Author: Jonn Lilyea

  • Tuesday morning feel good stories

    Tuesday morning feel good stories

    From Bartlesville, Oklahoma;

    The homeowner told police he was checking on a vacant house he owns since it had been broken into multiple times recently.

    He found a man hiding inside the attic. The homeowner confronted the man and fired a shot, hitting the intruder once.

    The suspect was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

    From Baton Rouge, Louisiana;

    t happened around 10:15pm Saturday night on the 3400 block of North Acadian Thruway.

    Sgt. L’jean McKneely identified the dead man as Ke’irie Grayer.

    “Grayer was shot by a 25 year old man while attempting to rob him at gunpoint of his personal belongings,” McKneely wrote in a news release.

    From Chester, Pennsylvania;

    The shooting happened around 4:30 p.m. in the 300 block of Pennell Street. Police arrived on the scene to find 23-year-old Tyler Reed-Knox on the ground with an apparent gunshot wound.

    He was rushed to the hospital, but was pronounced dead a short time later.

    According to the Chester Police Department, Tyler-Knox was attempting to rob someone at gunpoint.

    There was a struggle, police say, and that led to Tyler-Knox being shot.

  • Joel Thompson; phony Green Beret

    Joel Thompson; phony Green Beret

    Our partners at Guardians of the Green Beret share their work on this fellow, Joel Thompson who claims to be a 27-year veteran of the US Army Special Forces.

    Here is his really embarrassing video that you have to see to really hate this goofnut.;

    Joel Thompson Fake Green Beret from Guardians Of The Green Beret on Vimeo.

    But he’s a real fashionista;

    Here his fiance tells all of their friends that poor Joel is going back to Iraq again.

    In order to go “back…again” you have to go once before, and Joel here hasn’t.

    He spent about 20 months in the Army more than 30 years ago and he was discharged as an E-1 12B leg-ass dump truck driver. The only fighting he did in uniform was in prison scuffles while wearing an orange jumpsuit and I’m pretty sure they don’t award CIBs for that. His criminal records are pretty extensive and they’re posted at the GOTGB. All of that stuff on his uniform shirt is bogus, I don’t think that he’s even eligible for VFW membership.

    ADDED April 3rd, 2018; Joel got his discharge upgraded to Honorable, but I still don’t think he’s eligible for membership in the VFW;

  • Army leaders want tougher basic combat training

    Fox News says that the Army is contemplating a longer basic combat training (BCT) for recruits because the pool of recruits is out-of-shape physically and mentally.

    The new BCT will place an added focus on strict discipline and esprit de corps through a greater emphasis on drills and ceremony, inspections and military history. It will also concentrate heavily on crucial battlefield skills such as marksmanship, physical fitness, first aid and communications.

    Along with the new BCT regimen, U.S. Army brass is considering a tougher Combat Readiness Test, which would replace the current three-event APFT with a six-event test Army leaders believe better prepares recruits for the physical challenges of the service’s Warrior Tasks and Battle Drills – the key skills soldiers use to help them survive in combat.

    “There’s going to be a much greater emphasis on fitness,” Volkin said. “Throughout the history of basic training, it’s always been about push-ups, sit-ups and the two-mile run, and that’s not a true test of fitness. This six-point test focuses more on core strength and cardio.”

    Yeah, they have to do something with the generation that eat Tide Pods and snorts condoms. The generation that thinks their schools are prisons because they have to use clear backpacks.

    The Army has to overcome the results of the draw down they experienced over the past several years and rebuild the force quickly and the best place to get new soldiers ready for war is in a longer more focused basic training.

  • Operation Iceberg; the Battle for Okinawa

    Operation Iceberg; the Battle for Okinawa

    Yesterday marked 73 years after the start of Operation Iceberg, the battle for Okinawa, the last push towards the Japanese mainland. 180,000 American soldiers and Marines, along with their British, Canadian, New Zealand, and Australian allies assaulted the island defended by 77,000 Japanese troops and their local Okinawan militia that fielded 20,000 souls.

    12,000 Americans were killed in the battle that lasted 84 days. There were about 50,000 overall US casualties.

    Only 7000 Japanese were captured while the rest fought to their death, including their commander, Ushijima and his chief of staff who committed seppuku on June 22.

    The Okinawans were told that they would be raped and killed by the Americans, so many of them jumped after they threw their families from cliffs into the sea. 150,000 Okinawan died in the battle.

    12 US destroyers were sunk and 386 ships were damaged and 768 aircraft were lost. The Japanese lost 1,430 aircraft and 16 ships.

    Seven Americans were awarded Medals of Honor including Desmond Doss, the conscientious objector who saved seventy five of his comrades. We lost Ernie Pyle, the famous war correspondent, during the Battle for Okinawa.

    The massive losses on Okinawa are said to influence President Truman’s decision to use the atomic bomb to end the war with Japan and to avoid an invasion.

  • Kelly Clark, Sr; no, not that Bronze Star

    Someone sent us their work on this Kelly Clark fellow. The leadership of the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association tried to get him to remove the Bronze Star Medal patch on his vest (in the picture above), but he refused claiming that he had been awarded the Bronze Star Medal. The Association stuck by their guns and Clark quit.

    Looking at his DD214, Clark served aboard USS Mispillion (AO-105), an Ashtabula-class oiler, probably while it was stationed off the coast of Vietnam for seven months in 1967 servicing the ships involved in Yankee Station.

    Clark left the Navy in 1970 as an E-3 Gunner’s Mate. His discharge says that he was awarded a Vietnam Service Medal with a Bronze Service Star, meaning that he was stationed off the coast of Vietnam during a particular campaign. A Bronze Service Star is very different from a Bronze Star Medal and Mr Clark should know that without being told.

    He has a reenlistment code of RE-4 which means that he wasn’t eligible for reenlistment for some reason or another.

  • Moonbeam pardons criminals so they don’t get deported

    NBC News reports that Governor Moonbeam of California has started pardoning criminals for their crimes to prevent the federal government from deporting them. Over his career as governor, Jerry Brown has pardoned 1,519 criminals. Not all of those pardoned were immigrants. But just this week, he pardoned these goblins to save them from the evil Trump Administration;

    Those pardoned Friday included Sokha Chhan and Phann Pheach, both of whom face deportation to Cambodia, a country ruled in the 1970s by the genocidal Khmer Rouge. Chhan was convicted of two counts of misdemeanor domestic violence in 2002 and served 364 days in jail.

    Pheach was convicted of possessing drugs and obstructing a police officer in 2005 and served six months in jail. His wife said he is in federal custody.

    Also pardoned was Daniel Maher, who was convicted in 1995 of kidnapping, robbery and being a felon in possession of a firearm and served five years in prison. Maher is facing deportation to China.

    Chhan, Pheach and Maher hold permanent U.S. residency but had exhausted all legal avenues to fight deportation, making Brown’s pardons for them their last hope to stay in the U.S., Prasad said.

    “This is a life-changing, enormous event,” he said.

    Also pardoned while facing deportation were Daniel Mena and Francisco Acevedo Alaniz, but their home countries were not immediately known. Mena was convicted in 2003 of possessing illegal drugs. Alaniz served five months in prison for a 1997 auto theft conviction.

    Brown on Friday also commuted the sentences of 14 others convicted of crimes.

    I guess the Moonbeam message is that criminals should move to California to commit their crimes, especially if they are illegal immigrants – all will be forgiven.

  • Richard Valero; phony SEAL

    Richard Valero; phony SEAL

    Our partners at Military Phonies share their work on this fellow, Richard Eric Valero who claims to be a Navy SEAL and a Vietnam veteran to give him credibility as he runs a charity called the Veterans Independence Project. Like in this article in The San Diego News;

    This “renewal” program was put together by VIP’s president, Richard Valero, a Vietnam War veteran with the Navy SEALS. Valero actually lived on the streets and shelters of San Diego for a year to obtain an understanding of the struggles that homeless veterans face daily.

    He also claims to be EOD trained;

    So, when the folks at MP asked the Navy about Mr Valero, they responded “Who?”

    Valero is neither a SEAL nor EOD and he never set foot in Vietnam as a member of any uniformed service. Just another draft dodger who feels guilty that he didn’t answer the call when his country needed him.

  • Monday morning feel good stories

    Monday morning feel good stories

    Shoplifting in Memphis, Tennessee is a capital offense…or not;

    After an investigation, officers determined the victim was Dorrian Harris, 17, who died from a gunshot wound.

    Investtogators said Harris stole one beer from a store in the 1100 block fo Springdale Thusday night.

    Store clerk, Anwar Ghazail, drew his weapon and from the right side of his body, the exited the store.

    Ghazail then ran after the teenager and fired several shots at him.

    Wittnesses on the scene said Ghazail then walked back into the store and said, “I think I shot him.”

    Ghazail then called the police after he shot Harris.

    Police communications told FOX13, a woman came home and discovered the dead teen on the side of her home Saturday afternoon.

    Officers said Harris was wearing the same clothing from the night of the shooting.

    Anwar Ghazail, 28, has been arrested and charged with first degree murder.

    In Winston-Salem, North Carolina;

    A Winston-Salem Police Department news release says Officer D.E. McGuire was patrolling late Friday when he stopped a car containing two men and a woman.

    Police say 60-year-old passenger Edward Van McCrae was in the rear seat and began making suspicious movements.

    McGuire told McCrae to stop reaching for concealed areas of the vehicle, but McCrae continued, according to the news release.

    Authorities say the officer physically struggled with McCrae after he was removed from the vehicle, and the officer saw a handgun. McGuire shot and killed the man when he refused commands not to reach for the gun, according to the release. McGuire and McCrae’s race weren’t immediately disclosed.

    From Phoenix, Arizona;

    According to Sgt. Alan Pfohl, officers responded to a burglary call at a home in the area. Officers learned that the suspect, described as a 58-year-old man, was known to the homeowner and that the homeowner had an order of protection against the suspect.

    Pfohl said when police arrived on scene, they saw the suspect jump the fence and flee the area. Officers engaged in a foot pursuit that led them to a nearby apartment complex.

    When officers caught up to the suspect, a physical altercation ensued and an officer was struck in the head, Pfohl said. The officer then pulled out his taser to stop the altercation. Pfohl said upon seeing the taser, the suspect pulled a handgun out from his waistband and pointed it at the officer.

    The officer then dropped the taser and pulled out his service weapon and fired multiple rounds, striking the suspect, Pfohl said. The suspect was taken to a local hospital where he remains in serious condition.

    No officers were injured.

    From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;

    Police officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Robinson Boulevard near Laketon road Sunday morning for reports of a person being shot.

    Officers arrived to find a 20-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the chest.

    The victim was taken to Allegheny General Hospital, where he is listed in critical, but stable condition.

    The victim also had felony warrants and is also in police custody, when released from the hospital, will be placed under arrest and taken to Allegheny County Jail.