Author: Jonn Lilyea

  • Rapone resigns commission

    Rapone resigns commission

    Mick sends a link to the Associated Press which reports that Spenser Rapone has submitted a resignation of his commission as an Army officer to the 10th Mountain Division command;

    Top brass at Fort Drum’s 10th Mountain Division accepted Rapone’s resignation Monday after an earlier reprimand for “conduct unbecoming of an officer.” Rapone said an investigation found he went online to advocate for a socialist revolution and disparage high-ranking officers and U.S. officials. Officially, the Army said in a statement only that it conducted a full investigation and “appropriate action was taken.”

    An unrepentant Rapone summed up the fallout in yet another tweet Monday that showed him extending a middle finger at a sign at the entrance to Fort Drum, accompanied by the words, “One final salute.”

    “I consider myself a revolutionary socialist,” the 26-year-old Rapone told The Associated Press in a series of interviews. “I would encourage all soldiers who have a conscience to lay down their arms and join me and so many others who are willing to stop serving the agents of imperialism and join us in a revolutionary movement.”

    Rapone said his journey to communism grew out of his experiences as an Army Ranger in Afghanistan before he was accepted into the U.S. Military Academy. And those views only hardened during his studies of history as one of the academy’s “Long Gray Line.”

    Yeah, OK – the Taliban made him a commie.

    Here’s his farewell Tweet to Fort Drum;

    In case he deletes the Tweet;

    Greg Rinckey, an attorney specializing in military law, said it’s rare for an officer out of West Point to receive an other-than-honorable discharge. He added that it’s also possible the military academy could seek repayment of the cost of Rapone’s education because he didn’t serve the full five-year service obligation required upon graduation.

  • Martin Gureski was not a Navy SEAL

    Martin Gureski was not a Navy SEAL

    Someone sent us their work on this Martin Charles Gureski fellow. He passed away last month and his family wrote this in his obituary;

    In August of 1962, he enlisted in the United States Navy where he served for four years on the East Coast from Little Creek Virginia Naval Base. Martin’s training at Great Lakes Naval Base in Gurney, IL earned him a license as a first-class electrician. During his service on the USS Ashland, he was on the underwater demolition team, and in 1963, he was enlisted in the 2nd Navy Seal Team organized by President Kennedy where he participated in many important missions during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

    Yes, he was in the Navy, he was stationed on the USS Ashland (LSD-1) which was based at Little Creek, Virginia and spent most of the time he was aboard in the Caribbean. Martin left the Navy as an electrician’s mate (E-4). But, no he was never a SEAL, nor did he participate in SEAL Training, nor did the USS Ashland participate in the Cuban Missile Crisis.

    Since there is nothing that ties Martin to the SEAL claims, it can be reasonably assumed that the family misunderstood aspects of his carer when they wrote the obituary.

  • Tuesday morning feel good stories

    Tuesday morning feel good stories

    From Riverside, Illinois;

    Someone kicked in the side door of a home at 8:11 a.m. in the 500 block of Berkeley Road in Riverside after ringing the doorbell and getting no response, according to a statement form Riverside police.
    ADVERTISING

    The homeowner, who has a valid concealed carry license, picked up his gun and yelled for the intruder to get out, police said. The homeowner and suspect never saw each other.

    The suspect or suspects drove off in a dark-colored SUV, according to police. No injuries were reported.

    From Temple City, California;

    A man who broke into a Temple City business early Monday was shot and wounded by the owner, authorities said.

    Sheriff’s Lt. Tom McNeil said the injured suspect was expected to survive.

    Deputies caught a second suspect who fled the scene when he crashed several streets away, in the 4400 block of Temple City Boulevard.

    The two men had tried to break into an automotive business in the 4700 block of Miller Drive around 4 a.m., the lieutenant said. The owner was at the shop.

    One of the suspects pried the door open, got inside and was shot, McNeil said. The owner had been burglarized in the past, McNeil said, but he did not know if it happened at the same business.

  • Phil Murphy and the one-track mind

    Phil Murphy and the one-track mind

    Sunday morning, Tahaji Wells, a gangster who had been released from prison recently despite a 2004 conviction for manslaughter which came with a 18-year sentence, opened fire on an opponent from a rival gang, injuring 22 people at an art festival. According to Fox News, Wells had another six years tacked on his sentence for his criminal behavior in prison – that’s a 24-year sentence, but math is hard in New Jersey, apparently.

    Phil Murphy, the new governor of New Jersey wasted no time blaming a lack of gun control for the shoot-em-up in Trenton. New Jersey has, arguably, some of the toughest gun laws in the country and Murphy had just signed six new gun laws last week – but that didn’t stop him from blaming guns laws;

    New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy responded to Sunday’s deadly shooting at a Trenton arts festival by calling for new controls on guns. But a suspect’s gang membership — and early release from prison after Murphy took office — may have been bigger factors in an incident that left one person dead and 22 wounded.

    Meanwhile, Murphy — a first-term Democrat in his first elected office — supports shorter sentences for offenders and cuts in prisoner rehabilitation programs…Less than 24 hours after the gunfire, Murphy — a former Goldman Sachs banker who served as President Barack Obama’s ambassador to Germany — began calling for gun control without addressing the other circumstances involved in the crime.

    “It’s yet another reminder of the senseless gun violence, even having signed six stringent gun laws last week,” Murphy said at a news conference Sunday following a service at Trenton’s Galilee Baptist Church.

    During the service, he said he “and many others around this state are committed to ending this scourge of gun violence” and urged the Congress to take action on guns “as a national matter.”

    You know, because it’s easier to write more legislation than it is to enforce existing laws.

    Did I mention that Murphy stripped funding from a program designed to help criminals return to the civilian life with marketable skills? Well, he did. Look at that skull – Murphy looks like a criminal.

  • Good guy with a gun stops criminal

    Good guy with a gun stops criminal

    KOMO News reports that a crazed gunman in a Walmart parking lot in Tumwater, Washington was stopped by a good guy with a gun;

    The bizarre drama actually began earlier, around 5:30 p.m., with a report of a drunk driver going down the road the wrong way near Crosby Road.

    As officers arrived on the scene, they received another call reporting a carjacking and shots fired near Israel Road and Tyee Drive. There, officers found an injured 16-year-old girl but no suspect. Her injuries were not life threatening and she is expected to be OK.

    Shortly afterward, a man believed to be the carjacker showed up at the Tumwater Walmart store in the 5900 block of Littlerock Road SW and opened fire at a display case, police say. The gunman then went outside into the parking lot and fired more shots.

    Megan Chadwick was there, huddled with her four kids as the shooting started.

    “I thought we were in the clear as soon as we got out, and then I just heard four gunshots in a row, the cars crashing and the carts flying at us,” she says.

    The gunman tried to hijack a car – but when the driver refused to give it up, the gunman shot him. It was then that Adams saw another Walmart customer jump into action and shoot the gunman dead. Two other customers also reportedly pulled their weapons in case they were needed.

    “Those men who stood up, they are heroes to me,” says Chadwick.

    The identity of that hero customer who shot the gunman has not been released.

    The carjacking victim who was shot by the gunman was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he is listed in critical condition.

    I should remind you all that this is probably fake news, because we’re constantly reminded by the media that no lives are ever saved by good guys with guns, you know, despite this story and the story last week from Georgia where a good guy with a gun shot three armed thieves in a Kroger parking lot.

  • Syrian rebels destroy ISIS drug stash

    Stars & Stripes reports that US-trained Syrian rebels have destroyed a cache of Captagon or fenethylline also known as the “jihadi’s drug”.

    The highly addictive amphetamine-based substance was seized at the end of May during an operation against ISIS in southern Syria.

    “Despite Daesh’s facade of Islamic purity, its criminal terrorists are known drug users and traffickers,” the task force said, using an Arabic acronym for ISIS.

    Drugs sales have become a significant source of revenue for the group since it lost control of oil wells and refineries across Iraq and Syria, according to the Popular Mobilization Forces in Iraq, which fight the militants…Captagon is said to make fighters alert in battle, keeping them awake for longer periods and making them feel happy and energetic.

    Why do you think it’s called “dope”?

  • Kids in cages

    Kids in cages

    The photo above is supposed to be one of the immigrant children that the Trump Administration is separating from his family. It’s gone viral, of course.

    According to Snopes, it was taken at a protest in Dallas earlier this month;

    However, as it turned out, the photograph was taken on 10 June 2018, but it did not show a child confined by immigration authorities to a cage. Rather, it was snapped during a protest staged in front of Dallas City Hall to call attention to the Trump administration’s practice of separating families and confining undocumented children. Different photographs of the event document that the same child was standing a mocked-up “cage” open at the top, and several commenters noted that the boy was crying not because he was confined, but because he saw his mother outside the pen and could not immediately figure out how to get to her.

    An accompanying photo that hasn’t gone viral confirms Snopes’ research – the little guy is in the foreground, obviously not caged;

    Other photos have gone viral to protest the Trump Administration policy;

    That particular photo was taken in 2014, years before there was a President Trump. According to Business Insider, Obama Adminstration officials have been scrambling to explain the photos;

    Jon Favreau, who worked as a speechwriter for former President Barack Obama, tweeted, “This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible.”

    Favreau said Tuesday he later deleted the tweet after social media users pointed out that the photos were taken during the Obama administration. But by that point, critics had already rushed to accuse him of concealing Obama’s own harsh immigration tactics while condemning Trump’s.

    Favreau said in a series of tweets that he made a “mistake” by not checking the date of the photos before sharing them on Twitter. He explained that the photos were taken in 2014, when the Obama administration faced “an influx of unaccompanied minors who showed up at the border, fleeing violence from Central America.”

    The old “fake but accurate” excuse.

  • Michael Lewis Arthur Meyer and Veterans on Patrol

    Michael Lewis Arthur Meyer and Veterans on Patrol

    There’s a conspiracy brewing just outside Tucson Arizona about a “child sex-trafficking camp” found by a homeless veteran advocacy organization called “Veterans on Patrol (VOP)“. The group was founded by Michael Lewis Arthur Meyer who presents a veteran image, he wears dogtags on the outside of his clothes, but actually he has never served in the military. He doesn’t claim to be a veteran, but he also doesn’t disabuse people of that notion.

    We first wrote about Meyer and VOP when he tried to kidnap Jon Ritzheimer for his own good from the Malheur phony soldier convention in Oregon.

    Now, they claim to have discovered a child-sex trafficking camp and markers for a corridor for bringing children to the US.

    The Southern Poverty Law Center says that Stuart Rhodes and his Oathkeepers have joined with VOP in their conspiracy – a conspiracy that even Alex Jones has avoided.

    Rhodes, whose group claims to be made up of tens of thousands of current and former law enforcement and military personnel, posted a “call to action” on the Oath Keepers website on June 6, telling his members to go to Arizona to help with an “operation” begun last month by Michael Meyer, who commonly goes by the name Lewis Arthur.

    That alone would scare me away from the nuthatchery in Tucson.

    From NBC News;

    An armed group called Veterans on Patrol is demanding that authorities recognize a homeless camp they found on private property to be a child sex-trafficking camp.

    Authorities have found no evidence that there was a child-sex camp on the site, even though they have brought in investigators and a police cadaver dog to search the area. But the lack of evidence has done nothing to prevent these claims from catching on among far-right online conspiracy theorists.

    Since he’s a felon, Meyers cannot touch a firearm and he claims that his group isn’t armed.

    Of course, the media is comparing this to the “Pizzagate” incident where conspiracy-minded people thought that Hillary Clinton and her crew were hiding children in the basement of DC pizzeria which attracted nutty-ass Edgar Maddison Welch who fired a rifle into the floor of the pizzeria, for some reason.

    The fact that authorities found no evidence to support Meyer’s claims have not slowed him down. Meyer contends in his videos that local law enforcement has destroyed evidence of child sex trafficking at the camp, but can still generally be trusted. The federal government, however, described on the group’s Facebook page as “corrupt,” could be hiding something nefarious at the camp, Meyer suggests.

    For these nutjobs, the lack of proof only reinforces their beliefs.