Author: Jonn Lilyea

  • Marine Sgt. Bryan Weber saving the world

    Marine Sgt. Bryan Weber saving the world

    According to Military.com, 22-year-old Marine Sergeant Bryan Weber discovered that a fellow Marine veteran, 53-year-old Dave Ford needed a kidney after four years of frequent dialysis treatments.

    Weber learned about Ford’s condition when his supervising staff noncommissioned officer, Gunnery Sgt. Jeremy Winkfield, told him that a fellow Marine whom he knew from Blount Island Command in Jacksonville was on dialysis, and needed a kidney.

    “I said, ‘Gunny, I’m the same blood type as Ford,’ and so I reached out to the Mayo Clinic and after the tests, they confirmed I was a donor match,” said Weber, who works as a comptroller and currently serves as fiscal chief at Blount Island Command. “We’re all Marines, we look out for each other, it was just the right thing to do.”

    Weber, 22 is no stranger to doing the right thing. He is often called upon for funeral honors in the greater Jacksonville area. He refers to this duty as an honor and privilege that gives comfort to the families of fallen Marines.

  • Clock Boy’s lawsuit dismissed

    Clock Boy’s lawsuit dismissed

    The Daily Caller reports that the lawsuit that Ahmed “Clock Boy” Mohamed’s lawsuit against the Irving, Texas Independent School District that his father filed in his name, was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Sam Lindsay earlier this week.

    Mohamed’s device included batteries, a printed circuit board, wires, a transformer, a timing display panel, and an alarm bell. On the day of the incident, two teachers advised him to keep the mechanism hidden before he was summoned to the school principal. He was arrested but the charges against him were dropped in short order. The school district assessed a three-day suspension against him.

    Last year, a judge dismissed a law suit against the Center for Security Policy and our friend Jim “Uncle Jimbo” Hanson filed by the teenager and his father for comments Hanson made about the “clock” looking like a bomb.

  • Friday morning feel good stories

    Friday morning feel good stories

    From Milwaukee, Wisconsin;

    Police said the man heard a noise near the garage about 2:40 p.m. and went to check it out. He saw another man trying to pry open the garage door with a crowbar.

    The intruder attempted to attack the man at which time the homeowner’s son shot at the man, police said.

    “He’s got a crowbar in his hand, so he trying to hit my son with the crowbar, and my son take his gun out, and he shoots two times,” homeowner Pedro Cruz said.

    Milwaukee police are looking for the intruder who witnesses said was shot in the leg.

    From DeKalb County, Georgia;

    A man living in the building told officers three armed men broke into his apartment. Then, a physical altercation took place when the resident began wrestling one of the invaders. He told officers he managed to break free, retrieved his own handgun, then started shooting at the suspects.

    Police said both parties exchanged gunfire inside and outside the apartment. That’s when the resident shot and killed one of the suspects. According to police, the other two home invaders escaped.

    A husband/wife team in Wichita Falls, Texas;

    Wichita Falls police were called to the scene of a disturbance in the 600 block of Sunset Drive around 8:38 p.m. on Jan. 6.

    When officers arrived, they found Gary outside a residence with a stab wound to his chest and injuries to his head.

    Gary told officers he had been stabbed by a woman and hit in the head with a baseball bat by a man. He was then taken to the United Regional Health Care System for treatment.

    Police then spoke to a male resident of the house. He said Gary entered the house without permission carrying a black rifle bag.

    The man said Gary was angry and yelling about the man previously calling the cops on him.

    When the man asked Gary to leave, Gary pulled out a black, semi-automatic handgun from a holster inside the rifle bag. Gary pointed the gun at the man and asked if he wanted to see what it feels like to have a gun pointed at the man’s face.

    Fearing for his life, the man retreated to a bedroom, where the woman was, and struck Gary in the face with a baseball bat when Gary came around the corner. He said the woman also stabbed Gary in the chest as he hit Gary with the bat.

  • FBI arrests 3%er terrorists

    FBI arrests 3%er terrorists

    The FBI has arrested four men for the bombing of a Mosque in Minnesota last year as well as a Women’s health center in Illinois. Michael Hari, 47, Michael McWhorter, 29, Joe Morris, 22, and Ellis Mack, 18, all of Clarence, Illinois called themselves the “White Rabbit Three Percent Illinois Patriot Freedom Fighters Militia”. I guess they wanted to include all of the crackpot bullshit in their title that they could.

    From WWGP the feds were tipped;

    On Feb. 19, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) received an anonymous tip via email that explosive devices may be found in the back of a property in Clarence, Illinois. The tip claimed that the property owner, identified in court documents as “J.O.,” has been “buying a lot of weird chemicals like nail polish remover and battery acide (sic)” and that he is “always talking about getting the n——” and that he is making a “n—– schredder (sic).”

    The anonymous tipster also wrote, “i (sic) am afraid someone will get hurt if someone doesn’t do something I also sent something about it to the newspaper so if you just blow it off like you did that school schooter (sic) kid in florida (sic) the press will know you got a tip so you better check it out.”

    From the Department of Justice;

    MORRIS and HARI made their initial appearance on federal charges related to an attempted bombing in Champaign, Illinois, today at 3:00 p.m. before Magistrate Judge Eric I. Long in U.S. District Court in Urbana, Illinois. MCWHORTER will make his initial appearance in connection with the attempted Illinois bombing at a later date.

    The affidavit filed in support of the District of Minnesota criminal complaint alleges that on August 5, 2017, a pipe bomb was thrown through a window of the Dar al-Farooq Islamic Center (“DAF”), located in Bloomington, Minnesota. The pipe bomb, constructed of polyvinyl chloride, known as “PVC,” exploded, causing extensive damage. On January 27, 2018, law enforcement received information from a confidential source indicating that MCWHORTER, MORRIS, and HARI were responsible for the bombing carried out at DAF.

    According to the charge document, McWhorter turned in his partners to the Feds earlier this month. He told investigators that they only wanted to send a message to the Islamic Center folks that they should leave the country. I don’t know what message they were trying to send the women’s health center.

    For those of you who like to make jokes about Amish terrorists, this is from Heavy;

    Hari was a member of the Old German Baptist Brethran, a denomination that wears the plain cloths of the Amish, but allows for more modern amenities, he told the Chicago Tribune. He made national headlines in 2005 and 2006 when he fled to Mennonite communities in Mexico and Belize during a custody dispute with his ex-wife, taking his two young daughters with him. The story was featured on several episodes of the “Dr. Phil Show,” and he eventually returned to the U.S. with his daughters. The reunion and an interview featuring Hari and his ex-wife was recorded by “Dr. Phil.”

    A jury found him guilty of child abduction in 2006, according to The News-Gazette. He faced up to 3 years in prison, and prosecutors asked for a sentence of 6 months, but he received only 30 months of probation.

    According to the Feds, they tested the weapons that the boys had and the weapons had been illegally converted to full automatic.

  • Navy boots  Marquie Little

    Navy boots Marquie Little

    Late last year we wrote about Marquie Little, a Black sailor who tore his rack up aboard the USS George H.W. Bush aircraft carrier and claimed in social media that he was the victim of a racist attack. The Navy said that they determined that Little had staged the incident for some reason.

    AW1Ed sends us a link to the news that the sailor was kicked to the curb recently;

    The 27-year-old sailor was kicked out of the Navy in recent weeks in connection to the incident, yet he still maintains he did nothing wrong. Little told Navy Times this week he felt “a proper investigation wasn’t conducted.”

    Little agreed at one point to take a lie detector test, which investigators did not actually conduct, and provide a handwriting sample to compare to the racist scrawls, according to the investigation.

    “As for the handwriting analysis, an informal review of writing samples was conducted by investigators from the ship and NCIS,” said Cmdr. Dave Hecht, spokesman for Naval Air Force Atlantic, or AIRLANT. “That review found there were similarities between the graffiti and the handwriting sample provided by the Sailor.”

    Little said this week that officials told him they did not have the manpower to give him a lie detector test and full handwriting analysis.

    He was separated from the Navy recently on charges of making a false statement, destruction of government property and disorderly conduct in connection to the vandalism, Hecht said.

  • Two killed in Super Hornet crash

    Two killed in Super Hornet crash

    The Virginian-Pilot reports that two Navy aviators were killed in a crash near the Florida Keys;

    Two Navy aviators from the Naval Air Station Oceana-based Strike Fighter Squadron 213 died Wednesday after their F/A-18 Super Hornet crashed off the coast of Florida, Naval Air Force Atlantic spokesman Cmdr. Dave Hecht said.

    The fighter jet crashed about a mile off the coast around 4:30 p.m. as it was returning from a training mission, Hecht said. Both crew members ejected and were recovered from the water and taken by ambulance to Lower Keys Medical Center. Hecht did not know if the crew members, a pilot and a weapons systems officer, died at the scene or later.

    The Navy made the recovery before civilian first responders could get on the scene, according to NBC News;

    The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office told NBC Miami that it dispatched units but that the Navy said it had the situation under control and didn’t need assistance.

    Witnesses to the crash told the Florida Keys News that they saw what looked like an explosion.

    “I saw the fire and then it just dropped,” said Barbie Wilson, who described the jet bursting into flames. “In the air, I saw fire.”

  • Corpsmen get pre-deployment training in Chicago

    According to the Wall Street Journal, Navy corpsmen training for deployment with Marine Corps units are getting that training in Chicago hospitals;

    For so long “the first time a corpsman got any trauma experience was when they were deployed, and some would just freeze up,” said Captain Paul Roach, a U.S. Navy surgeon at the Lovell Federal Health Care Center north of Chicago. “We don’t want that to happen anymore,” said Capt. Roach, who heads the program in the Great Lakes region.

    The Navy is working to formalize a pilot program that has been tested here for three years, rotating newly enlisted hospital corpsmen—the combat medics for the Navy and Marines—and those needing a refresher while they are back home, for six to eight weeks through Stroger Hospital’s trauma center. The 14-bed unit treats over 6,000 trauma patients yearly, many of them with penetrating, life-threatening wounds akin to those on the battlefield.

    In fact, more Americans have been shot in Chicago, that stellar example of Draconian gun control laws, than on all of the battlefields worldwide combined. According to the Chicago Tribune, as of March 12th there have been 414 shooting victims in Chicago so far this year.

    For Corpsman Poplawski, who grew up in suburban Michigan, it was his first time seeing anyone with a gunshot wound.

    The experience “has prepared me to deal with worse things out in the field,” he said. “I’ll be the only one out there, so I’ll have to learn from this.”

  • Mike Sleeper update

    Last year, Dave Hardin told you about Mike Sleeper, a school board member in Columbia County, Georgia, who, for some reason, thought that it was important that he told his constituents that he was an Army Ranger.

    When we exposed him as a liar, he told us all that he was requesting records that would prove us wrong. We’ve been waiting patiently for that proof. Here is our documentation;

    Our sources tell us that he missed a filing date for reelection on March 9th, so I guess he figured that it was better to avoid a public campaign rather than release records that he doesn’t have anyway.

    From the Augusta Chronicle on March 7th;

    Declaring for the school board’s District 3 seat are three Evans residents – George Bratcher, a retired Army veteran and current cyber intelligence analyst; Andrew Kemp, an associate professor in Augusta University’s College of Education; and retired educator Judy Teasley.

    The election is scheduled for May 22.

    Last year, Sleeper emailed us that we were in error, but his emails stopped when we refused to take down the post about him. Locals are crediting us with his decision to quit local politics.