Category: Shitbags

  • Soldier sells $10m in Army property

    Yeah, this isn’t a Duffel Blog story, the link was sent by Hack Stone;

    Prosecutors said Oyegun manipulated the system, created a fake username and password, bogus points of contact and listed multiple shipping addresses.

    Oyegun bought high-end engineering equipment, computer equipment and power tools, charging the goods to the Army, the plea agreement said.

    The goods — including drills, toner cartridges and wireless headsets — were delivered to a Sanford warehouse, Oyegun’s home, and to his cousin in Texas.

    Oyegun then sold the items at local swap meets, on Craigslist and to other people.

    He got away with it for two years and I guess he figured he was a criminal mastermind and the first guy to attempt something like this – the Army might miss a few thousand dollars worth of stuff for a while, but $10 million is kind of pushing the limits, there, buddy. And it probably impacted the availability of stuff that folks needed to fight that war thing that no one pays attention to anymore.

    The article says he’s looking at ten years in the pound-me-in-the-ass prison, but I think if he maxes it out, he still got away with something.

  • Big Army kowtows to Spencer Ackerman’s breathless ignorance

    Last month I wrote about Spencer Ackerman’s piece at Wired which totally mischaracterized materials from a course offered at the Joint Forces Staff College. the PowerPoint presentation merely set up a scenario in which Islam had morphed into a cult which threatened the United States and the US military had to meet the new challenge. Ackerman and his lapdog, Noah Schachtman, took quotes totally out of context to make it appear as if the instructor, Army Lt. Col. Matthew A. Dooley, was making policy pronouncements instead of just framing the discussion for the scenario.

    Instead of telling me how I was wrong, Ackerman merely went on Twitter and said I was wrong, mostly because I wasn’t wrong and he was afraid to confront me.

    Apparently Big Army was afraid to confront Ackerman, because at a link that Zero sent us today, they’ve fired Dooley and reconfigured the course;

    Colonel David Lapan, a spokesman for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said on Wednesday a review of the course found that “institutional failures and in oversight and judgment” led to the course being modified over time in a way “that portrayed Islam almost entirely in a negative way.”

    “The inquiry recommends the course be redesigned to include aspects of U.S. policy and reduce its reliance on external instruction,” Lapan said in a statement. It also recommended improving oversight of course curricula.

    “The elective course’s military instructor has been relieved of his instructor duties until his permanent change of station, which was previously planned for 2012,” Lapan said.

    And this is why Leon Panetta shouldn’t be the Secretary of Defense;

    Navy Captain John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, said in April that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was deeply concerned about some of the materials being taught in the course, such as the slide suggesting the United States was at war with Islam.

    Yeah, just throw your officers under the bus, there, Leon, on the word of an idiot serial goat tongue-kisser like Spencer Ackerman.

    That’s not the way it should have been played at all. Big Army should have taken the time to explain it, instead of playing it like they had a loose cannon running around the Joint Forces Staff College trying to formulate a policy against the religion of Islam. Spencer Ackermann remains an ignorant douche nozzle and Big Army looks like the PC pussies they really are.

    I’m standing here by a plate glass window just hoping Ackerman comes by and pushes me through it. In fact, the night I wrote that piece, I stood by a plate glass window all night at the Arlington Westin Hotel…no Ackerman, though he was in the neighborhood. So he’s still not a milblogger, and he still doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

  • David Hemler, AF deserter has suffered enough

    Marine 7002, Old Trooper and Chief Tango sent us a link to an article about some doofus Zoomie, David Hemler, who deserted from the military in 1984 who thinks he’s suffered enough and should be allowed to return to the US without any punishment.

    Dagens Nyheter said David Hemler had deserted aged 21 while serving at a U.S. Air Force base in Germany, after getting involved with a pacifist church and becoming disillusioned with the policies of former President Ronald Reagan.

    Yeah, Ronald Reagan, that was a reason to desert. Fiery rhetoric. Those pacifist churches are nothing but trouble.

    Apparently, he’s still on the Air Force’s “Most Wanted” list

    “My dream scenario is that the responsible authorities realize I have already been punished quite severely for my actions … I have been living 28 years in lies,” Hemler said.

    Yeah, keep dreaming, gumball. Living the life of luxury in socialist Sweden isn’t prison time. And he works for the Swedish government under an assumed name, I’m sure the nanny state will like that. In 1984, we were cleansing the ranks because of the glut in the recruit pool, I’m pretty sure he could have got a discharge just by asking. But I guess it’s easier to just walk away and then beg forgiveness two decades later.

    His douchebaggery almost reaches the level of Alex Bacon, the former executive director of IVAW who went AWOL from the Coast Guard in Hawaii to protest their patrols of the fisheries. Or something.

  • Sh!tbaggery: It’s Not Just for Junior Guys Any More

    TSO’s got his hands full right now dealing with Timmy “The Craven” Poe, so he sent me a link concerning one each William John Roy. As in CSM William John Roy, US Army. It looks to be worth mentioning.

    CSM Roy – what a guy! According to Roy, he saw Combat in Vietnam with MACV SOG as a combat medic. Was wounded twice, got 2 Purple Hearts, plus a Bronze Star while in ‘Nam. And he also served in Germany, Bosnia, and Afghanistan.

    Per CSM Roy, he got seriously hurt in a rocket/mortar attack near Jalalabad. But don’t worry too much. He applied to the VA for assistance. The VA looked at the paperwork he sent them, and came through for him – bigtime. They awarded him nearly $60k in disability and educational benefits.

    Then someone apparently took a closer look at his paperwork. And his claims began to fall apart.

    Seems that Roy had claimed to have served in combat in Vietnam. With MACV-SOG. In 1974. That’s odd – MACV-SOG was disbanded in 1972. And the Paris Peace Accords were signed in January 1973. Hmm.

    And one of the documents he submitted to the VA was a Purple Heart certificate signed by President Nixon. But it was dated 4 months after Nixon left office. Hmmmmm.

    A little more digging, and it turned out that Roy wasn’t involved in the incident in Jalalabad that he claimed injured him. More investigation showed Roy also appears to have been in Germany the whole time he claimed to have been in Vietnam. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. “Uh, Houston, we have a problem.”

    In a way, it’s too bad this guy wasn’t COL James “Bigamist” Johnson’s CSM. Those two would have made quite a pair, and it seems they deserve one another. Both appear to have been stupid enough to attempt to pull truly outrageous crap while simultaneously being arrogant enough to think they could get away with it. Maybe they were e-mail buddies. (smile)

    Roy was indicted on 6 June 2012 in US District Court in Los Angeles. He was charged with seven Federal offenses – one count of presenting false writings, three counts of making false statements, and three counts of theft. He now faces up to 57 years behind bars if convicted on all counts.

    No, Roy wasn’t indicted on Stolen Valor Act charges. He lives in California – which falls under the jurisdiction of the 9th Circus Clowns of Appeasement. Figures.

    But I guess I can live with that in Roy’s case. The Federal government tends to get a wee bit upset when it’s the victim of fraud, or when you steal from them. And when they’re a victim of fraud or theft, they usually hit back – hard.

    “Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.” You’d think a CSM would know that rather than having to find it out the hard way.

    Then again, you’d also think a CSM should be able to read an encyclopedia and a calender, too.

  • The Mad Medic: Ethan McCord goes full retard

    Our buddy, Doc Bailey, who goes by the name Mad Medic at his own blog “The Madness of the Combat Medic“, knows Ethan McCord, the clown who goes around the country talking to your kids in their school about the “Collateral Murder” video. He busted McCord for putting this as his cover photo on his Facebook page;

    Yeah, the only reason McCord thinks Manning deserves the Medal of Honor is because Manning’s treachery made McCord someone, as opposed to the nobody he was before the video. But you need to read Doc Bailey’s post – Doc was there at the aftermath of the scene portrayed by the video, too, and for some odd reason, Bailey doesn’t see things the way McCord sees them.

  • Army reject kills five, self, in Seattle

    Ian Stawicki, a 40-year-old former soldier, shot five people in Seattle yesterday before killing himself as the Seattle Police Department closed in on him. He started his shooting spree in a cafe in the University District by shooting five people, one of whom survived, before heading downtown and killing a seemingly random woman in a car jacking. His family didn’t express any surprise and described him as having mental problems and “a lot of anger”. According to the local ABC News affiliate, KOMO, Stawicki did a brief stint in the Army in the early 90’s and was based at Fort Drum before being discharged as “unsuitable” for the military.

    When his identity first broke and before any history of his time in the Army came out KOMO ran the picture of him above, wearing a gray Army PT shirt. KOMO also went out of their way to mention that he suffered hearing loss from a grenade going off near his head during training, presumably to set up the narrative of Stawicki suffering from some sort of service induced PTSD. This narrative is already being diligently picked up on by some commentators. We’ll see if there’s any further attempt to beat this meme to death.

    And, in the tradition of never letting a good tragedy go to waste, Jonathan Golob and the always petulantly fussy David Goldstein, both of alt weekly Seattle paper The Stranger, used the “opportunity” to attack “right-wing propagandists” and the Second Amendment, quite literally while the bodies were still warm. Their solutions are, of course, right down the center of The Stranger’s extremist, left-wing Progressive statism, calling for a larger welfare apparatus (but not “inhumanly” institutionalizing crazy people) and restricting law abiding people’s access to guns. Stay classy, guys.

  • Hugo Chavez on “Short Final”?

    According to Dan Rather (yeah, that Dan Rather – he’s still around, even if CBS ashcanned him), Hugo Chavez’s cancer has “entered the end stage”. Per Rather, Chavez has ” metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma” and is thought to have only a short time (a couple of months) to live.

    I’m no fan of Rather, but it does seem as if he’s reporting professionally here. His article clearly identifies that the main facts of his report are based on information from a single source, and that all sources contributing have requested anonymity. But I’m afraid the Bush Air National Guard “memos” fiasco doesn’t exactly inspire much confidence for me in anything reported by Rather. That’s particularly true when he essentially says, “Trust me on this” – as he has here.

    That said, as cold as it sounds I hope Rather’s got this one right. The freedom-loving people of Venezuela deserve better than to have a leftist idiot running their country.

  • Kokesh; more IVAW input on the Chris Hayes comment

    We talked about Chris Hayes and his discomfort yesterday, and how Geoff “Stolen ValorMillard wants to help Hayes to spread his message. Well, now Adam Kokesh, another IVAW member weighs in on the issue;

    Nice, huh? Has Kokesh crossed over to the Westboro Baptist Church? Maybe he should start carrying signs at funerals. And burn some flags. Is this IVAW’s new campaign to support wounded troops? How is this much different than General Pittard’s comment that suicidal troops should suck up their pain and stop being cowards?

    I noticed that it’s on Kokesh’s old congressional campaign Facebook page. This ought to get him some votes in his next election run. Of course, there’s a video at the link, but I don’t think he needs my traffic, it’ll only encourage the little brainless turd.

    Thanks to the folks who dropped off the link to our Fan Page.