Category: Barack Obama/Joe Biden

  • Moonbat math

    Sporkmaster sent me this article from the Leftist Op/ED News which demonstrates to me that the Left has a reading comprehension problem. Look at these statistics they post;

    Total U.S. Military Gulf War Deaths: 73,846
    – Deaths amongst Deployed: 17,847
    – Deaths amongst Non-Deployed: 55,999

    Total “Undiagnosed Illness” (UDX) claims: 14,874
    Total number of disability claims filed: 1,620,906
    – Disability Claims amongst Deployed: 407,911
    – Disability Claims amongst Non-Deployed: 1,212,995

    Percentage of combat troops that filed Disability Claims 36%

    Now, according to the article, this proves that military is hiding servicemembers’ deaths. Their claim is that 77,000 US service members died DURING the current war in the Gulf region. And the author’s source for the statistics is strangely missing.

    So what’s his point?

    More than 1,820 tons of radio active nuclear waste uranium were exploded into Iraq alone in the form of armor piercing rounds and bunker busters, representing the worlds worst man made ecological disaster ever.

    Yes, we’ve heard it before at Winter Soldier from mega-moron Matt Howard who claimed that we’re disposing of our nuclear waste by firing it off in two pound chunks as DU-tipped tank rounds. How big of a moron do you have to be to believe some stupid shit like that?

    Actually, it’s the reason that New Mexico Congressional candidate Adam Kokesh was storing his urine the refrigerator at the DC IVAW House – he thought he was poisoned by DU-tipped darts. Turns out he wasn’t, though.

    It seems to me that someone might’ve noticed 77,000 dead soldiers.

  • Napolitano: Now, you’re not safe

    After spending all day yesterday telling everyone who would listen that “the system worked”, our Homeland Security Secretary is now telling us the exact opposite;

    Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says the aviation security system failed when a young man on a watch list with a U.S. visa in his pocket and a powerful explosive hidden on his body was allowed to board a fight from Amsterdam to Detroit.

    A day after saying the system worked, Napolitano said her words had been taken out of context. She said Monday on NBC’s “Today” show that “our system did not work in this instance.”

    Isn’t that what we were saying yesterday, while Napolitano was telling us that up is down and black is white? I wonder what’s going on here. Oh, wait…

    The White House press office, traveling with President Barack Obama in Hawaii, said early Monday that the president would make a statement from the Kaneoho Marine Base in the morning.

    Oh, so not only did his advisors wait three hours to tell the president about the attack, he’s going to make a speech nearly four days after the event, and he sent Napolitano out to test the waters. Regardless, they’re both incompetent boobs.

  • No larger plot

    Old Trooper sends along this link from UK’s The Sun;

    Cops fear that 25 British-born Muslims are plotting to bomb Western airliners. The fanatics, in five groups, are now training at secret terror camps in Yemen. It was there London-educated Umar Abdulmutallab, 23, prepared for his Christmas Day bid to blow up a US jet.

    The British extremists in Yemen are in their early 20s and from Bradford, Luton and Leytonstone, East London. They are due to return to the UK early in 2010 and will then await internet instructions from al-Qaeda on when to strike. A Scotland Yard source said: “The great fear is Abdulmutallab is the first of many ready to attack planes and kill tens of thousands.

    “We know there are four or five radicalised British Muslim cells in the Yemen.

    Oh, wait, there’s that Yemen word again. Bledsoe went there, Abdulmutallab went there, Hasan’s cleric lived there, we’re releasing some Gitmo hard cases there in coming months, we’ve launched some missiles there in recent days. But Janet Napolitano assures us that there’s no larger plot afoot.

    And, oh, hey…that Nigerian guy who just happened to get sick on the same flight two days after Abdulmutallab – that was just a coincidence, don’t worry about it. It wasn’t a cover up or anything, or to make the next plane load of victims think a few seconds longer before they act. Trust Janet.

    AP tells us that PETN is easily detectable;

    Crippin and law enforcement officials said modern airport screening machines could have detected the chemical. Airport “puffer” machines – the devices that blow air onto a passenger to collect and analyze residues – would probably have detected the powder, as would bomb-sniffing dogs or a hands-on search using a swab.

    And yet….

    Oh, did any one notice that video I added in the last post also had that homo Gibbs blaming the Bush Administration for the attack “understanding that these procedures are several years old” so how could the failure be Obama’s fault? Besides, no one told him for three hours.

  • Napolitano: OK, you’re safe now (Updated)

    A besotted TSO gave us a heads up from the bar in the St Louis airport about the following video.

    Disregarding the fact that a message about an impending attack was posted on a Yemeni-based al Qaeda website, Janet Napolitano denies that the incident was an indicator of a larger plot, and that as long as we, the traveling public, continue to do the government’s job, we’ll all be safe.

    When Crowley asks Napolitano how Abdulmutallab got through security with a fricken bomb, Napolitano says there’s no evidence he was improperly screened. WTF? If he got through security with a bomb, he was improperly screened, numbnuts.

    Even though Abdulmutallab’s father warned the US State Department that his son was planning something, Napolitano said it wasn’t enough to move the clown from a big list to a smaller list (as if the size of the list is another excuse for the government to abrogate their responsibility). Why is there even a list if technology at Homeland Security is less functional than my Outlook search feature? It looks like TSA baboons could “Google” a name and get a more accurate result than using the TIDES database.

    Napolitano is a national treasure and now she can now get back to finding right-wing terrorists with SPLC’s help.

    UPDATE: Ditz says “What?”

  • Can we stop pretending now?

    Back in June, the FBI admitted that they were investigating Carlos Bledsoe before he shot two soldiers in Little Rock, AR.

    The investigation was in its preliminary stages, authorities said, and was based on the suspect’s travel to Yemen and his arrest there for using a Somali passport.

    Early last month, after Nidal Hasan shot scores of his fellow soldiers at Fort hood, we were treated to nightly admissions from federal government law enforcement agency representatives who paraded across our TV screens doing the “infantry salute” while telling us that Hasan hadn’t been considered a threat to anyone.

    In the wake of the latest attempt on innocent Americans, the Christmas fireworks display on Northwest Flight 253, we’re hearing more of the same drivel from federal apologists;

    Four weeks ago, Abdulmutallab’s father told the U.S. embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, that he was concerned about his son’s religious beliefs. This information was passed on to U.S. intelligence officials.

    Abdulmutallab received a valid U.S. visa in June 2008 that is good through 2010.

    His is one of about 550,000 names in the Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment database, known as TIDE, which is maintained by the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center and was created in response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Intelligence officials said they lacked enough information to place him in the 400,000-person terror watch list or on the no-fly list of fewer than 4,000 people who should be blocked from air travel.

    His father, for Pete’s sake, warned our protectors in the federal government. Are you going to tell me that we just yesterday learned about his trips to Yemen before he boarded the flight to Amsterdam? Really?

    There’s a reason it’s called a TERRORIST WATCH LIST. You illiterate baboons in the Federal government are supposed to WATCH people on the list – it’s right there in the name! Maybe you could if you weren’t so damn busy looking for a tube of toothpaste in checked luggage so you could put the tube in a baggie and leave a scolding message in the luggage.

    Can we please stop pretending that we’re not at war and that no one except tiny blue-haired Baptist grannies from Alabama present us with a threat?

    While we’re at it, can we please stop pretending that this is not a religious war? The Left frames it in terms of a class war – the terrorists have no choice but to fight the evil West because they’re so poor. Hasan was a college-educated doctor (educated at tax payer expense, by the way). Abdulmutallab, was educated at university in Great Britain, lived in a $4 million apartment, was the son of Nigeria’s leading banker.

    So can we just stop pretending that this war isn’t happening?

  • The bloom is off the rose

    I had to laugh the other day when I watched Harry Reid call the vote buying and pay offs that led the news last week “leadership”. I’ve been preaching on these pages since early last year about leadership and how we weren’t going to see any when this bunch took over last January. Apparently, their constituents have arrived at the same conclusion a year too late.

    TSO forwarded an email from the developmentally disabled Jane Hamsher of Far Left blog FireDogLake last week that urged the blog’s readers to condemn the health care bill in the Senate. Hamsher writes;

    The Senate health care bill is an ungodly mess of errors, loopholes, and massive giveaways. When the American people find out what’s actually in this bill, they will revolt.

    Funny, but the right has been saying that for more than half of the year. But the Left seems to be catching up. Ace of Spades writes that Hamsher has co-signed with Grover Nordquist a letter to Attorney General Holder calling for an investigation of Rahm Emanuel;

    We believe there is an abundant public record which establishes that the actions of the White House have blocked any investigation into his activities while on the board of Freddie Mac from 2000-2001, and facilitated the cover up of potential malfeasance until the 10-year statute of limitations has run out.

    Oh, imagine that – the Left finally believes that Rahm should called to accoount for his role in the collapse of the housing lending market.

    Also at FDL, Gordon Ginsburg has noticed that maybe what the Democrats have been engaging in the last twelve months isn’t leadership at all;

    The times call for a leader of Churchillian or Rooseveltian magnitude; what we have instead is a cautious risk-averse manager. Bold progressives must fill the leadership vacuum in order to restore and support a vibrant US middle class.

    Well, ya know, when the goal becomes winning the next election instead of governing, when each legislative victory is crafted to quell the whining of every disparate leftist whiner’s agenda, that’s the kind of crapola with which we get saddled. You get hucksters and shysters who revel in the act of fooling voters. Why else would a health care bill that we so desperately need to save lives today not take effect until after the next election?

  • Hasan’s imam thought to be dead

    The radical Virginia-based imam who is thought to have encouraged Nidal Hasan to shoot scores of his fellow soldiers at Fort Hood is rumored to be among the casualties of a US missile assault in Yemen today, according to Al-Jazeera;

    Among those thought to have been killed in the raid early on Thursday was Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical Muslim preacher linked by US intelligence to a gunman who killed 13 people at a US army base in Texas.

    “Anwar al-Awlaki is suspected to be dead [in the air raid],” an unnamed Yemeni official was quoted by the Reuters news agency as saying.

    ABC reports that, before he was killed, al-Awlaki told Al-Jazeera that Hasan’s first email hinted at his planned assault at Fort Hood;

    Awlaki claims that Hasan initiated the e-mail correspondence with a message on Dec. 17, 2008. “He was asking about killing U.S. soldiers and officers,” says Awlaki. “His question was is it legitimate [under Islamic law].”

    That is completely contrary to the story that US intelligence services have told us. O don’t place much value in reports from Al-Jazeera or from radical clerics, but the FBI needs to release those emails to us. Something about this whole story stinks. The deception has begun right from the first shot in this incident – and This Ain’t Hell has been caught up in the effort to keep the story from the American public.

  • Let’s not go off half-cocked

    I’ve received several emails about a December 17th Executive Order which amends a Reagan Era EO 12425. Supposedly the amendment gives INTERPOL an exemption from having to comply with our fourth amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure, and exempts INTERPOL from FOIA while operating on US soil. Honestly, I don’t see it.

    Here’s the original EO;
    (more…)