately available.

    An ambulance picked up the wounded man and took him to a local hospital, according to New Orleans EMS spokesman Lt. Jonathan Fourcade.

    Friday night, NOPD officers were investigating inside of the AutoZone Auto Parts in the 9300 block of Chef Menteur. One of the store’s glass front doors and a window were shattered from apparent bullet holes. Three lime-green evidence comes had been placed in front of the doorway. At least one more cone sat on the floor inside the store.

    The rest of the article may be viewed here: NOLA.com

  • Sunday Feel Good Stories

    freedom flag shottie

    One shot, one DRT.
    Man fatally shot during alleged home invasion
    By Jamie Biggs

    LEXINGTON — The Davidson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the fatal shooting of a man who may have been involved in an attempted home invasion in Lexington.

    A press release from the sheriff’s office Friday said deputies were dispatched to a report of an attempted home invasion and shooting at 123 Upton St., Lexington, at approximately 9:30 p.m.

    Officers with the Lexington Police Department were the first to arrive on the scene. They located a male, identified as Silvestre Begley, 21, in the front yard of the residence, deceased as a result of a single gunshot wound.

    Deputies and detectives with the sheriff’s office took over the investigation.

    The homeowner reported that an armed individual attempted to enter his residence and he shot that individual, identified as Begley, in self-defense.

    Begley was pronounced deceased at the scene by EMS paramedics.

    The rest of the article may be viewed here: Courier-Tribune

    No, you can’t have it “your way.”
    Attempted robbery at McDonald’s ends in gunfire

    A man trying to rob a McDonald’s on the Northwest Freeway was hospitalized after being shot by a customer Friday night.

    Houston police received reports around 8:45 p.m. of an aggravated robbery at the McDonald’s at 12020 Northwest Freeway. The male suspect was shot in the shoulder and chest area by a customer after another customer threw a chair at him. He then drove himself to a local hospital in a black sedan.

    The suspect’s car was found by deputies with a gun and ski mask inside. He has been taken into custody.

    The article may be viewed at: Houston Chronicle

  • Saturday Feel Good Stories

    h tubman

    Over year old photos? UFB.
    Walgreens employee fatally shoots man after photos dispute
    By SEAN MURPHY | Associated Press

    OKLAHOMA CITY – An employee at a Tulsa Walgreens with a concealed-carry license fatally shot an armed man after an argument that began at the photo counter, police said Thursday.

    The man who died after the shooting Wednesday evening was identified as William Hurley, Tulsa police spokeswoman Jeanne Pierce said. Another Walgreens employee and a customer also were struck by gunfire and hospitalized. Pierce said both are expected to survive.

    Pierce said the altercation began when the store clerk tried to verify that Hurley was the rightful owner of the photographs, which had been in Walgreens’ possession for more than a year. Video from inside the store showed Hurley pull out a handgun, jump over the counter and grab the photos from the clerk while employees were trying to call police, Pierce said.

    Hurley, 52, appeared to be leaving with the photographs, but then apparently returned and went back toward the clerk.

    “(Hurley) then came back over the counter, and a clerk who was 28 years old, who had a concealed-carry license and was armed, pulled his own weapon and shot the deceased,” Pierce said.

    The entire article may be viewed at:Fox News

    Like a good neighbor…
    Neighbor shoots domestic violence suspect who barged into home, Pasco deputies say
    William Rogers was pronounced dead on Belcher Lane near the Cypress Creek Flood Detention Area.

    LAND O’ LAKES, Fla — A neighbor fatally shot a man accused of domestic violence against a woman shortly after 9 p.m. Wednesday in Pasco County, deputies say.

    A 51-year-old woman ran to call 911 after “a domestic violence incident” with 55-year-old William Rogers at their Belcher Lane home, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.

    Investigators said she went to the home of neighbor Brian Scruggs, 50, but William followed her inside without permission.

    “Brian Scruggs, the homeowner, confronted William and asked him to leave multiple times, at which point Brian defended himself by shooting William,” sheriff’s office spokesperson Benecia Holder wrote in an email.

    William Rogers died at the scene, law enforcement said.

    Detectives have not yet released any further information.

    The article may be viewed here: WTSP News

  • Friday Feel Good Stories

    free

    Best find a new line of work- he clearly sucks at car theft.
    Montana Homeowner Ends Police Chase by Holding Suspect at Gunpoint
    by Staff Writer |

    MISSOULA – A man who led authorities on a Monday morning pursuit and foot chase near Missoula was stopped by an armed homeowner.

    The incident began after an “attempt to locate” was issued for a stolen vehicle that was taken near Missoula.

    A Missoula County Sheriffs deputy who was patrolling near Pulp Mill Road spotted the stolen vehicle on Mullan Road shortly after 8 a.m., according to a news release.

    The suspect had pulled to the side of the road but after refusing verbal commands from the deputy, the driver sped away.

    He drove through a construction site, several fields and through fences before coming to a stop on Haven Heights. The suspect then fled on foot into a nearby home.

    The Missoula County Sheriff’s Office reports that the homeowner had seen the police activity and armed himself prior to the suspect getting into the home.

    When the suspect entered his home, he held him at gunpoint until officers arrived and took the suspect into custody.

    Read the article here: KPAX

    Best part? The get-away driver waited for the cops, too.
    Texas Garden Store Employees Hold Shotgun-Wielding Robber at Gunpoint Until Police Arrive
    by Staff Writer

    Employees at Ellis Home & Garden in Texarkana did the state of Texas proud Sunday night when their store was targeted by an armed criminal. It was a little after 8:00 p.m. and the employees were closing up when 25-year-old Brandon Staggs slipped in through an unlocked door holding a shotgun.

    Two employees, both in the store’s back office, saw Staggs on the store’s surveillance camera. Armed with a shotgun, Staggs approached the employees and attempted to rob them.

    The two employees fought back and wrestled the shotgun away from Staggs. One of the employees had a concealed handgun license and fired two shots during the struggle. Although neither of the rounds hit anyone, the employees succeeded in subduing Staggs and restraining him long enough to call 9-1-1 and hand him over to police.

    Read the rest of the article here: TTAG

  • Thursday Feel Good Stories

    freedom

    Believe I’d have a few words with that “mutual friend.”
    Invasion suspect killed after ‘exchange of gunfire’ with homeowner ID’d
    By: Breaking News Staff, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

    A man was killed Monday afternoon “in an exchange of gunfire” with a homeowner after he attempted to enter a southwest Atlanta residence, police said.

    The man was found dead at the home in the 600 block of Ira Street just after 1:30 p.m., police spokeswoman Officer Stephanie Brown said in a statement.

    He was identified by the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office as 34-year-old Marlon Yearby of Conley.

    The homeowner also suffered gunshot wounds. He was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital and was stable, Brown said. His identity has not been released.

    Police added that the two men knew each other through a mutual friend.

    The article may be found at: AJC News

    There’s poor victim selection skills, and then there’s this.
    Retired Marine stops armed robbery at Altoona bar
    by Sierra Darville

    ALTOONA, Pa. (WJAC) — Altoona police said a retired Marine Corps combat veteran disarmed a man trying to rob a bar early Tuesday morning.

    According to police, a black man walked into Ajay’s Bar on Maple Avenue sometime around 1 a.m and attempted to rob the bar. Police said the retired Marine, who was bartending, was able to disarm the robber while he was handing over money from the cash register.

    Police said the two got into a struggle, and one round was fired from the gun. Neither of them were hit by the bullet, but police said they believe the suspect has obvious facial injuries from being hit with the gun.

    Police said the bartender wasn’t hurt.

    According to police, the would-be robber got away and fled on foot northbound across Maple Ave. A blood trail led police to the backyard of a home on not far from the bar.

    Article and video may be viewed here: WJAC TV

  • Wednesday Feel Good Stories

    flag & gun

    More confusion of the term “victim.” 
    Police: Shooting at Atlantic Station parking deck was ‘self defense’

    ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) – Atlanta Police say they believe a 21-year-old man who was shot multiple times in the parking deck of a popular Midtown Atlanta destination was shot in self-defense.

    The shooting happened on Dec. 13 a little before 7:30 p.m. at an Atlantic Station parking deck. After an investigation, police say that the shooting victim had traveled to the area “to engage in a criminal transaction.”

    The next day, police say they were contacted by a man who said he was the shooter in the incident. After talking with the suspect, police believe the shooting was an act of self-defense.

    Read the article at: Fox 5 Atlanta

    “Textbook example” of Defensive Gun Use.
    Update: No criminal charges sought against homeowner who shot and killed escaped inmate in Pickens County
    By Jon Randall

    Pickens, County (FOX Carolina) – The Pickens County sheriff said one inmate is dead and another is back behind bars after they escaped the Pickens County Jail early Tuesday morning.On December 7, they also announced a third man had been charged with attempting to escape during the ordeal.

    Deputies say around 2:40 a.m. two to three inmates physically assaulted two detention officers in what Sheriff Rick Clark called a “pre-meditated plan to escape from the facility.”

    Around 2:53 a.m. Sheriff Clark says the first 911 calls came in to the communications center notifying deputies of the incident in progress.

    As deputies arrived on scene, they say one of the inmates, identified as Timothy Cleveland Dill, was captured on Concord Church Road. Deputies say he was taken into custody without incident and is back behind bars.

    Deputies say at the same time Dill was being arrested, a female homeowner, living in Meece Mill Road, called 911 reporting an unknown subject had kicked in her back door and she had shot him.

    Sheriff Clark said the victim, a CWP holder, was home alone at the time of the incident, and fired one shot, striking the escaped convict. Deputies said when they arrived at the home, the suspect was dressed in prison clothing and was immediately identified as the second escapee.

    The Pickens County coroner identified the deceased as Bruce Webb McLaughlin Jr., 30. He died from a gunshot wound to the head.

    After an investigation from the 13th Judicial Circuit Court Solicitor’s Office, it was determined that no criminal charges would be sought against the woman.

    The rest of the article may be viewed here at: Fox News Carolina

  • Tuesday Feel Good Stories

    ar flag

    We’ll never know if Mr. Myers had a plan “B.”
    Man fatally shoots home intruder, Sumter deputies say
    By Lisa Maria Garza

    A 37-year-old man was fatally shot Saturday night by a home owner after he allegedly broke into the house following a fight over drugs earlier in the day, according to the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office.

    Deputies responded around 9:30 p.m. to the 7300 block of County Road 647 in Bushnell and found Joshua Myers with multiple gunshot wounds. Myers was taken to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, where he later died.

    Michael Donzero told investigators that Myers broke into his home after they had a “drug dispute” and he shot him in self defense.

    The rest of the article may be viewed here at: The Orlando Sentinel

    The best way to avoid that shit it to avoid that shit.
    New York man shot in Miami Beach after attacking woman, police say
    By By Tim Swift

    Victim’s boyfriend was defending woman, young child, arrest report says

    MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – A New York man was shot Saturday after police said he attacked a woman in front of her boyfriend and his young child along Ocean Drive in Miami Beach, police said.
    Mamadou Bah, 26, of Brooklyn, faces a charge of battery.
    According to the arrest report, Bah had been fighting with a group of unknown men in the 1000 block of Ocean Drive just before 7 p.m. when the couple, along with the 8-month-old child, passed by. The victim’s boyfriend began recording Bah on his mobile phone, causing Bah to become irate and confront the couple, the report said.

    Bah then struck the victim with his fists, the report said. The couple tried to retreat, but when Bah continue to lunge at them, the boyfriend pulled out a gun and fired three times, striking Bah in the left arm, the report said.

    Paramedics transported Bah to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. The boyfriend stayed on the scene and cooperated with investigators, the report said.

    The entire artilce may be viewed at: Local 10 News