Author: Jonn Lilyea

  • Vincent Battaglia; Phony SEAL

    Vincent Battaglia; Phony SEAL

    Our partners at Military Phonies share their work on this Vincent Battaglia fellow. He claims to be a US Navy SEAL in his social media discussions. He gives advice like a life coach;

    He claims that we won’t be able to find his records because he was adopted by his stepfather and Vinnie changed his name after he graduated from BUD/S;

    However, according to his own Facebook page, his step father’s name is Hutton;

    His war wounds are so bad, and he’s so disabled, that he can’t even afford a T-shirt to honor his fallen fellow SEALs, so, please, won’t you buy him one;

    Battaglia was indeed in the Navy, he spent two-and-a-half years as a signalman. He was discharged as an E-1. Not a SEAL;

  • Monday morning feel good stories

    Monday morning feel good stories

    From North Hollywood, California;

    An auto parts store employee was handcuffed after fatally shooting a man he said was breaking into a vehicle in North Hollywood Saturday night, police said.

    Los Angeles firefighters responded to the 6000 block of Lankershim Boulevard shortly before 6 p.m. A body was seen covered in a white sheet at the scene, which was located next to a motel.

    An employee at the auto parts store said he opened fire when he noticed somebody breaking into a vehicle, police said. The vehicle was parked just north of Oxnard Street at the business Pacific Parts and Instruments.

    Police said multiple employees were inside the store when they noticed the burglar, and one armed employee went outside to confront the suspect. The employee then fired about four shots, according to LAPD Capt. Elaine Morales.

    From Black Lick, Pennsylvania;

    State police say a Pennsylvania man who broke into a house from which he had been barred by a protection order was shot and killed by a resident.

    Police in Indiana County said 48-year-old Stacy Livingston had been evicted from and excluded from a home in Burrell Township but returned early Saturday and broke in through a basement window.

    Police said the intruder’s wife and five other family members were inside, and an adult family member shot him in the chest. No charges have been filed and the investigation continues.

  • Kokesh for President

    Kokesh for President

    DSC_0108

    Someone spotted this hideous affront to the senses in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania yesterday;

    Adam Kokesh, Iraq veteran of the Marine Corps Reserve variety and former front man for Iraq Veterans Against the War was arrested in Washington, DC five years ago for taking a video of himself loading a shot gun a couple of blocks from the White House. He did four months in jail for that stunt.

    Last year he was arrested by Secret Service agents in front of the White House on a fugitive warrant for not showing up for court in Maryland when he caused a ruckus at a TSA screening point at BWI airport.

    Kokesh was at the White House to protest the U.S. bombing of Syria, according to one of the protest participants. Heather Mullins said things were just about to begin when he was approached by Secret Service officers.

    Mullins said the TSA conducted an investigation into the airport incident and decided to let Kokesh off with a warning. However, the citation he was issued required him to appear in court in Glen Burnie, Maryland, which he apparently did not do.

    At a court appearance Tuesday, a judge declined to grant Kokesh bail and sent him back to jail.

    Earlier this year, he was arrested in Texas on a drug beef.

    DPS spokesman Lt. Lonny Haschel said in an email Kokesh was stopped around 12:45 p.m. Tuesday for a traffic violation on U.S. 380 in Decatur. During the stop, troopers called for a K-9 officer. The K-9 alerted on Kokesh’s recreational vehicle, which led to a search where officers found Kokesh to be in possession of drugs, according to Haschel.

    Kokesh filmed the traffic stop, and the video has been uploaded to his YouTube page. In the video, Trooper Patrick Garcia tells Kokesh he was stopped for going 74 mph in a 65 mph zone.

    “At this point in time the dog did alert, so we’re going to a whole ‘nother level,” Garcia says. He then tells Kokesh to turn off the camera.

    I should probably mention that Kokesh tried and failed to run for Congress in his home state of New Mexico in 2010 as a Republican with support from Stuart Rhodes at the Oath Keepers.

    And now he wants to be your President on the Libertarian ticket. His goal is to dismantle the Federal Government on his first day in office, he says.

  • Pedro “Peter” Lawler; Beirut liar sentenced

    Pedro “Peter” Lawler; Beirut liar sentenced

    We first wrote about Peter Lawler four years ago when Scotty busted him for lying about being at the Beirut bombing of 1983. He spent about 2 1/2 years in the Marine Corps and he was discharged as a Private (E-1).

    He was in the wrong ocean to be anywhere near Beirut;

    Well, two years ago he was arrested for sexually assaulting two thirteen year old girls in Chisago City, Minnesota.

    Lakes Area Police started the investigation into 53-year-old Pedro Antonio Lawler, after a parent notified Woodbury authorities that her teen daughter was alleging she had been coerced into having sex with Lawler, and Woodbury contacted Lakes Area Police.

    The teen girl was hospitalized for attempted suicide in late June 2016. Her parents checked her phone, which had lewd images of a male and other “sexting” activity. The girl then described having sex with a man, while she stayed with a girlfriend at GrandStay Hotel in Chisago City.

    The criminal complaint centers on allegations of criminal sexual conduct by the suspect– identified as stepfather to the girlfriend– in April 2016.

    Last week he was sentenced, according to KSTP;

    The Lakes Area Police Department reports a 54-year-old was sentenced to two consecutive 200-month prison sentences earlier this week after being convicted of two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct.

    Pedro Antonio Lawler was accused of engaging in criminal sexual conduct with two girls at a hotel in Chisago City in 2016.

    This is his second trip to prison as a perv, he must enjoy it for some reason. On the original post, he asked us to remove the post about him so he could turn his life around. Of course, we didn’t. And, apparently, he didn’t turn his life around.

  • Robert Hicks; phony SEAL

    Robert Hicks; phony SEAL

    Our partners at Military Phonies send us their work on this fellow, Robert Kenneth Hicks, who claims to be a Navy SEAL. Judging by his wardrobe, and his motorcycle anyway;

    And, oh, look, he’s an Iraq veteran and a sniper, too;

    Not according to the Navy, though;

    He left with eight years of service as an E-4 Aviation Structural Mechanic between 1990 and 2000 – he never made it to Iraq and he wasn’t trained as a SEAL.

  • Sunday morning feel good stories

    Sunday morning feel good stories

    From Beaverton, Oregon;

    Deputies are searching for a man who they say broke into a Beaverton area house Friday afternoon and fled after the homeowner shot at him.

    The man entered the home in the 9300 block of Southwest 171st Avenue at around 12:30 p.m. At one point, the homeowner confronted the intruder and the two fought in the kitchen, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

    The intruder reportedly had a knife. But the resident retrieved a handgun and fired at least one round at the man, causing him to run away, deputies said. The homeowner sustained minor injuries.

    Investigators don’t know if the suspect was struck by any bullets. He is still on the loose and may be driving an older blue, full-sized SUV.

    From Scottsdale, Arizona;

    Scottsdale police say a federal Homeland Security Investigations agent fatally shot a suspect who pulled out a handgun as agents moved in to arrest him.

    Sgt. Ben Hoster says the suspect died Friday at the scene in a parking lot on North 90th Street near Shea Boulevard.

    The suspect’s identity wasn’t released and no information was released on why the agents were trying to apprehend him.

  • 4th Circuit upholds removal of Peace Cross

    4th Circuit upholds removal of Peace Cross

    In an 8-6 vote, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals voted to uphold the lower courts’ decisions for the removal of the Peace Cross in Prince George’s County, Maryland. Originally, the cross was bought with private funds and placed on private land, but the State took possession of it as urban Maryland expanded. From SFGate;

    Supporters of the Peace Cross, who say it is a secular tribute to local men killed in World War I, vowed to appeal.

    “We cannot allow it to be the final word,” said Hiram Sasser, deputy chief counsel for First Liberty, a religious-freedom organization representing the American Legion. “If this decision stands, other memorials — including those in nearby Arlington Cemetery — will be targeted for destruction as well.”

    Adrian Gardner, general counsel for the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, said in a statement that the state agency would “keep open our option to seek review” by the Supreme Court.

    The cross was built in 1925 with money from local families and the American Legion. A plaque lists the names of 49 Prince George’s County veterans and includes the words “valor,” “endurance,” “courage” and “devotion.” The park and planning commission took control of the land in 1961 because of its location at the intersection of U.S. Route 1 and Maryland Route 450 in Bladensburg. The state agency pays for upkeep and repairs.

    The suit was originally brought by Steven Lowe, a commuter who was “shocked” by the memorial on his way to work one day when his route took him past the intersection.

    The cross has stood for nearly a hundred years and one little snowflake who is obviously easily “shocked” by the sight of the cross, to use his word, then the rest of us are supposed to pay in order to alter his experience, because it’s too hard for him to avoid driving past the cross.

  • Arnold Harrison comes home

    Arnold Harrison comes home

    Hondo told us that Arnold Harrison was identified by DPAA last year, WFAA reports that he finally made it home from the battlefield in Tarawa where he served with Company B, 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, Fleet Marine Force on his birthday.

    “He tried to join the Marines when he was 17,” [John Welnack Sr., 88, his cousin and closest living relative] said of his cousin. “Anybody that would sacrifice their own life for their country, or other people, in my thinking is a hero.”

    Honoring a hero is why the North Texas Patriot Guard Riders, and a Dallas Police motorcycle detail escorted the Marine’s casket when his remains arrived at DFW Airport on Thursday and were taken to a funeral home in Sachse.

    The same motorcade gave him a hero’s escort again on Friday when his body was taken to its final resting place at DFW National Cemetery. Other members of the Harrison/Welnack family are also buried there, so his extended family found it fitting that he be buried there.

    “We’re talking about a 20-year-old man that actually gave up his life, on his birthday his 20th birthday, for this country, in defense of this country. And that’s a powerful thing,” said John Bartis of the North Texas Patriot Guard.