Category: Barack Obama/Joe Biden

  • President Trump signs Executive Order replacing sanctions on Iran.

    The President restored some of the sanctions on Iran that were lifted during “whats his names” Administration.  You can read the Executive Order in it’s entirety HERE.

    The President tweeted, “Iran, and it’s economy, is going very bad, and fast! I will meet, or not meet, it doesn’t matter – it is up to them!”

    Iran has been the sponsor of terrorism around the world since the 1970’s.  The President has been critical of the deal made with Iran from its conception.   It appears there will be no more magic carpets or Bademjan coming into this country for a while.  It seemed to go unnoticed by everyone that the amount of money in cash and securities that Obama sent to Iran is equal to the value of Iranian assets seized to hold them accountable for attacks on innocent Americans.

    We will probably have to survive without any thing from Iran for a while.  They have been the major problem in the Middle East for decades and the major source of arms given to evil doers and gained through Russian collusion.

  • Kids in cages

    Kids in cages

    The photo above is supposed to be one of the immigrant children that the Trump Administration is separating from his family. It’s gone viral, of course.

    According to Snopes, it was taken at a protest in Dallas earlier this month;

    However, as it turned out, the photograph was taken on 10 June 2018, but it did not show a child confined by immigration authorities to a cage. Rather, it was snapped during a protest staged in front of Dallas City Hall to call attention to the Trump administration’s practice of separating families and confining undocumented children. Different photographs of the event document that the same child was standing a mocked-up “cage” open at the top, and several commenters noted that the boy was crying not because he was confined, but because he saw his mother outside the pen and could not immediately figure out how to get to her.

    An accompanying photo that hasn’t gone viral confirms Snopes’ research – the little guy is in the foreground, obviously not caged;

    Other photos have gone viral to protest the Trump Administration policy;

    That particular photo was taken in 2014, years before there was a President Trump. According to Business Insider, Obama Adminstration officials have been scrambling to explain the photos;

    Jon Favreau, who worked as a speechwriter for former President Barack Obama, tweeted, “This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible.”

    Favreau said Tuesday he later deleted the tweet after social media users pointed out that the photos were taken during the Obama administration. But by that point, critics had already rushed to accuse him of concealing Obama’s own harsh immigration tactics while condemning Trump’s.

    Favreau said in a series of tweets that he made a “mistake” by not checking the date of the photos before sharing them on Twitter. He explained that the photos were taken in 2014, when the Obama administration faced “an influx of unaccompanied minors who showed up at the border, fleeing violence from Central America.”

    The old “fake but accurate” excuse.

  • Obama-flix

    Obama-flix

    I’m not one to cut my nose off to spite my face, but I swear, the first time Netflix tries to cram some Obama-crap down my throat, I’m outathere. From the Washington Times;

    The Obama’s trajectory has now entered the creative realm. They have founded another organization called Higher Ground Productions — and with good reason. On Monday, the couple signed a multiyear “storytelling” contract with online video giant Netflix to produce original programming for a built-in, loyal audience of 125 million subscribers in 190 countries.

    I spend time at Netflix to get away from politics, for fuxx sake.

    “One of the simple joys of our time in public service was getting to meet so many fascinating people from all walks of life, and to help them share their experiences with a wider audience. That’s why Michelle and I are so excited to partner with Netflix — we hope to cultivate and curate the talented, inspiring, creative voices who are able to promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples, and help them share their stories with the entire world,” Mr. Obama said in a statement.

    One of the simple joys of my life was January 20th, 2017 when the Obamas left the White House.

  • DoJ to turn over “Fast and Furious” documents

    DoJ to turn over “Fast and Furious” documents

    The Hill reports that the Department of Justice will comply with a 2014 judge’s order to turn over documents regarding the failed Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ Operation Fast and Furious which armed Mexican cartels with more than two thousand firearms, some of which have turned up at crime scenes on both sides of the frontier, including the murder of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.

    The Justice Department, then run by Eric Holder, declined to provide documents on the program to Congress in 2012 and was held in contempt of Congress. Today’s decision ends six years of litigation with the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

    “The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law. This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious,” Sessions said in a press release.

    The Hill article fails to mention that Holder was also in contempt of a judge’s order to turn over the documents to Congress (the People’s representatives). From US News and World Report;

    A report by the Justice Department Office of Inspector General in 2012 found that neither President Barack Obama nor his attorney general at the time, Eric Holder, were aware of Fast and Furious until 2011. Nonetheless, as Holder refused to provide documents about the operation to Congress, he drew unrivaled scorn from GOP lawmakers, some of whom openly considered the rare step of pursuing impeachment proceedings against him. The House voted in 2012 to hold him in contempt.

    A federal judge in 2014 declined to uphold the contempt finding, calling the House’s motion “entirely unnecessary” but also ordering the Justice Department to produce documents to the committee.

    AG Holder refused to comply with the order. So AG Session is only complying with that judge’s order. I’m sure that it will be portrayed in the media as some sort of “pay back” to the Obama Administration by Trump.

    I remember when Obama and Clinton were saying that we needed more gun control laws to prevent guns from going to Mexico when the Obama Administration was actually facilitating gun shipments to Mexico, telling US dealers to look the other way while straw purchasers carried guns to the cartels.

  • Another Healthcare Insurer Leaves ObamaCare Exchanges

    This time it’s Aetna.  They’ve just announced that 2017 is the last year they’ll participate in the ObamaCare healthcare insurance exchanges.  They will not offer policies for 2018 on those exchanges.

    Why?  Simple.  Last year, in 15 states Aetna lost nearly $700 million on policies issued through said exchanges.  This year, they’re predicted to lose nearly $200 million in only 4 states (VA, DE, IA, NE) – obviously, on substantially reduced enrollment.

    There’s a term for companies whose business practices consistently lose money by the ton.  That term is, “Bankrupt.”

    And no, Gruber:  this isn’t Trump’s fault.  It’s because the whole asinine system is an abomination that is so structurally flawed it cannot possibly succeed.

    “Free stuff” – isn’t.  Someone, somewhere, pays for it.

    And Aetna just said, “Find another patsy.”

  • “No ‘Wiretapping’ ”, Eh?

    Well, then it will certainly be interesting to hear what the former Occupant, 1600 Penn Avenue, Wash DC, and his defenders have to say when Representative Devin Nunes goes public later this week.

    Rep. Nunes is Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.  And reportedly he has information showing that yes, in fact some of the Trump Campaign’s post-election communications were “incidentally” intercepted – and that those intercepts were provided to the White House.

    The information was provided to Rep. Nunes by personnel within the US Intelligence Community.  It reportedly corroborates information Rep. Nunes had already obtained from other sources.

    Oh, and did I mention that the CIA Director is also reportedly interested in determining the extent of any monitoring of President-Elect Trump’s communications by the former     gang of incompetent fools running DC prior to 20 January 2017     Administration?

    Stay tuned.  This one could get interesting.

  • NYT and Russian “election hacking”

    The New York Times reports this morning that the Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking;

    At the Obama White House, Mr. Trump’s statements stoked fears among some that intelligence could be covered up or destroyed — or its sources exposed — once power changed hands. What followed was a push to preserve the intelligence that underscored the deep anxiety with which the White House and American intelligence agencies had come to view the threat from Moscow.

    It also reflected the suspicion among many in the Obama White House that the Trump campaign might have colluded with Russia on election email hacks — a suspicion that American officials say has not been confirmed. Former senior Obama administration officials said that none of the efforts were directed by Mr. Obama.

    Sean Spicer, the Trump White House spokesman, said, “The only new piece of information that has come to light is that political appointees in the Obama administration have sought to create a false narrative to make an excuse for their own defeat in the election.” He added, “There continues to be no there, there.”

    I don’t understand – at the very worst, the Trump campaign is guilty of doing nothing while the Russians broadcast actual emails from the Clinton campaign. There was no hacking of the election, there was hacking of Democrat email servers. Votes weren’t hacked. The Russians have not been proven guilty of the hacking yet.

    What is disturbing is that the Democrats’ own behavior and their language is what defeated them at the ballot box, and apparently, the Obama Administration and the New York Times are angry that the voters discovered the truth about them. So, the real crime here is that voters were too well-informed.

  • Banning Manning and Freeing the FALN Guy

    Well, now, it really is Good News Week.  The Platoon Sergeant appears to be fighting the Good Fight and good news has appeared on the horizon, as follows.

    As a great many people had speculated on what would happened to Mr. Manning, once he’s released from Ft. Leavenworth (or wherever he’s sitting on his bony ass), I am pleased to tell all of you that it’s official now.

    Mr. Manning will, per this USA Today story  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/18/chelsea-manning-lose-transgender-benefits-dishonorable-discharge/96742180/

    receive a Dishonorable Discharge and as a consequence of that, lose ALL his military-related benefits, including VA TG surgery.

    He is, in effect, banned for life.  You can quit giggling now.

    However, as there is always a balance to things, the balance for the good news about Mr. Manning’s loss of benefits and his Dishonorable Discharge is that the soon-t0-be unemployed lame quacker in the White House has commuted 209 sentences, one of which was Mr. Manning’s, and the other is FALN Oscar Lopez Rivera.

    In regard to the commutation of the 55-year sentence of Oscar Lopez Rivera, a former member of the Puerto Rican terrorist group, the FALN, the Chicago Tribune has a brief history of what he and his companeros did in the 1970s and 1980s.  They bombed 140+ buildings, killing at least 4 people. Their worst and nastiest episode of bombing was Fraunces Taven, Four people died in that bombing and more than 60 people were injured. 16 of those bombings took place in Chicago in 1977. Four government buildings were bombed by the FALN, severely injuring 3 police officers.  Not once has Lopez Rivera expressed any remorse for anything he did, any more than McVeigh or Nichols did.  The only difference between him and them is that his headcount of the dead was lower.

    The Tribune’s story is here, and there is a video included. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-faln-leader-sentence-commuted-0118-20170117-story.html

    And I still don’t understand the linkie thingies, so my apologies for the length, but the links do work.  And no, no photos.