Category: Barack Obama/Joe Biden

  • D’uh! It’s a movie.

    Fox News reports that the acting director of the CIA thought it was important to point out the inaccuracies in upcoming movie “Zero-Dark-Thirty”.

    “I would not normally comment on a Hollywood film, but I think it’s important to put (the film,) which deals with one of the most significant achievements in our history, into some context,” acting CIA Director Mike Morell said Friday.

    He said the film addresses the successful hunt for bin Laden but in doing so “takes significant artistic license, while portraying itself as being historically accurate.”

    Now why would Hollywood use a bit of artistic license when they make a movie? That’s ridiculous. It’s funny how they collaborated with the production and writing crew to get this film out and now they’re concerned because it may put too much emphasis on the “torture” aspect and it might make the president look like an indecisive boob.

    Morell acknowledged that torture techniques — such as water boarding — were used on detainees, but said multiple streams of intelligence led CIA analysts to conclude that bin Laden was hiding in Abbottabad.

    “Whether enhanced interrogation techniques were the only timely and effective way to obtain information from those detainees, as the film suggests, is a matter of debate that cannot and never will be definitively resolved,” he said

    I wonder if they’re willing to put a stop to waterboarding at SERE School, since it’s torture yet we use it on our own soldiers to train them.

    I’m sure that the interim director of the CIA has better things to do than make idiot statements about Hollywood production values, ya know, since there this war thing still happening.

  • Outrage for Plame, but not for troops

    The Washington Times reports that the US is on alert for reactions from the perpetually outraged Islamists in regards to the portrayal of what they call “torture” in the upcoming “0-Dark-Thirty” movie. But scrolling down the story is the report that a special operator’s name was given to the movie makers;

    The Pentagon inspector general determined this week that Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence Michael Vickers provided Ms. Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal with the restricted name of a U.S. special operations officer who helped plan the raid.

    The inspector general referred the case to the Justice Department. The Pentagon denies any public disclosure to the filmmakers about intelligence-collection methods and downplays its level of cooperation with the filmmakers.

    Now, I remember years of incessant outrage over the release of Valerie Plames’ name to the media during the Bush Administration, even though it was Democrat Richard Holbrooke who gave her name to the press, and even though she had been “outed” as a CIA spook in the pages of Vanity Fair months before, but no one is getting upset about the “outing” of a soldier who took part in the killing of bin Laden and now lives a life of guarding against an attack on himself and his family for a political campaign ad? The religion of peace won’t be seeking his death for revenge of the death of their leader?

    It seems to me that this is more of a violation of national security than the outing of a socialite, cashiered covert agent.

  • BATFE official’s gun at death of Mexican beauty queen

    Maria Gamez

    Fox News reports that a handgun purchased by George Gillett, the former No. 2 in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives office in Phoenix was found at the scene of the murdered Mexican beauty queen, Maria Susana Gamez, last week. A semi-automatic rifle from the thousands which were funneled to Mexican cartels under the gaze of BATFE agents in the operation known as “Fast & Furious” was also found at the scene.

    Gillett purchased the weapon at Legendary Arms, a Phoenix gun store. On the federal form 4473 used to buy the gun, Gillett used the ATF office address, 201 East Washington, and said “Apt 940.” On subsequent purchase, Gillett used a commercial address, that of a strip mall.

    Both actions are illegal, since ATF regulations require buyers use their residential address.

    Gillett didn’t respond to a request to comment for this story, though he has confirmed in other news interviews that he bought the gun, saying he later sold it on the Internet.

    Yeah, but my guns, which haven’t killed anyone, are the problem.

  • Four people at State dismissed for Benghazi

    The Washington Post reports that four folks at the State Department are being disciplined for the failures revealed in the report on the deaths of four Americans in the Benghazi, Libya consulate;

    The highest-ranking official, Eric Boswell, the head of the Diplomatic Security Bureau, resigned effective immediately, the State Department announced late Wednesday. The three others were responsible for various aspects of embassy security and planning for Libya and the Middle East.

    They were relieved of their responsibilities and were expected to be reassigned, said a senior administration official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The official was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

    Despite the fallout, Republicans who have criticized the Obama administration’s handling of the Benghazi attack called the inquiry tepid and the recommendations for punishment inadequate.

    So, one guy quits and three others get reassigned – to what? Janitor? Go-fer? Or something else that their boobery can get someone killed?

    “We found that there was no immediate tactical warning of the September 11 attacks, but there was a knowledge gap in the intelligence community’s understanding of extremist militias in Libya and the potential threat they posed to U.S. interests,” said retired Adm. Mike Mullen, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and a co-author of the report.

    Yeah no “immediate warning”, but there were requests over months before the attack for improved security, and someone ordered the military detachment out of the region in the weeks prior. I’m sure the panel “investigating” the incident was similar to the 9-11 Commission which arrived at it’s conclusions by consensus rather than the actual facts that were presented to them and we just read the sanitized version. Because, you know, consensus is what will keep us safe in the future.

  • The liberal mindlessness

    The two biggest issues in the news this week are the impending Obama Tax Hikes coming the first of the year and the cuts to defense spending that go with it, and we’re looking at some form of gun control. Both of those things are related to each other in that Liberals don’t like things that make them feel sad and it makes them feel sad that we spend too much money on our own defense, irrespective of the place we hold in the world. They also feel sad when a score of children get shot down in their school. Not that it doesn’t make me sad, too, but the difference is that I don’t blame anyone but the gun man, and his mother who failed to secure the guns in her home knowing that her son was unbalanced, and it turns out that she was going to have him committed.

    They’re not too keen on seeking long term solutions, or looking at the consequences of their outcry, they just want to “do something” that makes them feel better RIGHT NOW! So their solution to defense spending is to let the cuts take effect automatically. Liberals are convinced that our current state of relative peace will continue regardless of what they do today.

    In regards to the gun issue and their simplistic, anti-intellectual solution – stop letting people buy guns and everyone will automatically stop killing other people. Regardless of the fact that it’s no real solution – but it will make them feel better because they did something.

    Just like the tax hike problem, they say they want to have a discussion and a compromise, but what they mean by that is that they want our side to sit down and shut up while we listen to them preach to us.

    Yesterday, they were complaining because the NRA went silent in the social media since Friday’s shootings. Today’s complaint is that the NRA is releasing a statement on the shootings this week.

    There’s no compromise, there’s no discussion until we all accept their solutions without question. When we turn in all of our guns, they’ll still complain about something or other. Just like they complain that the Republican Party is “too white” and then when a Black man is appointed to fill a Senate seat who happens to be a Republican they call him vile names.

    There’s no reason to placate these intellectually vacant turds, so we just put our heads down and drive forward. Liberals have never been in the business of solutions, just doing things that make them feel better about themselves, regardless of who gets hurt in the interim. They thrive on crisis, so if their solutions don’t work, it’s because we didn’t go far enough the first time.

  • A dog ate Hillary’s homework, too

    Andy sends us a link to an article about Hillary Clinton and her inability to show up at the hearings about the terrorist attack on the Benghazi consulate on September 11th. Apparently she had a virus which caused her to dehydrate and pass out and then she conked her head on something causing a concussion. So she got a note from John Kerry which excused her absence;

    Sen. John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee, upon being told Saturday about Clinton’s illness and injury “insisted” she not appear at the hearing, said Jodi Seth, spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Democrat.

    I guess they all figured that if she answered questions, those answers might hurt her chances for her run at the White House in 2016. So, a flunky speaking in her stead gives her a measure of insulation from those answers. or at least they can’t use those answers in a political commercial.

    The House and Senate committees said Wednesday that Clinton would testify Thursday.

    The State Department over the next two days appeared to waffle on the whether Clinton would testify on the appointed date.

    Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Thursday the agency’s Accountability Review Board report on the attacks, upon which Clinton will largely base her testimony, might not be complete. However, acting deputy spokesman Patrick Ventrell said Friday he anticipated the report will be ready and Clinton will make the scheduled appearance.

    Funny how that timeline works out. In Hillary’s favor.

  • Benghazi coverup continues

    clinton11_0

    Foreign Policy reports that Hillary Clinton (or Susan Estrich’s grandmother – I can’t really tell by the picture) may or may not be testifying to Congress about the details of the terrorist attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya on September 11th.

    The House Foreign Affairs Committee has also already announced its Dec. 20 hearing featuring Clinton’s testimony. The title of the HFAC hearing is “Benghazi Attack, Part II: The Report of the Accountability Review Board”

    But State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said today that the ARB is not complete, might not be complete by Dec. 20, and Clinton has not agreed to testify on Dec. 20.

    Meanwhile, Representative Peter King is in the Washington Times comparing the Benghazi coverup to Watergate, as so many have done in the recent past;

    “I believe that it’s a lot bigger than Watergate, and if you link Watergate and Iran-Contra together and multiply it times maybe 10 or so, you’re going to get in the zone where Benghazi is,” Mr. King said. “I don’t think the public has any idea, and I tell you, I don’t either, of the chronology of the events — what took place, and who was where doing what and why. And all the way down through — we still haven’t seen an autopsy report on the ambassador yet. Simple questions that you would ask in the first 24 hours have not been asked yet.”

    Talking Point Memos, that POS liberal website says that King can’t determine the size of the coverup, because the Obama Administration has done such a good job of covering it up;

    Rep. Steve King (R-IA) has no idea what happened in Benghazi but he does know that it’s worse than Watergate and the Iran-Contra scandal times 10

    Yeah, that makes total sense, dinguses. I guess they figure that we shouldn’t be talking about the Benghazi thing at all, or mentioning the deaths of an ambassador and three veterans.

  • Rice withdraws name from SecState consideration

    The Daily Caller reports that UN Ambassador Susan Rice has withdrawn her name from consideration for the Secretary of State position as the successor of Hillary Clinton;

    NBC News reports that Rice informed President Barack Obama of her decision in a letter, citing the strong opposition to her candidacy from Republicans on the Hill.

    “If nominated, I am now convinced that the confirmation process would be lengthy, disruptive and costly – to you and to our most pressing national and international priorities,” her letter said, according to NBC News.

    But, see that’s probably not good news either, because Susan Collins, the Senator from Maine says that John Kerry would make an excellent Secretary of State. After meeting with him last month, she said;

    “I think John Kerry would be an excellent appointment and would be easily confirmed by his colleagues,” she said.

    Funny, I told the reporter from Human Events today that I predicted Kerry would be Secretary of State four years ago, and she said something about him being crowded out by Rice. Not so much now.

    Well, Kerry will be the Defense Secretary or the Secretary of State either way.